Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Album Reviews
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 11:12 PM   #51 (permalink)
Bitchfarmer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Between the minarettes, down the Casbah way.
Posts: 983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
I saw them a while back, and trust me, with all the lights and visuals, seeing the band 'rock out' really isn't that important.

.


What? You're happy going to a light/visuals show?
I can buy a live cd, some fancy lights and a computer program to make them run pretty.
I'd prefer to see the band play and sing.
The music and the energy of the band should easily outweigh the energy of a light/visuals show.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Yup.

Because I chose to play the fool in a six-piece band,
First-night nerves every one-night stand.
I should be glad to be so inclined.
What a waste! What a waste!
But I don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Nirvana pisses over David Bowie and Nirvana isn't even that good.
Frances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:18 PM   #52 (permalink)
down the rabbit hole
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: the mountain called monkey
Posts: 764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post
What? You're happy going to a light/visuals show?
I can buy a live cd, some fancy lights and a computer program to make them run pretty.
I'd prefer to see the band play and sing.
The music and the energy of the band should easily outweigh the energy of a light/visuals show.
word brother
joyboyo53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:24 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Abuser
 
Wayfarer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post
What? You're happy going to a light/visuals show?
I can buy a live cd, some fancy lights and a computer program to make them run pretty.
I'd prefer to see the band play and sing.
The music and the energy of the band should easily outweigh the energy of a light/visuals show.
It depends on the band for me. Would be boring for a band like Iron Maiden to just stand and play, yeah, but not, say, Pink Floyd. Tool aren't really the type of band I'd want to watch 'rock out' all that much. The lights/visuals suit the music perfectly.
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:27 AM   #54 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: earth
Posts: 211
Default

Tool live is so much more than just lights and visuals. I can't really explain it. There is so much power in their performances.
__________________
Think for yourself. Question Authority.
O'Bannion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:55 PM   #55 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,221
Default It just occurred...10,000 Days

Um, so I've been thinking about this record quite a bit the last few minutes. And it occurred to me, it couldn't possibly have taken Tool any more than 2 months or less to write this entire record. The only real cohesive songs on the whole thing were Vicarious, Jambi and The Pot. The rest is either pure trickery (makeshift unorganized jams like Wings/10,000 Days and Rosetta Stoned), mere ideas (Intension/Right in Two), or filler (Lipan Conjuring and the lame soundscape of Viginti Tres). Yes, there are really no more than 3 cohesive songs on this whole record, and there's no way they took years to write, not even half a year.

Tool do not take a long time to release an album because of the great care that goes into their thoughts and their songwriting. They take a long time because they don't actually have any ideas.

Discuss.
Rainard Jalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:47 PM   #56 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
under's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,056
Default

dont diss on TOOL. there music is amazing. and first off, i dont think you should be saying anything if you haven't seen TOOL live. They are amazing. The songs that aren't full of lyrical genius are full of instrumental amazingness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
Tool do not take a long time to release an album because of the great care that goes into their thoughts and their songwriting. They take a long time because they don't actually have any ideas.

Discuss.
and how do they take a while on there albums and not have any ideas. isn't that a little ironic to say?

you really dont know what the hell you are talking about.
under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:57 PM   #57 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: VAN
Posts: 2,530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awriterslastresort
you really dont know what the hell you are talking about.
lel, irony.
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:25 PM   #58 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
Um, so I've been thinking about this record quite a bit the last few minutes. And it occurred to me, it couldn't possibly have taken Tool any more than 2 months or less to write this entire record. The only real cohesive songs on the whole thing were Vicarious, Jambi and The Pot. The rest is either pure trickery (makeshift unorganized jams like Wings/10,000 Days and Rosetta Stoned), mere ideas (Intension/Right in Two), or filler (Lipan Conjuring and the lame soundscape of Viginti Tres). Yes, there are really no more than 3 cohesive songs on this whole record, and there's no way they took years to write, not even half a year.

Tool do not take a long time to release an album because of the great care that goes into their thoughts and their songwriting. They take a long time because they don't actually have any ideas.

Discuss.
word
NoiseNotMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:29 PM   #59 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseNotMusic View Post
word
Surely you can add more than that to your post?
__________________

A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:41 PM   #60 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
Sounds like you don't have much of an attention span.
Who? the original poster?
__________________

A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.