Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2018, 10:57 AM   #14191 (permalink)
Born To Be Mild
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 2,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
If China ends up building a military base in California will you not be concerned?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Id welcome the liberators in Florida.
^ Anyone who considers the Chinese liberators might be in for a disappointment. Ever read anything about how the Tibetans were liberated?
__________________
Did you ever hear of having more than you wanted? So that you couldnt want anything else and then started looking for something else to want? It seems like were always searching for something to satisfy us, and never finding it. - Susan Eloise Hinton, 1967
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:27 AM   #14192 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,310
Default

Yep

I mean of course

but FLORIDA ... think about it - we need a strong master

this state has rabies

They might have to put ol yeller down
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
There's probably some reasonable middle ground between Leave It to Beaver and being forced to suck your step-father's dick in the basement after your mom goes to work.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:41 AM   #14193 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
He told me he forgave me. I could tell it wasn't in English or any other human language, and yet I understood.
This is why you are a worthy Mod. When all else fails, you simply 'understand'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
If China ends up building a military base in California will you not be concerned?
Catch up. (your use of the phrase 'military base' is hyperbole 101)

http://losangeles.china-consulate.org/eng/
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:44 AM   #14194 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

We have military in all of those countries for their protection. Yeah, protection see.

__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 01:56 PM   #14195 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,137
Default

Sorry this is a late response...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Actually every death ever observed of every living thing ever was the same. No dead organism ever went somewhere else. All starting decomposing. At this point with billions and billions of direct observations it’s very safe to say it’s settled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Have you ever stepped on a roach?

There’s no nahhh about it. I dgaf if people believe disproven **** like human consciousness floats into the ether. It doesn’t. We know that because with neuroscience we know exactly what consciousness is and when you die it decomposes like all other physical organic entities. Every human that dies, every anything that dies, it’s the same every time. Nothing goes anywhere. It’s not 50/50 or we don’t know. We do know. It’s 100% certain. There’s not even a billionth of a chance of an afterlife. If you still have doubts go kill something. Watch it die. There you have it.
If I were to put money on a reality, it would be that we are worm food after we die. That's the most likely outcome. What I have found in my 29 years on this planet though is that none of us have a clue what the f*ck we're talking about. Frownland doesn't. Batlord doesn't. You don't. I certainly don't. We're not that special. I claim ignorance to these type of questions because I'm not so arrogant that I can claim to know the answers to some of the most difficult life questions. If you guys want, which you totally do, you can stand on your horse and claim to know what happens after we die. I have a pretty good feeling the lights go out and that's all. I'm not going to tell somebody else that's the cold hardened truth though because who the f*ck am I and why do I think I've figured it out? I can't even remember my neighbors last names and I've lived next to them for 20 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
WW2 wouldn't have happened without imperialism aided by willing soldiers. I wonder if the "Greatest Generation" had any opinions about how their country was carrying on all around the world beforehand or if they just nodded their empty heads like their fathers and children did and continue to do.
I'm not going to claim that the American government, at pretty much any time period, hasn't been a total wad of chodes. I understand we didn't enter WWII riding on a horse with an eagle perched on our huge dicks for glory and freedom. That's naive. All I'm saying is that what the Third Reich was setting out to do, and nearly accomplished, was a gray area of what is or isn't the right response. That sh*t stops. We just so happened to help stop it. As did Canada, England, France, Belgium, etc....

Plus, to be completely honest, a nice war every once in a while is great for population control.
__________________
LastFM
My Film Blog That I don't Write in Anymore
jsmith7389 on Spotify
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
ants are at every zoo you ever been to bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
elph

would you kiss the vagina of a woman who asked you to switch off half japanese?
Exo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:01 PM   #14196 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
If I were to put money on a reality, it would be that we are worm food after we die. That's the most likely outcome. What I have found in my 29 years on this planet though is that none of us have a clue what the f*ck we're talking about. Frownland doesn't. Batlord doesn't. You don't. I certainly don't. We're not that special. I claim ignorance to these type of questions because I'm not so arrogant that I can claim to know the answers to some of the most difficult life questions. If you guys want, which you totally do, you can stand on your horse and claim to know what happens after we die. I have a pretty good feeling the lights go out and that's all. I'm not going to tell somebody else that's the cold hardened truth though because who the f*ck am I and why do I think I've figured it out? I can't even remember my neighbors last names and I've lived next to them for 20 years.
That's true, but becoming worm food (an observed outcome) is massively more probable than going to heaven (an outcome that has never been observed).
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:07 PM   #14197 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

Former Colleagues, Friends, Athletes To Serve As McCain's Pallbearers



Fingers crossed
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:17 PM   #14198 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
That's true, but becoming worm food (an observed outcome) is massively more probable than going to heaven (an outcome that has never been observed).
I agree. Science hasn't observed life after death. Modern science is still young though and my philosophical ideals adjust for that. There's a lot we don't get and a lot we get wrong. It sounds like what religious people call "faith" but really it's a lack of confidence that we humans have figured sh*t out permanently on the subject.
__________________
LastFM
My Film Blog That I don't Write in Anymore
jsmith7389 on Spotify
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
ants are at every zoo you ever been to bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
elph

would you kiss the vagina of a woman who asked you to switch off half japanese?
Exo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:19 PM   #14199 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I agree. Science hasn't observed life after death. Modern science is still young though and my philosophical ideals adjust for that. There's a lot we don't get and a lot we get wrong. It sounds like what religious people call "faith" but really it's a lack of confidence that we humans have figured sh*t out permanently on the subject.
Ja I agree on that. We've made advancements but we'll probably be looked back on with a forehead slap.

I was mainly calling out your "same probability" comment.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:23 PM   #14200 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 6,169
Default

Why even entertain such an absurd notion when absolutely nothing points toward it being real?
Might as well say that elves and wizards are real because what do we know, probably science just isn't advanced enough yet to deal with that.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.