The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2018, 01:14 PM   #13811 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,359
Default

The next person that brings up this topic is getting disciplined.

End it.

Now.
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:17 PM   #13812 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
a) I don’t want to talk about it.

b) I’m at the tail end of a degree that allows me to work with teenagers for a living. I don’t need to be lectured on physical development or psychology of sexuality by some idiot on the internet who gets a feeling of superiority by objectifying minors. I understand your bull****, and the screen you’re hiding behind does not change it into magically becoming socially acceptable to discuss.

Sixteen year olds are children. They just are. Saying that they’re not- because they are sexually matured and are capable making kids- is still disgusting. You are not cool because you’re willing to admit to drooling over children. You’re gross.

So... please, please, please. Shut the **** up. You can stop digging yourself deeper now, but you have to make that decision yourself. You’re not going to convince me that you’re not disgusting.
I don't get a feeling of superiority by objectifying minors. I'm just stating a fact. I don't need to be called gross or have words put in my mouth or ideas slapped onto me by *******s that always have to tear down my self esteem over stupid disagreement. That's perfectly fine here. To sit on your high horses and consistently tear me down all the ****ing time is cool but talking about an uncomfortable subject is not cool, you guys ****ing suck.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:19 PM   #13813 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I don't get a feeling of superiority by objectifying minors. I'm just stating a fact. I don't need to be called gross or have words put in my mouth or ideas slapped onto me by *******s that always have to tear down my self esteem over stupid disagreement. That's perfectly fine here. To sit on your high horses and consistently tear me down all the ****ing time is cool but talking about an uncomfortable subject is not cool, you guys ****ing suck.
I can tell you didn't see my post because you were probably writing this one but I'll just reiterate to get my point across...

This discussion ends now.
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:20 PM   #13814 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

I like how I can have all the mods comment on how ugly or useless they think I am but the moment I make a statement about something that makes people uncomfortable it's bad. And I wasn't the one making gross and disrespectful comments about 14 year olds. You guys are self righteous pieces of ****.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:24 PM   #13815 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I like how I can have all the mods comment on how ugly or useless they think I am but the moment I make a statement about something that makes people uncomfortable it's bad. And I wasn't the one making gross and disrespectful comments about 14 year olds. You guys are self righteous pieces of ****.
I can tell you're upset so I'm trying to be understanding here but you need to realize that your words have weight and some of the things you say are going to generate some pretty jagged responses. This last one being a VERY controversial and generally unwanted opinion. You're not being ganged up on. You didn't start this. But you did chime in. Stop victimizing yourself for an opinion that is, I'm sorry, ethically plain wrong.

EDIT: And when have the mods every called you ugly or useless? I'd never say that sh*t to you dude.
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:28 PM   #13816 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I can tell you're upset so I'm trying to be understanding here but you need to realize that your words have weight and some of the things you say are going to generate some pretty jagged responses. This last one being a VERY controversial and generally unwanted opinion. You're not being ganged up on. You didn't start this. But you did chime in. Stop victimizing yourself for an opinion that is, I'm sorry, ethically plain wrong.
You're aloud to call me wrong, I'm not aloud to defend it.

You know what's unwanted? Being told I'm human waste or how ****ty my hair is every other post or all the other **** that gets said. But the weight of that doesn't matter because I made a controversial statement that I'm not aloud to discuss because it makes people uncomfortable. You're aloud to though, you're aloud to give your opinion but not me.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:30 PM   #13817 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
EDIT: And when have the mods every called you ugly or useless? I'd never say that sh*t to you dude.
Adidass called you guys out for it and you guys acted like he was crazy.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:31 PM   #13818 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

I said I like you just yesterday. The discussion is over for bigger reasons than you ffs so just drop it.

So how about that genocide in Central African Republic?
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:33 PM   #13819 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I said I like you just yesterday. The discussion is over for bigger reasons than you ffs so just drop it.

So how about that genocide in Central African Republic?
lol
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:33 PM   #13820 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Adidass called you guys out for it and you guys acted like he was crazy.
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I have never said anything like that to you.
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.