Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2018, 07:43 AM   #1411 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ Yes, I agree with this. Unfortunately, some people here enjoy drama and rather over-value the contributions of the more contentious members, imo. Maybe they sometimes react negatively to mod bans, and of course they have a right to do so. But what I hope is that every ban is preceded by a warning, and if a ban is justified, a mod has the strength of character to withstand a bit of griping
What you and TH seem to be overlooking is the difference between a joke and a personal attack. If someone is joking with someone else and they are uncomfortable with the humor they need to express themselves maturely in the thread, report it to a mod, or take it to PMs. Jokes are not off limit, but they can sometimes go over the line if peoples feelings get hurt(which is what the mods should and do monitor for from what ive seen). The problem is the way members deal with it not the mod team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
You ****ing people can't be left alone for a minute.
****ing drama machine in here.
Hi friend. I'm always eager to read your comments filled with utter disgust of us.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:44 AM   #1412 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai View Post
Jw, how long are their bans?
OH - 7 days
Chula - 5 days
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:47 AM   #1413 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,185
Default

Biased af, if you ask me.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:48 AM   #1414 (permalink)
White Cis Male
 
Akai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Mids, UK
Posts: 1,222
Default

Did OH express he was joking or no?

Seems like some posts could of possibility been lost in translation.
__________________
Quote:
''Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny'' - FZ
3 OtC Musical Interests of Q4 2018 - Khruangbin | Fkj | Yussef Dayes


-Audio Technica ATH-M40x
-Presonus Studio 26
-Spirit Powerstation 1200W
-Peavey XT Series x2




⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀https://i.imgur.com/NUbupRr.jpg
Akai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:50 AM   #1415 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 6,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai View Post
Did OH express he was joking or no?

Seems like some posts could of possibility been lost in translation.
Keep doing that and you'll be the next to receive a ban.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:51 AM   #1416 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai View Post
Did OH express he was joking or no?

Seems like some posts could of possibility been lost in translation.
I'm certain that he was joking. He just crossed the line.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:52 AM   #1417 (permalink)
White Cis Male
 
Akai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Mids, UK
Posts: 1,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I'm certain that he was joking. He just crossed the line.
Fair enough.

Not one for personal sh*t either tbf.
__________________
Quote:
''Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny'' - FZ
3 OtC Musical Interests of Q4 2018 - Khruangbin | Fkj | Yussef Dayes


-Audio Technica ATH-M40x
-Presonus Studio 26
-Spirit Powerstation 1200W
-Peavey XT Series x2




⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀https://i.imgur.com/NUbupRr.jpg
Akai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:54 AM   #1418 (permalink)
Born To Be Mild
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 2,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
What you and TH seem to be overlooking is the difference between a joke and a personal attack. If someone is joking with someone else and they are uncomfortable with the humor they need to express themselves maturely in the thread, report it to a mod, or take it to PMs. Jokes are not off limit, but they can sometimes go over the line if peoples feelings get hurt(which is what the mods should and do monitor for from what ive seen). The problem is the way members deal with it not the mod team.
^ Maybe I didn't mention it, but, yes, I know a personal insult is often a joke or vice versa. In that case it's usually pretty clear that no malice is intended, and no offense is taken, as TH explained in the paragraph of his that I quoted.
__________________
Did you ever hear of having more than you wanted? So that you couldn’t want anything else and then started looking for something else to want? It seems like we’re always searching for something to satisfy us, and never finding it. - Susan Eloise Hinton, 1967
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:56 AM   #1419 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai View Post
Not one for personal sh*t either tbf.
Offensiveness aside, I find it to be lazy form as a jokester.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:03 AM   #1420 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Offensiveness aside, I find it to be lazy form as a jokester.
Ad hominem best hominem. You fucking wanker.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.