Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #281 (permalink)
David Hasselhoff
 
Paul Smeenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in Portland, OR
Posts: 3,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
stumbled across a video that 216 made.

At exactly 1:03 I would have bought plane tickets (if I knew where he lived) to track him down and beat him senseless and bloody with my own hands.

Fucking idiot. I didn't listen to a syllable after that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Basically you're David Hasselhoff.
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #282 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
amazing point about the beginning about job choices. women go into childcare and cupcake jobs because men are expected to be bread winners (and usually are).
Not sure it's got anything to do with being breadwinners, I think people just go into jobs they like or have an interest in tbh. There's nothing stopping a man doing hair & beauty or a woman joining the armed forces.
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #283 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
writing this while watching it


amazing point about the beginning about job choices. women go into childcare and cupcake jobs because men are expected to be bread winners (and usually are). then complain about a wage gap lol. news flash for women: harder and riskier jobs pay better. dont take cupcake jobs then whine. it makes sense to me why women make less than men: they take lazier jobs (camwhores, prostitutes, daycare, stay-at-home, etc). time for ppl to be honest about it
Lawl. Providing daycare is not a lazy job. My mom has been running one out of the house for 22 years and she chases after 5 screaming hyperactive toddlers all day. She gets to make however much money she wants too. Being a stay at home mom is not lazy either, and in fact more men are doing it now too.

Lazy is when you have no job, no ambition to actually look for one, and you just sponge off people and live at home watching TV and playing video games all day.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #284 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,385
Default

i disagree. women take cupcake jobs by comparison and watching kids falls under that umbrella for me. babysitting is not rocket science lol. women dont typically work manual labor jobs like men do either, so men should get paid more. they do harder, tougher jobs generally.
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #285 (permalink)
Former Vulpix
 
Ninetales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: livin wild
Posts: 2,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i disagree. women take cupcake jobs by comparison and watching kids falls under that umbrella for me. babysitting is not rocket science lol. women dont typically work manual labor jobs like men do either, so men should get paid more. they do harder, tougher jobs generally.
Childcare and working on oil rigs (for example) take two completely different skill sets. Just because there is a pay difference doesnt mean one is "lazier" than another.
Ninetales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #286 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetales View Post
Childcare and working on oil rigs (for example) take two completely different skill sets. Just because there is a pay difference doesnt mean one is "lazier" than another.
one is certainly harder than the other. men have skill sets to do jobs that most women cant. men do more dangerous jobs than women.
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #287 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i disagree. women take cupcake jobs by comparison and watching kids falls under that umbrella for me. babysitting is not rocket science lol. women dont typically work manual labor jobs like men do either, so men should get paid more. they do harder, tougher jobs generally.
It's more than babysitting tbh, when you are watching them for 10 hours Monday -Friday. You provide a service, you should get paid for it. I provide a service to people by offering music lessons out of my house. That's hardly lazy either considering I spend an insane amount of unpaid time drawing up lesson plans.

FYI, most people work in the service industry now. Female AND male. Manufacturing is being outsourced to countries where production is cheaper (China, anyone?) and manual labour is on the decline because people in general are getting lazier and all they want is to sit in a fancy corner office and earn six figure salaries. I include the agricultural industry as manual labour.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #288 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
one is certainly harder than the other. men have skill sets to do jobs that most women cant. men do more dangerous jobs than women.
That doesn't mean that the jobs women take on are "lazier".
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #289 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,385
Default

i think it allows for women to be lazier because its more acceptbale in society for a woman to be a stay at home mom or babysit. sure theres men who do it, but its a lot more women. thats what the guy in the video is sayin, that women should just admit they want a cupcake job and want summers off while teachin basic math
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #290 (permalink)
Former Vulpix
 
Ninetales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: livin wild
Posts: 2,127
Default

If you didnt like kids, being a kindergarten teacher would be very difficult.
Ninetales is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.