Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Album Reviews
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 18
Default

Hasn't this overplayed album been talked about enough? If Kurt had lived longer they might have had a legacy worth talking about, but a few studio albums and a trickle of bootlegs gone official release hardly seems like a career.
PerlJammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #22 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerlJammer View Post
Hasn't this overplayed album been talked about enough? If Kurt had lived longer they might have had a legacy worth talking about, but a few studio albums and a trickle of bootlegs gone official release hardly seems like a career.
I personally always thought that Alice In Chains, were one of the more, superior bands, from the 90s Seattle area.

Is Pearl Jam your favorite?
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
RMR
Front to Back
 
RMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
I personally always thought that Alice In Chains, were one of the more, superior bands, from the 90s Seattle area.
I think Alice in Chains is by far the best of the so called big-4 of grunge (Nirvana, Pearl jam, Soundgarden, and AIC). Cantrell is an amazing and underrated song writer, guitarist, and vocalist. Most people didn't notice, but he filled in quite a bit for Layne on vocals when Layne could hold it together. AIC's new album is not bad either.
__________________
RMR
My music reivew site: RMR Music Reviews
RMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
RMR
Front to Back
 
RMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringsibanez View Post
Isn't reviewing an album this old a little behind the times? I mean, more can be said? Not that I'm entirely objective.. I was listening to this album when it was new.. and I was 7.. Pretty sure I have a nostalgic bias toward loving it.
Are you suggesting that we only post reviews for new albums on this forum?
__________________
RMR
My music reivew site: RMR Music Reviews
RMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:57 AM   #25 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
metalheadmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 127
Default

This isn't my favorite Nirvana album. This is a more polished sound. My favorite is Bleach. The raw sound on that album was great. But the only thing Bleach didn't have was Dave Grohl. Now don't get me wrong I like Nevermind. What a lightning rod Nirvana became because of this album. Whether you liked em' or hated em'. This is still a great album though. Nirvana to me were not grunge. They took there influences and went with it. Nirvana didn't come along to knock the rock bands out of the limelight. The record labels made the decision to go in this direction. Sadly this was the end of things to come for music in a hole. Since then music is all trends. The record labels looking for the next big thing
metalheadmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #26 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalheadmike View Post
This isn't my favorite Nirvana album. This is a more polished sound. My favorite is Bleach. The raw sound on that album was great. But the only thing Bleach didn't have was Dave Grohl. Now don't get me wrong I like Nevermind. What a lightning rod Nirvana became because of this album. Whether you liked em' or hated em'. This is still a great album though. Nirvana to me were not grunge. They took there influences and went with it. Nirvana didn't come along to knock the rock bands out of the limelight. The record labels made the decision to go in this direction. Sadly this was the end of things to come for music in a hole. Since then music is all trends. The record labels looking for the next big thing
What does "music in a hole" mean?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #27 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
What does "music in a hole" mean?
he likes the sound when you put the record on the centrepin
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #28 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
metalheadmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
What does "music in a hole" mean?
What I meant was music from that point on became trends. Grunge movement moved into the Alternative movement then became the Nu metal movement. The record labels create these trends to increase sales of albums and music downloads on Itunes. I hate putting labels on music. It's all music. Now I like some popular music. But record labels have a plan for you now. Or let me say The Big Three have a plan for you and that means a two to three year plan for you and will toss you and head onto the next big trend
metalheadmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #29 (permalink)
RMR
Front to Back
 
RMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalheadmike View Post
Or let me say The Big Three have a plan for you and that means a two to three year plan for you and will toss you and head onto the next big trend
Mike, first, welcome to the forum! Not trying to pick your wording or threads apart, but what does that mean?
__________________
RMR
My music reivew site: RMR Music Reviews
RMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #30 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalheadmike View Post
What I meant was music from that point on became trends. Grunge movement moved into the Alternative movement then became the Nu metal movement. The record labels create these trends to increase sales of albums and music downloads on Itunes. I hate putting labels on music. It's all music. Now I like some popular music. But record labels have a plan for you now. Or let me say The Big Three have a plan for you and that means a two to three year plan for you and will toss you and head onto the next big trend
I hate to break it to you but pop music was full of record label supported trends long before grunge came along.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.