Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2018, 05:49 PM   #16121 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsock View Post
In the time that I've been on here I have indeed criticized liberals. But I've only been here for two months. If you give me a loony conservative I'll happily criticize him but alas, there aren't that many of those here. You seem to have started this off with a "too early to tell" mindset and have shifted into the "definitely" mindset. I'd suggest sticking with the former because your badly aimed accusations of me believing in an ideology I don't believe in are ludicrous at best.
your response to Merit was "hmm interesting tell me more"

but anyhow being a libertarian in the American sense makes you basically Paul Ryan
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got a woman mean as she can be
sometimes I think, she's almost as mean as me
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:51 PM   #16122 (permalink)
Softest Bullet Ever Shot
 
windsock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: the Outer Rim
Posts: 1,528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
Which is a pretty right-wing way to see the issue. Morality being partisan? What does that even mean? The media?
Lmao if it's a right-wing view than plenty of left-wing individuals on here are in fact right-wing. If anything what I'm criticizing is the culture that the two party system has created, wherein individuals can receive support and votes from people despite horrible accusations like having sex with minors levied at them simply because they align with the candidates party-wise. I don't know where you got the media part from.
__________________
RYM
Last.fm


Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
windsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:53 PM   #16123 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsock View Post
what I'm criticizing is the culture that the two party system has created, wherein individuals can receive support and votes from people despite horrible accusations like having sex with minors levied at them simply because they align with the candidates party-wise. I don't know where you got the media part from.
interesting because you seemed ready to step up to bat for ole "I like Beer" Kav
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got a woman mean as she can be
sometimes I think, she's almost as mean as me
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:53 PM   #16124 (permalink)
Softest Bullet Ever Shot
 
windsock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: the Outer Rim
Posts: 1,528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
your response to Merit was "hmm interesting tell me more"
My response to Merit was disagreeing with him and telling him that I didn't believe Hitler was a Zionist puppet and WWII was all to create the state of Israel. I'd still be interested in learning more about his point of view.

Elph, if you want to recommend me books or send me links about socialism being a good idea for the United States through my DMs I'd be happy to take a look at those as well. I'm not going to just sneer at people and not consider their opinions just because I disagree with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
interesting because you seemed ready to step up to bat for ole "I like Beer" Kav
You guys talk a lot about things "reeking of" or "seeming like" or "implying" other things, which only tells me that you've become so entrenched in your ideologies that you see things in people and speech that aren't really there.
__________________
RYM
Last.fm


Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
windsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:55 PM   #16125 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,907
Default

I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got a woman mean as she can be
sometimes I think, she's almost as mean as me
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:57 PM   #16126 (permalink)
Softest Bullet Ever Shot
 
windsock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: the Outer Rim
Posts: 1,528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
Well don't say I didn't try!
__________________
RYM
Last.fm


Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
windsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:01 PM   #16127 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsock View Post
You guys talk a lot about things "reeking of" or "seeming like" or "implying" other things, which only tells me that you've become so entrenched in your ideologies that you see things in people and speech that aren't really there.
The kernel of your point was essentially "This liberal politician didn't receive the same criticism as this conservative rallying point." Perhaps you can forgive us for being suspicious of someone who'd previously praised Tucker Carlson. Perhaps you should be more aware of how you come across, because it's not always our fault.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:02 PM   #16128 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsock View Post
In the time that I've been on here I have indeed criticized liberals. But I've only been here for two months. If you give me a loony conservative I'll happily criticize him but alas, there aren't that many of those here. You seem to have started this off with a "too early to tell" mindset and have shifted into the "definitely" mindset. I'd suggest sticking with the former because your badly aimed accusations of me believing in an ideology I don't believe in are ludicrous at best.
I'm not at definitely yet, but your defensiveness towards people recognizing you as a conservative as ludicrous is rather telling. Just own it, dawg.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:06 PM   #16129 (permalink)
Softest Bullet Ever Shot
 
windsock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: the Outer Rim
Posts: 1,528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
The kernel of your point was essentially "This liberal politician didn't receive the same criticism as this conservative rallying point." Perhaps you can forgive us for being suspicious of someone who'd previously praised Tucker Carlson. Perhaps you should be more aware of how you come across, because it's not always our fault.
My point was that a politician that has accusations of having sex with underage prostitutes in the Dominican Republic wasn't being called out like he should have. If Menendez was a republican I would have done the same. I was against Roy Moore when he was accused of the same thing.

And again, my "praise" of Carlson was mostly a joke. I do think the guy has some interesting points but I disagree with many of his opinions (such as those concerning the president). I don't think I should have to put note: not a republican! at the end of all of my posts. I apologize for you taking what I said in a different way and I will make an effort to make sure my points aren't construed the wrong way in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I'm not at definitely yet, but your defensiveness towards people recognizing you as a conservative as ludicrous is rather telling. Just own it, dawg.
So let me get this straight- you want me to immediately agree with people accusing me of being something that I'm not because if I don't I'm being defensive and am indirectly admitting to being such? You kinda got me trapped in a logical mobius strip there.
__________________
RYM
Last.fm


Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
windsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:53 PM   #16130 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,907
Default

"Libertarian" yacht rock and/or metal listening square quota has already been filled
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got a woman mean as she can be
sometimes I think, she's almost as mean as me
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.