Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2020, 02:27 PM   #22881 (permalink)
jwb
I have an Army of Jews
 
jwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3,937
Default

Isn't the entire purpose supposed to be gauging the general sentiment? Maybe if they were targeted towards specific different groups I could see your point but I think both are meant to be representative of Americans in general.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:29 PM   #22882 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
dumb moderates who want to burn down police stations AND bring out the troops? We sure got some interesting moderates.
What about the police station probably deserved to get torched because it was where that cop worked but the troops were needed because unrelated stores were being looted?
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:29 PM   #22883 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Isn't the entire purpose supposed to be gauging the general sentiment?
Yes.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:31 PM   #22884 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Isn't the entire purpose supposed to be gauging the general sentiment? Maybe if they were targeted towards specific different groups I could see your point but I think both are meant to be representative of Americans in general.
They are. And they do with a reliable plus minus

At least that’s what my social studies teacher said
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:38 PM   #22885 (permalink)
jwb
I have an Army of Jews
 
jwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3,937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
What about the police station probably deserved to get torched because it was where that cop worked but the troops were needed because unrelated stores were being looted?
fair point but it still seems like both supporting burning the police station and supporting a military crackdown are not really "moderate" sounding approaches to me. Whether you agree with them or not they both sound more extreme than the alternative.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:40 PM   #22886 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

I think it may suggest radicalism
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:42 PM   #22887 (permalink)
jwb
I have an Army of Jews
 
jwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3,937
Default

I agree.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:48 PM   #22888 (permalink)
jwb
I have an Army of Jews
 
jwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3,937
Default

jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:51 PM   #22889 (permalink)
Cult of The Sunbringer
 
Raime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 439
Default

Watching that video of that old man being shoved down like that made me ****ing mad. He deserves more than a suspension, you don't just do **** like that.
__________________
Choice Club Music Journal

Awful trash that I listen to

Awful trash that I own

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I’m a full on fascist. I don’t even give a **** about making sense.

Do you have a black truck?

Last edited by Raime; 06-05-2020 at 03:00 PM.
Raime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:56 PM   #22890 (permalink)
Cult of The Sunbringer
 
Raime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 439
Default

Bel Air Protest Draws Hundreds of Supporters, Several Racists

In other news, this **** happened to my former coworker and her daughter.
__________________
Choice Club Music Journal

Awful trash that I listen to

Awful trash that I own

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I’m a full on fascist. I don’t even give a **** about making sense.

Do you have a black truck?
Raime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.