Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
Juicious Maximus III
 
tore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scabb Island
Posts: 5,935
Default

I think musicbanter needs to read this :



__________________
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
tore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Ehf, the argument has it's basis in modern biology, not social sciences. You seem to be confident in a different idea that explains what rape is and where the behaviour comes from, but there is sound biological consistent theory which can explain perfectly well why rape could be a strategy. Your post makes it painfully clear you don't know/understand any of the arguments based on that theory.
Tore my friend, its fine to say whats invalid in my arguments, but don't assume you've got me pegged. You might have your bases covered in biology but I don't quite think you've got people locked down.

There could be a strategy to rape of biological motives? I think your post makes it painfully clear you're too many feet in the biological grave. Not everything is as clear cut as the laws of gravity.



Quote:
Also, although not really relevant to the discussion, I think most sex between adults and minors is consensual in the way that the adult manipulates the minor to agree to have sex. Possibly, a definition of or differentiations between different kinds of "rape" would be useful to the discussion, f.ex "violent rape" or "date rape".
And this would position my argument very clearly. You tread dangerous waters to assert that there is anything consensual about an adult (usually 40+) raping a child or to suggest as glibly as you have that date rape is different than violent rape.

If you don't like my argument, that's fine. But lets not get into who knows what about what.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Goblin Tears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
You're my new favorite poster here.
Thank you! I find myself liking a lot of your posts too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Ehf, the argument has it's basis in modern biology, not social sciences. You seem to be confident in a different idea that explains what rape is and where the behaviour comes from, but there is sound biological consistent theory which can explain perfectly well why rape could be a strategy. Your post makes it painfully clear you don't know/understand any of the arguments based on that theory.
Yes, ummm, well a theory is speculative in nature, so I don't get why you're taking the more knowledgeable than thou high-horse here?

And date rape involves drugging a person, not manipulation. You're probably mixing it up with statutory rape, which is consensual, but one party is underage. Like those schoolteachers who sleep with fourteen year old boys. I guess those teachers can be proud, knowing they're contributing towards EVOLUTION. Now if only she hadn't used a condom.
Goblin Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Juicious Maximus III
 
tore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scabb Island
Posts: 5,935
Default

Big3, nice reply. Doesn't debunk, provide support against or really comment on any of the points I brought up. In other words :

I tread dangerous waters? What are you on about? If you use violence to subdue someone and forcefully have sex with them, that is a different behaviour from sneaky ****ing someone who's so drunk they've basically passed out. It seems logical to assume that some might be likely to do the latter, but not the first, so when talking about these behaviours and the people who do them, it should make sense to differentiate between different kinds/define what we mean by rape in the context we apply it to.

edit :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Tears View Post
Yes, ummm, well a theory is speculative in nature, so I don't get why you're taking the more knowledgeable than thou high-horse here?
Don't wanna sound smarmy, but I have a degree in biology so that should count for a little at least. If you are a cobbler and act more knowledgable than me in a thread about shoes, should I complain about it? Also, be careful that you don't mix the scientific terms hypothesis and theory. There's a theory of gravity, but that doesn't mean people in general speculate on whether or not a rock will fall to to the ground if they pick it up and drop it.

When something is not certain (aside from the general uncertainness we have about anything) - or if my knowledge is lacking - then I try to mention that in my posts.
__________________
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
tore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Edit: Forget it. I'm all set.

Last edited by TheBig3; 07-20-2010 at 08:15 PM.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:37 AM   #26 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

So, do people here believe that sex for pleasure is a bad thing? Because of the consequences?

Well I think we can count on technology to make a breakthrough sometime in the future that will allow us to f*ck as much as we want without overpopulating the planet.

If all men care about is some inherent desire to spread their genes but can't get laid, than how about sperm doning?

Some men just plain shouldn't spread their genes though.

We just like f*cking a lot. But I disagree with those who think it's purely natural to want to rape. I've been denied sex my whole life and I've never had this desire, and why would I lie when I'm so honest about all the other things that creep people out?

Rapists of the sexual assault variety tend to be emotionally and/or mentally unstable in some way or another. Sociopaths, Psychopaths, Narcissists, Sadists. People with a history of repression, abuse and bitterness towards the opposite sex. Something is psychologically out of order thus it is not biologically normal.

With date rape, well that's just an example of what happens when you combine horniness with inebriation and stupidity.

Last edited by boo boo; 07-21-2010 at 03:48 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:45 AM   #27 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Exactly.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:57 AM   #28 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Aerohead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 23
Default

Men think of any excuse to make being a disgusting scumbag expectable.
__________________
[Link removed by moderator]
Aerohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:20 AM   #29 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

"Don't worry baby let me rape you, IT'S SCIENCE!"
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:25 AM   #30 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerohead View Post
Men think of any excuse to make being a disgusting scumbag expectable.
Give me a break.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.