Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Sport & Recreation
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Would you watch it?
Yes I would 0 0%
I view casually 2 28.57%
If it's the only thing on I'd consider it 0 0%
No, I wouldn't 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2018, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jacob Sartorius
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,018
Default Vince McMahon Restarting the XFL

Spoiler for big pic:


Vince McMahon -- Gimmick-free XFL to return in 2020

I'd heard rumors about this but it's still a shock.
__________________
MODS HAVE BIG GAY!
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 05:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 39,001
Default

He looks like a Matrix agent two days from retirement before Neo jumps in his guts.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
White Cis Male
 
Akai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Mids, UK
Posts: 1,221
Default

What happens on XFL?

Never heard of it.
__________________
Quote:
''Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny'' - FZ
3 OtC Musical Interests of Q4 2018 - Khruangbin | Fkj | Yussef Dayes


-Audio Technica ATH-M40x
-Presonus Studio 26
-Spirit Powerstation 1200W
-Peavey XT Series x2




⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀https://i.imgur.com/NUbupRr.jpg
Akai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jacob Sartorius
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
What happens on XFL?

Never heard of it.
It's Vince McMahon's new Football league. It literally isn't set to start 'til 2020. He's done this before back in 2000. Also called the XFL. Majorly flopped.
__________________
MODS HAVE BIG GAY!
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 462
Default



Unfortunately, I had the displeasure of having watched a couple of XFL shows. It was absolute dog ****, and what's hilarious is that they didn't even hide that it was the exact same thing as the WWF, but with football players playing football instead of wrestlers wrestling. Basically, they even had The Rock and Undertaker try to give it a big push because of course they did. Also, there were probably like 2 real football players who had any business playing professionally. Now that the WWE is pretending that their product is legitimate (it isn't), they're going to try and make the XFL look legit (it won't be).
Maajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,811
Default

We already have the Arena Football League and the Indoor Football League in the U.S.

The WWE's modus operandi has been to buy up the competition. They may as well buy one of those leagues and re-brand it.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
We already have the Arena Football League and the Indoor Football League in the U.S.

The WWE's modus operandi has been to buy up the competition. They may as well buy one of those leagues and re-brand it.
I'm convinced that Vince has lost it.
Maajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jacob Sartorius
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maajo View Post


Unfortunately, I had the displeasure of having watched a couple of XFL shows. It was absolute dog ****, and what's hilarious is that they didn't even hide that it was the exact same thing as the WWF, but with football players playing football instead of wrestlers wrestling. Basically, they even had The Rock and Undertaker try to give it a big push because of course they did.
He was trying to do in football something similar to what he did in WWE. He was also using his established stars to get eyes on it. Not to mention XFL actually used several camera techniques that NFL would much later on install in their system. Frankly XFL doesn't get enough credit. It's only crime was trying to do something different to stand out.

Quote:
Also, there were probably like 2 real football players who had any business playing professionally. Now that the WWE is pretending that their product is legitimate (it isn't), they're going to try and make the XFL look legit (it won't be).
Yeah. They don't try and pretend it's legit now. Everyone knows it's not and no one cares.
__________________
MODS HAVE BIG GAY!
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank. View Post
He was trying to do in football something similar to what he did in WWE. He was also using his established stars to get eyes on it. Not to mention XFL actually used several camera techniques that NFL would much later on install in their system. Frankly XFL doesn't get enough credit. It's only crime was trying to do something different to stand out.
It's crime was being incredibly boring and offering very little of anything new that wasn't entertainment related.

Quote:
Yeah. They don't try and pretend it's legit now. Everyone knows it's not and no one cares.
Damn, here I was thinking that they added all of these indie and japanese wrestlers (and their "strong style") to try and restore some credibility to the WWE. How silly of me.
Maajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jacob Sartorius
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maajo View Post
It's crime was being incredibly boring and offering very little of anything new that wasn't entertainment related.
The entertainment was the new thing. If you don't like it fine, but it's still them trying something new. Kudos to Vince for trying.

Quote:
Damn, here I was thinking that they added all of these indie and japanese wrestlers (and their "strong style") to try and restore some credibility to the WWE. How silly of me.
I don't understand. Do you think that Indie and Japanese wrestling is real? They're not. Nakamura was brought in because he's a popular and proven draw in Japan. The indie guys got brought in to see if they can make money with them. Lesnar, the only person with legitimacy, was in the company before his UFC run.
__________________
MODS HAVE BIG GAY!
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.