Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Artists Corner > Talk Instruments
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 12:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrloser_IX View Post
You through out the Peavey as an option and I play through a Peavey Valve King 212. The reason I went with that amp is the clean channel. It works really well for me and comes in clean which is perfect for my pedal board. I would recommend playing with some of their amps.
Just curious mate, for you heavy or hell even slight overdrive do you stick pedals in front of clean channel or use amps overdrive as well.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 49
Default

I recently bought an old Laney pre AOR pro tube lead 50 head. it sounds so hairy and awesome when you push it, but the cleans are beautiful.
theairwasthick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
rnrloser_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North bum-feck, NH
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
Just curious mate, for you heavy or hell even slight overdrive do you stick pedals in front of clean channel or use amps overdrive as well.
All clean channel with the bright switch on. I use a Boss-OD3 for the crunchy, vintage style overdrive, then a MXR distortion + for the litter and thicker drives, then both together to get a really solid, hard rock distortion, then I use a digitech hotrod distortion by itself for any heavy metal and that gets the job done quite well. Why do you ask, bad luck with them before?
__________________
-IX
rnrloser_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrloser_IX View Post
All clean channel with the bright switch on. I use a Boss-OD3 for the crunchy, vintage style overdrive, then a MXR distortion + for the litter and thicker drives, then both together to get a really solid, hard rock distortion, then I use a digitech hotrod distortion by itself for any heavy metal and that gets the job done quite well. Why do you ask, bad luck with them before?
I just am always in a pickle over weather to just get another amp for my metal/heavy playing, or work on finding the right pedals for my fender. I love fender amp clean sound, and refuse to have anything else for most rock songs. But when it comes to metal I get worried that my tone is crap because of my running so many pedals.

The only one I really love it my Big Muff Pie, which sounds amazing but has 0 dynamics to t (like most fuzz pedals), so its not really any good for that chug sound.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:09 AM   #15 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
rnrloser_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North bum-feck, NH
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I love fender amp clean sound, and refuse to have anything else for most rock songs.
Fender clean is amazing. Tube I assume? They got awesome reverb too. And hearts to Big Muff, I've always wanted one. There are so many pedals and combinations, I'm sure you can find something to plug into. I know boss makes the ML-2 metal core and the MT-2 Metal zone. Each offer different tones, but they have a wild, hard hitting sound. Best advice is to play around with pedals and look at what other metal musicians use, although you might get a bunch of on-board Marshall responses. I know, crappy advice, but that is how I got where I am. How many pedals are you running and what kind of guitar are you playing? I have an SG with a P-90 that gets a decent metal tone then a Jackson Dinky with a DiMarzio Super 3 that gets a great, heavy tone.
__________________
-IX
rnrloser_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 17
Default

How serious are you? Why not invest in a good tube amp? The best amp for generic "hard rock" is Orange imo. Marshall can be good, too. Peavey (5150, 6505, etc) and Mesa Boogie (rectifier series) are more geared towards metal, for lead guitar. If you plan on gigging than do not go solid state. Than cannot compare when kicked into higher volumes and, and also on the distortion channels.
botchla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
rnrloser_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North bum-feck, NH
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by botchla View Post
How serious are you? Why not invest in a good tube amp? The best amp for generic "hard rock" is Orange imo. Marshall can be good, too. Peavey (5150, 6505, etc) and Mesa Boogie (rectifier series) are more geared towards metal, for lead guitar. If you plan on gigging than do not go solid state. Than cannot compare when kicked into higher volumes and, and also on the distortion channels.
If you're set up right, most any amp can kick out sounds for any style.
__________________
-IX
rnrloser_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
  • Quite a change, Song Writing, Lyrics and Poetry Forum, 1 replies
  • Name change, Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback Forum, 2 replies
  • Name Change?, Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback Forum, 26 replies
  • Name change?, Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback Forum, 9 replies
  • Possible Name Change??, Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback Forum, 3 replies



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.