Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2018, 06:16 PM   #14431 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
News flash: everyone has free will and the world is full of idiots who send death threats to people they don't like. When you go out into the public eye and grandstand for any reason, you become a target.

All I can say is I hope one of the D-Party's super-pac coalitions paid her some good cash, cause coming out with a story where your own attorney says "it doesn't matter if she's telling the truth or not" doesn't really seem to be worth it even as a stalling tactic.
She didn't come intothe public eye intentionally so there goes your whole talking point.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:17 PM   #14432 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 4,278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
She didn't come intothe public eye intentionally so there goes your whole talking point.
An anonymous accusation that can't be corroborated wasn't going to do anything on it's own. Come on now.
__________________
My Top 30 Albums of 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.
Anteater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:17 PM   #14433 (permalink)
that DMT world
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 9,807
Default

"it doesn't matter if she's telling the truth" is the reason you wouldn't use it as a stalling technique

you automatically assume it's political and result to character assassination

it's everything that's wrong with these situations on display
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
When Johnny's holding Juliet
It's like he holds his cigarrette
he hangs her on the window ledge
And blows her over London
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:18 PM   #14434 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,596
Default

So she deserves her treatment because her statement couldn't be adequately politicized. Nice.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:26 PM   #14435 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 4,278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
So she deserves her treatment because her statement couldn't be adequately politicized. Nice.
Nobody deserves death threats. I'm just saying that people need to look at reality before they commit to a course of action. When you are in the public eye and you so much as drink a glass of water, somebody somewhere might take offense to it and go nuts. For example, James Gunn received death threats after that whole debacle of his 10+ year old tweets caused enough of an uproar to get him fired from Disney, and it wasn't right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
"it doesn't matter if she's telling the truth" is the reason you wouldn't use it as a stalling technique

you automatically assume it's political and result to character assassination

it's everything that's wrong with these situations on display
Once upon a time, Kavanaugh was under serious considerations before joining the Bush administration. Multiple background checks, people interviewed, etc. There was plenty of opportunities even over the last 15 years for Mrs. Ford to come out and say something. Feinstein claims that Blasey sent a letter in July, which means the Democrats were sitting on this for months and knew her identity. Is she telling the truth? We don't know.
__________________
My Top 30 Albums of 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.

Last edited by Anteater; 09-19-2018 at 06:32 PM.
Anteater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:37 PM   #14436 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Nobody deserves death threats. I'm just saying that people need to look at reality before they commit to a course of action. When you are in the public eye and you so much as drink a glass of water, somebody somewhere might take offense to it and go nuts. For example, James Gunn received death threats after that whole debacle of his 10+ year old tweets caused enough of an uproar to get him fired from Disney, and it wasn't right.
She thought that she would remain anonymous. RIP your point, Chula.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:45 PM   #14437 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 4,278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
She thought that she would remain anonymous. RIP your point, Chula.
Nah. Just remember that Feinstein knew her identity and said nothing during two full days of hearings and a followup of something like 1,300 questions. So does that mean there are issues of credibility in the story or is there something else going on?
__________________
My Top 30 Albums of 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.

Last edited by Anteater; 09-19-2018 at 06:52 PM.
Anteater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:25 PM   #14438 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,596
Default

I think the delay is politically minded and that it's naive to not consider that.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:27 PM   #14439 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 12,854
Default

I’ll show those dirty republicans

I’m gonna vote!
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

The government that governs best is the government whose members commit suicide.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:37 PM   #14440 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,988
Default

Chula defends Page for raping a 14-year-old girl and Ant defends a judge for trying to rape another girl. They really are the same person.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.