Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Sport & Recreation
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2018, 09:50 AM   #2031 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,740
Default

We'll agree to disagree. Still, I think we can agree that the French have been lucky. They haven't played well at all - an own goal from Croatia and then a (so far as I'm concerned - and so are the pundits on RTE) dodgy penalty. Nothing from open play, no real fluidity in their passing, a lot of long balls. They're lucky to be ahead.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:54 AM   #2032 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,386
Default

Croatia lucky to only be one behind tbh deflected shot.
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:55 AM   #2033 (permalink)
Call me Mustard
 
rubber soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pepperland
Posts: 1,311
Default

It sucks when you can get a penalty kick on an accidental handball. It wasn't blatant and it certainly wasn't intentional, but I guess the rules are the rules.


It isn't over yet though. Croatia are the cardiac kids of this cup
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
But looking for quality interaction on MB is like trying to stay hydrated by drinking salt water.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:03 AM   #2034 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Croatia lucky to only be one behind tbh deflected shot.
Croatia have been the better team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
It sucks when you can get a penalty kick on an accidental handball. It wasn't blatant and it certainly wasn't intentional, but I guess the rules are the rules.


It isn't over yet though. Croatia are the cardiac kids of this cup
Not necessarily. Handball has to be seen to be deliberate, a deliberate attempt to stop or deflect or change the flight of the ball. That was none of those things.

And who the **** are these cardiac kids you keep mentioning?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:05 AM   #2035 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 6,419
Default

__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:06 AM   #2036 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,386
Default

Lineker literally just read the rule out and intention means nothing if it's hand to ball.

Hypothetical scenario: attacker heads at goal, defender doesn't see it but blocks on the line with his hand as it moves toward the ball. Penalty or na?
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:08 AM   #2037 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Lineker literally just read the rule out and intention means nothing if it's hand to ball.

Hypothetical scenario: attacker heads at goal, defender doesn't see it but blocks on the line with his hand as it moves toward the ball. Penalty or na?
Na.
Non-hypothetical scenario: guy goes for goal but first helps the ball onto his foot by using his hand. Penalty or na? *

* unless it's France of course.

#IrelandNever4Gets
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:10 AM   #2038 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,386
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Na
Stopped a goal scoring opportunity pen and a red tbh.
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:13 AM   #2039 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Stopped a goal scoring opportunity pen and a red tbh.
You suck
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:16 AM   #2040 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Na.
Non-hypothetical scenario: guy goes for goal but first helps the ball onto his foot by using his hand. Penalty or na? *

* unless it's France of course.

#IrelandNever4Gets
Ireland got robbed there but even if I give the foul it's not a penalty as Henry was in Ireland's box
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.