Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2018, 09:34 AM   #9481 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
But then you would end up with Bernie and like-minded people.
Lol you're more concerned about there being change and hope than you are with doing the same old **** that doesn't work for most people on this planet and it's primarily has to be because you feel like you have something you feel like you stand to lose. Everybody gains when the bottom is doing well except for that top % that doesn't give a damn about you unless you're giving them dividends to expand their influence and wealth. Sanders isn't doing anything other than holding them to the debts that they owe to everyone for making them rich.
Maajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:01 AM   #9482 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,426
Default

I think Sanders would do terrible things for the poor in America.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:02 AM   #9483 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 12,795
Default

1) Sanders didn’t do **** but flap his gums
2) He didn’t challenge the industrial military complex
3) He’s rich his damn self
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

The government that governs best is the government whose members commit suicide.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:03 AM   #9484 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,764
Default

Congress wouldn't let Sanders get through most of the stuff he preaches about when he's up on his soapbox. He'd be a lame dick commander in chief.
__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:06 AM   #9485 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Congress wouldn't let Sanders get through most of the stuff he preaches about when he's up on his soapbox. He'd be a lame dick commander in chief.
Sounds good to me. We need to ditch the god king approach.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:43 AM   #9486 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Yep

Every penny one person has is a penny no one else has. Wealth is freedom. Poverty is imprisonment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
absolutely

this is the "boogeyman" dwn and unfortunately it's very real
If you say so.. there is nothing inherent about wealth that strips the freedom of other individuals. It's actually the system, but ya'll go ahead and keep on blaming the money for the problems. And please don't bring lobbying into this and other very specific circumstances, I understand the influence it has on social systems in the US, but that is not the argument I'm making.

Having less money does not necessarily = less freedom, unless you consider freedom being able to afford $100million dollar yacht, which is a stupid argument.

I'm totally fine not being rich and very happy with the life I've made for myself.. Being filthy rich would not afford me any extra privileges beyond luxuries that have nothing to do with freedom, rights, or protection.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 01-10-2018 at 10:50 AM.
DwnWthVwls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:51 AM   #9487 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
If you say so.. there is nothing inherent about wealth that strips the freedom of other individuals. It's actually the system, but ya'll go ahead and keep on blaming the money for the problems. And please don't bring lobbying into this and other very specific circumstances, I understand the influence it has on social systems in the US, but that is not the argument I'm making.

Having less money != less freedom, unless you consider freedom being able to afford $100million dollar yacht, which is a stupid argument.

I'm totally fine not being rich, and very happy with the life I've made for myself.. Being filthy rich would not afford me any extra privileges beyond luxuries that have nothing to do with freedom, rights, or protection.
The system came to be this way precisely because of money. I don't think that it's any kind of exception that money means power and influence either.

Also,

Quote:
Having less money !
What does the factorial of having less money have to do with anything?
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:07 AM   #9488 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
The system came to be this way precisely because of money. I don't think that it's any kind of exception that money means power and influence either.

Also,



What does the factorial of having less money have to do with anything?
Did the system come to be this way because of money or because people with money set it up to take advantage of it? That's a pretty important distinction you seem to be ignoring. Again, my argument is not that problems don't exist because of wealth, my argument is that the systems which allow wealth to interfere with a healthy functioning system are the root of the problem (of course this is all theoretical considering we have not found any system even close to utopia).

and "!=" means "does not equal".
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...
DwnWthVwls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:09 AM   #9489 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 12,795
Default

Quote:
If you say so
Good copy.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

The government that governs best is the government whose members commit suicide.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:11 AM   #9490 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 12,795
Default

Quote:
utopia
Yawn
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

The government that governs best is the government whose members commit suicide.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.