Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2020, 09:53 AM   #23601 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,001
Default

Crowbar formed in 88, I think they take the cake on that one.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:01 AM   #23602 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,855
Default

"That's gotta be India."

Reads article.

"Yup."
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:37 AM   #23603 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 45,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
They’re a great band

I guess it depends on how you define heavy
What kind of dumb person definition of heavy would you have to use to say that the Beatles were ever as heavy as this?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:48 AM   #23604 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
What kind of dumb person definition of heavy would you have to use to say that the Beatles were ever as heavy as this?

A definition written by someone who understands that profundity is essential to greatness.
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:55 AM   #23605 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 6,877
Default

lol


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF6Vvq3f3UY
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:17 PM   #23606 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 45,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
A definition written by someone who understands that profundity is essential to greatness.
That is some elph-level pompous dip**** cringe.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:19 PM   #23607 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,001
Default

The Beatles were about 500 pounds altogether when they were active, right? That's nowhere near as heavy as a lot of other bands. Maybe Tad is tops on that one.

Just making sure that my fat joke is really driven home here.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:20 PM   #23608 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 45,940
Default

Crowbar probably still win tbh.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:26 PM   #23609 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
I can attest to this. I couldn't stand GNR when they came out, but by that time metal heads were denouncing Crue as hair metal pretty boy sell outs after Theater of Pain and then Girl's. GNR did kind of fill the void Crue had left in it's climb to a disassociation of their metal fan base, but they were still considered posers. We had Slayer, Metallica, and all the others, so GNR was kinda weak. Great song writing, but still too pop-ish for the discerning metal head.

Early Crue though will always be, as someone here always says: Unassailable.
I was talking about meatheads though, not metalheads.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:32 PM   #23610 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
The Beatles were about 500 pounds altogether when they were active, right? That's nowhere near as heavy as a lot of other bands. Maybe Tad is tops on that one.

Just making sure that my fat joke is really driven home here.
Collectively, I'd think someone like the Brian Setzer Orchestra or the Polyphonic Spree would be the heaviest.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.