The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2021, 11:34 AM   #22731 (permalink)
Epiphany is upon us
 
Mindfulness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 10,015
Default


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3plcc7bRLA
__________________
https://x.com/mindys_stuff_
May 21st, 2024



Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 11:42 AM   #22732 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,359
Default

I'm on BK's team on this one. People really need to learn to listen to an explanation instead of grabbing pitchforks with their hands over their ears. BK is all like "No, see, we did this on purpose because kitchens are male dominated and we feel that women are great chefs and belong in the same rooms as males" and the public just says "NAHHH THAT SH*T SOUNDS BAD".

F*ck that. I'm pro BK here.
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:03 PM   #22733 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Join me in buying burger king for all three meals to save sensibility from the wreckless twitter mob of a few dozen teenagers.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:09 PM   #22734 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Join me in buying burger king for all three meals to save sensibility from the wreckless twitter mob of a few dozen teenagers.
I mean, I already do that so Charles doesn't get laid off due to a dip in company profits.
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 01:37 PM   #22735 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Rapping Community
Posts: 24,593
Default

Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:39 PM   #22736 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Ninetales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: livin wild
Posts: 2,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I'm on BK's team on this one. People really need to learn to listen to an explanation instead of grabbing pitchforks with their hands over their ears. BK is all like "No, see, we did this on purpose because kitchens are male dominated and we feel that women are great chefs and belong in the same rooms as males" and the public just says "NAHHH THAT SH*T SOUNDS BAD".

F*ck that. I'm pro BK here.
It's just an extremely lame form of advertising
Ninetales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:10 PM   #22737 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I'm on BK's team on this one. People really need to learn to listen to an explanation instead of grabbing pitchforks with their hands over their ears. BK is all like "No, see, we did this on purpose because kitchens are male dominated and we feel that women are great chefs and belong in the same rooms as males" and the public just says "NAHHH THAT SH*T SOUNDS BAD".

F*ck that. I'm pro BK here.
As if BK wasn't looking for a negative backlash to make there stock prices go up. And as if the media doesn't know the rules of this game and play along to get their own slice of the controversy pie. All sides are dickheads and I spit on them all
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:49 PM   #22738 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 4,403
Default

Yeah I don't buy that it wasn't intentional. I'm gonna join Exo anyway in being pro BK on this one though.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:27 PM   #22739 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Yeah I don't buy that it wasn't intentional. I'm gonna join Exo anyway in being pro BK on this one though.
Why? The whole point of this is manipulating advertising. You might as well side with Coke over Pepsi cause Pepsi is blaspheming against the Pope.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 10:57 AM   #22740 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 6,799
Default

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
A middle class job sounds like a boring menu option at a brothel

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.