Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Album Reviews
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #61 (permalink)
Horribly Creative
 
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, The Big Smoke
Posts: 8,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
The album's goal has nothing to do with the quality of the album itself.

It's not a matter of objectivity (because neither one of us is objective), I like plenty of melodic, poppy metal albums. In comparison, The Black Album sucks. When I compare it to melodic rock/metal it sucks, when I compare it to other Metallica it sucks, and when I compare it to heavy metal in general it sucks.

That's how I determine quality.
Actually in this case the goal does, as all the great elements that you associated with Metallica are void from the album.

I am being objective, I stated earlier that I don't like the album, but that doesn't mean that I can't hear the quality of the album, which I think it has in abundance.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:20 AM   #62 (permalink)
Trolier Than Thou
 
Forward To Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,328
Default

I can objectively see how it sucks, I can objectively see how it is good, I'm not going to pretend I know which one is correct. However, I can speak for myself. Metallica sucks.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #63 (permalink)
Horribly Creative
 
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, The Big Smoke
Posts: 8,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
I can objectively see how it sucks, I can objectively see how it is good, I'm not going to pretend I know which one is correct. However, I can speak for myself. Metallica sucks.
So we can conclude then, that you don't like Metallica.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #64 (permalink)
Trolier Than Thou
 
Forward To Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,328
Default

I speak from my point of view, and I think the quality of The Black Album is low. Your conclusion is way off, and is just another example of you missing the point of speaking for yourself. I love Metallica, and I still have their first four albums on heavy rotation.

At this point I can't tell if you're trolling or you're just pretentious.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:11 AM   #65 (permalink)
Horribly Creative
 
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, The Big Smoke
Posts: 8,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
I speak from my point of view, and I think the quality of The Black Album is low. Your conclusion is way off, and is just another example of you missing the point of speaking for yourself. I love Metallica, and I still have their first four albums on heavy rotation.

At this point I can't tell if you're trolling or you're just pretentious.
..........and I can't tell if you're just being dumb or naive.

For the record, I think your point of view about the Black Album is way off as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 10-21-2012 at 03:16 AM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:38 AM   #66 (permalink)
Trolier Than Thou
 
Forward To Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,328
Default

Argumentative, because Metallica brings it out in me. Why shouldn't I be, they suck.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:38 AM   #67 (permalink)
Horribly Creative
 
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, The Big Smoke
Posts: 8,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
Argumentative, because Metallica brings it out in me. Why shouldn't I be, they suck.
Ok fair enough.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:15 AM   #68 (permalink)
The Aerosol in your Soul
 
Rjinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Posts: 1,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
..........and I can't tell if you're just being dumb or naive.
? I don't see anything wrong with how Forward responded. Besides from that, I completely agree with it.

I pretty much pretend anything after ...And Justice for All doesn't exist, just so I can keep Metallica in my good books. And to be honest, I'm afraid to listen to this one, especially after St. Anger.
__________________
last.fm
Rjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #69 (permalink)
Horribly Creative
 
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, The Big Smoke
Posts: 8,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinn View Post
? I don't see anything wrong with how Forward responded. Besides from that, I completely agree with it.
Apart from the trolling and pretentious comments neither did I.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:18 AM   #70 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

St Anger roolz

people who say otherwise are pretentious and/or trolling
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.