Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Artists Corner > Talk Instruments
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 35
Default A certain Guitar Tone

Not sure if there is a thread for tone searches, but I'm trying to find a certain type of sound and can't. I want a "pulled back" tone? Not really sure how to describe it. Think Jimmy Page's tone on "You Shook Me". I've tried rolling my tone knob back, Upping the bass and cutting mids and highs. But I can't seem to get that Chicago-ish bluesy tone. It's always too aggressive. My only guitar's are a Gretsch CVT and a Hondo II Les Paul style that I'm restoring. My amp is a cheap little Kustom SS head, but I have a pedal board to do my distortion (Big Muff Pi, DOD 250 Overdrive, Ibanez TS-808 Tube Screamer, Boss FRV-1 Fender Reverb, etc) and what not. So any ideas?
Uh_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 26

Try bringing your pedal board to a music store and try out some amps. Your amp head could be holding you back.
GrapeSoda is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads

© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.