Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Should The Name That Tune Forum Be Scrapped
Yes 33 68.75%
No 15 31.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
NSW
I am in your sway
 
NSW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tejas
Posts: 2,579
Default

Seems like most people are posting in the wrong forum anyway. Give it the boot.
__________________
Formerly user nonsubmissivewife, but no longer a wife and never was submissive. Pretty sure those two things have nothing to do with each other though.
NSW is offline  
Old 12-17-2008, 09:23 PM   #22 (permalink)
you know what it is
 
simplephysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,893
Default

might as well keep it.
__________________
one font under god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline  
Old 12-17-2008, 10:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
Occams Razor
 
Son of JayJamJah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: End of the Earth
Posts: 2,470
Default

To hell with it
__________________
Me, Myself and I United as One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 10:41 AM   #24 (permalink)
why bother?
 
Bulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 4,826
Default

Give it the chop I say
Bulldog is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 10:46 AM   #25 (permalink)
one big soul
 
Alfred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,072
Default

Hear! Hear!
__________________
Alfred is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #26 (permalink)
Moodswings n' Roundabouts
 
Piss Me Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At the corner of Dude and Catastrophe
Posts: 4,510
Default

It bothers me very little. I've helped some people out in there but apart from the odd thread-moving i never cross it. I don't think a thread dedicated to Name That Tune would be as efficient as it seems, i'd say leave it.
__________________


Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline  
Old 12-21-2008, 04:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
dontcareaboutyou
 
swim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,188
Default

I think it does more harm than good.
__________________
http://nakednaps.bandcamp.com/
swim is offline  
Old 12-21-2008, 11:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
Occams Razor
 
Son of JayJamJah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: End of the Earth
Posts: 2,470
Default

What this poll shows is that people are generally apathetic towards it and removing it would hurt no regulars feelings.
__________________
Me, Myself and I United as One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline  
Old 12-22-2008, 04:19 PM   #29 (permalink)
you know what it is
 
simplephysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,893
Default

I'm just assuming all the people who sign up here only to figure out what song they heard in a movie or whatever will only post their requests in General Music or someplace else, pissing everyone off further. At least having a seprate category contains them to one place.
__________________
one font under god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline  
Old 12-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaught View Post
I'm just assuming all the people who sign up here only to figure out what song they heard in a movie or whatever will only post their requests in General Music or someplace else, pissing everyone off further. At least having a seprate category contains them to one place.
They already do that anyway , most of the posts in that forum have been moved into there by us. Having that forum just brings in more people asking.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.