Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 03:03 AM   #231 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I find the privilege stuff a little blah. Why not instead of being guilty for what colour vagina you came out of, you treat people equally and not acknowledge that someone is better or worse for their assigned race?
recognizing that you have a privilege in life that other minorities don't isn't the same as being guilty because you have it.

Also "not acknowledging"/ignoring that this privilege exists in the first place is pretty ignorant but that's fine if you choose to ignore it.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:06 AM   #232 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Obviously it's not easy to ignore but people trying to guilt trip each other for it is ridiculous.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:07 AM   #233 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I like that your example basically describes you

Sir, check your privilege at the door.
lol @ check your privilidge



so what group am i yearnin to identify with?? people who hate feminists? lol sign me up asap


theres not much separating the recognizing privilidge/guilt thing. it doesnt change much either way and doesn't for me, thats for sure. the black community is screwed and its usually whites they blame. no accountability.
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:09 AM   #234 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Okay, I'm leaving because I can't unsee 216's post.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:36 AM   #235 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Obviously it's not easy to ignore but people trying to guilt trip each other for it is ridiculous.
not easy to ignore? it doesn't have to be ignored. Embrace your privilege and just realize that it exists. There doesn't have to be a negative association to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Okay, I'm leaving because I can't unsee 216's post.
Good idea especially with that borderline racist post of his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
theres not much separating the recognizing privilidge/guilt thing. it doesnt change much either way and doesn't for me, thats for sure. the black community is screwed and its usually whites they blame. no accountability.
Did you go to the black community and they all decided to share this unified opinion with you? I'm pretty sure you are just taking your experience with a few black people that tend to think that way and decide that they want to blame white people for everything. American society as a whole likes to pass the blame for different things off to others so I don't know why you are pigeon holding it to only the black community.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:57 AM   #236 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,385
Default

why dont we all quit pretending our personal experiences dont shape our perspectives and world view on basically everything?? accountability is a big problem in general but even moreso in the black community. in my opinion has to do with 1) poor famiyl structures 2) lack of postiive male role models and 3) laziness

im tired of tryin to tiptoe around everythin and be all worried if somethin is politically correct. thats what i think and thats what a lot of other ppl think in thei world. theres a cycle that everyone is aware of and constantly happens in black communities and im not goin to let anyone blame 'the system' which is really them sayin 'not our fault, blame whites.' its a load of crap. there are disadvantages of being black or poor. lifes not fair, everyones got their problems or issues. lord knows ive had my own but do i sit around blaming other ppl?? NO. im tired of excuses and scapegoats and blah and blah

also, this is what i think of feminists:

Spoiler for nsfw:



its just a constant battle to be more oppressed than the next group and turn postiives into negatives. feminists will always find a way. instead of 'hey that guy is pretty nice, he held the door open for me' it becomes an analysis with a conclusion of 'that guy held the door for me because he thinks im a female and weak, what a sexist pig'.

just like in the article. instead of 'wow, my friends introduced me to another couple with similar interests and we might be able to share some racial problems i cant share with my white friends. thats nice of them to introduce us!' it is instead 'ugh my white friends introduced me to other blakc people. what racists'

feminists want to put others in no-win situations, so no matter what they can claim oppression or sexism or whatever other buzz word that is hip at the time. feminists can blow it out their ass :ar15:

Last edited by butthead aka 216; 09-28-2013 at 05:02 AM.
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:11 AM   #237 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
not easy to ignore? it doesn't have to be ignored. Embrace your privilege and just realize that it exists. There doesn't have to be a negative association to it.


Good idea especially with that borderline racist post of his.
I would say after the post he made after this it's 100% racist. What about black slavery 216? Was it their fault also? Seeing you have opened a can of worms, you might as well admit it all.

Dear lord please save me from this idiocy.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:12 AM   #238 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I would say after the post he made after this it's 100% racist. What about black slavery 216? Was it their fault also? Seeing you have opened a can of worms, you might as well admit it all.

Dear lord please save me from this idiocy.
of course not

many ppl across the world have been enslaved, i dont see how it could be any of their faults


edit: and i dont thinks it racist to say those things. its just how it is and i am gonna call a spade a spade. poor family structure and lack of role models is a huge problem in the black community, im not sure anyone can honestly deny that or think otherwise. laziness is my opinion, yes through my personal experiences. and i will say there are plenty of lazy whites too
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:25 AM   #239 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
im tired of tryin to tiptoe around everythin and be all worried if somethin is politically correct. thats what i think and thats what a lot of other ppl think in thei world. theres a cycle that everyone is aware of and constantly happens in black communities and im not goin to let anyone blame 'the system' which is really them sayin 'not our fault, blame whites.' its a load of crap. there are disadvantages of being black or poor. lifes not fair, everyones got their problems or issues. lord knows ive had my own but do i sit around blaming other ppl?? NO. im tired of excuses and scapegoats and blah and blah
If you are so tired then don't do it. You have internal issues that you need to work through if you are feeling guilty about having to constantly be politically correct all the time. I don't think you understand that you will always be able to get further in life with minimal effort just for being a straight white male but it's fine if you want to ignore that fact and try to turn it around to black people not taking responsibility/ownership in their life.



Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
why dont we all quit pretending our personal experiences dont shape our perspectives and world view on basically everything??
The problem is not pretending like our personal experiences don't shape our perspectives and world view. The problem is thinking that our own personal experiences apply the same way for everything as a blanket statement. You take your own experiences and want to generalize and stereotype every single thing because of it and that's the issue. Not thinking outside of your little box/world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
accountability is a big problem in general but even moreso in the black community. in my opinion has to do with 1) poor famiyl structures 2) lack of postiive male role models and 3) laziness
All of this is just as bad as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton decided to speak up on behalf of the black community with their sweeping generalizations. Every time I hear one of those bastards say something I'm like you don't speak for me. I have my own experiences that are different from what you are saying and what they are saying doesn't apply to every black person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
just like in the article. instead of 'wow, my friends introduced me to another couple with similar interests and we might be able to share some racial problems i cant share with my white friends. thats nice of them to introduce us!' it is instead 'ugh my white friends introduced me to other blakc people. what racists'

feminists want to put others in no-win situations, so no matter what they can claim oppression or sexism or whatever other buzz word that is hip at the time. feminists can blow it out their ass :ar15:
I don't think you fully comprehended that article. You just skimmed it and because it looked like feminist crap to you. You didn't pay attention to anything that was said in the article.

Their white friends introduce them to other black people just because they happen to share the same skin color. They have NO idea if they have similar interests. They are just being racist and assuming well "hey you are black just like that other couple I'm pretty sure you two have similar interests that most black people have."
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:44 AM   #240 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,385
Default

do people of racial backgrounds not tend to somewhat group together?? of course there are interracial groups of friends, i have black friends (now someone can use this against me and say 'lol so blakc friends makes you not racist?? LOL'), and sure there might be an assumption bein made in that example in the article. but why does the author want to forget that it was a couple tryin to be generous and introduce someone to some possibly new friends?? its just stupid. i get what shes sayin but i feel like shes exageraing the negativity and downplaying the positivity


i dont really buy into much of the white privilidge. i hear examples all the time about 'well you've never had an old woman clutch her purse when you walked into the store' and stuff like that. ive never seen anyone scared of a black guy in a suit and tie, or a black guy wearing khakis. whether or not someone wants to consider the type of dress and speaking as 'black culture' or whatever is up to them, but the baggy pants, sideways cap, slang talkin ways of urban blacks is detrimental to blacks. and instead of stoppin the behavior, there's too much whinign when they know exactly what reaction that behavior will cause

a personal example - i grew up in a rather small town, majority white, rurally. i get to college and see a black girl from my town at a party. shes talkin and acted like shes from inner city brooklyn. the expectation from blacks that other black people should 'act black' is one of the worst things going against black ppl.

and i dont deny that there are racial aspects that blacks, latinos, etc have experienced that i have not considering my race. my point is that instead of throwin a pity party and feelin like a victim, say 'fukc it' and strive for greatness. ppl wanna paint some alternate reality world where white males have everythin handed to them. i grew up in a white county that is dirt poor with no jobs and those ppl dont even have the resources that city folk have available. in the same way ive been accused of bein out of touch with blacks, i know they are out of touch wth where im comin from. ive experienced plenty of hardships and i dont blame other people.

plus ive told you already, i take offense to minorities blaming whites for things because ive worked in human services for years. there are countless white ppl tryin to help minorities and even aside from race, needy ppl in general, and its hard to sit back and hear others basically blame straight white males for their problems and issues when i see the work those ppl do, and my question is what work are YOU doin to get out of your situation?? most of the time its less than the ppl they are criticizing. im tired of this entitlement crap.

im not sure if you are disagreeing with what i said judging by the al sharpton reference. im sorry, but lack of positive male role models and poor family structure is a huge problem for blacks. it just is.
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.