The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2019, 04:09 PM   #16891 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I mean, the right to clean drinking water didn't exist until we found a way to get clean drinking water.

The right to bear arms didn't exist until we created arms to bear.

Makes sense.
I thought that the right to bear arms came after the creation of the bear?
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:10 PM   #16892 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I thought that the right to bear arms came after the creation of the bear?
I'm not correcting it.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:12 PM   #16893 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I thought that the right to bear arms came after the creation of the bear?
Bears didn't always have arms tho. That's why we trained them to tip toe on balls.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:15 PM   #16894 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
Bears didn't always have arms tho. That's why we trained them to tip toe on balls.
That's gotta hurt.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:44 PM   #16895 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,814
Default

You don't have to be religious or retarded to value human life. You're a fool! A damn fool!

Last edited by WWWP; 02-03-2019 at 04:26 PM.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:57 PM   #16896 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
You don't have to be religious or retarded to value human life. You're a fool! A damn fool!
Valuing human life is emotional. Recognizing human rights is ascribing law to emotion. Necessary but imperfect, and nothing about it is inherent.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by WWWP; 02-03-2019 at 04:18 PM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 11:27 PM   #16897 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
Valuing human life is emotional. Recognizing human rights is ascribing law to emotion. Necessary but imperfect, and nothing about it is inherent. [deleted]
One of these days you will look back on posts like these and be ashamed of yourself.

Last edited by WWWP; 02-03-2019 at 04:18 PM.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 03:21 AM   #16898 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

I'm 32-years-old, bruh. I think I'm kinda stuck like this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 03:27 AM   #16899 (permalink)
Mord
 
Zhanteimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,874
Default

I must be going insane, because I remember a couple years ago you going on about how you'd outlived Jesus. That'd make you older than 33.
__________________
Zhanteimi

LetsTalkMusic
Zhanteimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:43 AM   #16900 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 6,799
Default

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
A middle class job sounds like a boring menu option at a brothel

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.