Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2015, 07:31 PM   #91 (permalink)
Music Guru
 
John Wilkes Booth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurtio View Post
I disagree. That's just what life does, obeying the laws of physics. Meaning doesn't factor into it. Even the word "functional" has a lot of trace of humans forcing their concept of meaning onto events they observe.
mean·ing
ˈmēniNG/Submit
noun
1.
what is meant by a word, text, concept, or action.

life
līf/Submit
noun
1.
the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.

therefore, i win
__________________
Sic semper tyrannis
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:43 PM   #92 (permalink)
Brain Licker
 
Xurtio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,082
Default

Equivocation and appeal to authority are only apparent wins! I've not seen that definition in any of my dictionaries so far.
__________________
H̓̇̅̉yͤ͏mͬ͂ͧn͑̽̽̌ͪ̑͐͟o̴͊̈́͑̇m͛͌̓ͦ̑aͫ̽ͤ̇n̅̎͐̒ͫ͐c̆ͯͫ̋ ̔̃́eͯ͒rͬͬ̄҉
Xurtio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:06 PM   #93 (permalink)
Crusher of tiny Nords
 
Carpe Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ugly Bag of Mostly Water
Posts: 1,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurtio View Post
Or, put another way, life has no objective meaning, only subjective meaning. Meaning is a human cognitive thing, not something that exists externally of human thought.
Agreed entirely.

You're a good dude, man. This where you been hiding the last few months?
__________________
[SIG][/SIG]
Mirth is King


Be Loving & Open With
My Emotions
Carpe Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:25 PM   #94 (permalink)
Music Guru
 
John Wilkes Booth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurtio View Post
Equivocation and appeal to authority are only apparent wins! I've not seen that definition in any of my dictionaries so far.
dictionaries are so 20th century

i just use google
__________________
Sic semper tyrannis
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:34 PM   #95 (permalink)
Brain Licker
 
Xurtio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Mortem View Post
Agreed entirely.

You're a good dude, man. This where you been hiding the last few months?
Haha, thanks man. Yeap, I think this is my e-home.
__________________
H̓̇̅̉yͤ͏mͬ͂ͧn͑̽̽̌ͪ̑͐͟o̴͊̈́͑̇m͛͌̓ͦ̑aͫ̽ͤ̇n̅̎͐̒ͫ͐c̆ͯͫ̋ ̔̃́eͯ͒rͬͬ̄҉
Xurtio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 06:12 PM   #96 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1
Lightbulb My personal logical view of reincarnation

There are many reasons why reincarnation is actual logical, while not cotntradicting any of the facts we have established already. Here is mine:

If evolution is true (which it is), then all of us come from one-celled organisms. This means that the consciousness of biological life started in one single point, and has evolved and reproduced. This means that every single person and animal is connected through one thing: We all came from one point, and we are all just a tiny part of the conciouness of life itself. The collective consciousness. Now the collective consciousness took me a long time to understand, so it is also impossible to explain. All you need to understand about it is that we are all not as individual as many might think. We are all the same human consciousness, filtered through 7.3 billion different physical bodies. So you are just another random human.

Each and every one of us has spawned into existance. Our individual consciousness seemed to have spawned into existance with our body. And we all feel like we did not exist before (well, most of us). So first you did not exist, and at birth, your consciousness spawned into existance in a random physical body. This means that somehow we have all escaped the 'non-existance' we were in before birth, and that's all we know. So then, assuming you are an Atheist, you believe that after death our individual consciousness seizes to exist. If that's true, that means you will be in the same place as before you were born: Non-existance (Or what i believe to be collective consciousness). The most logical thing that can happen after death, and going back to the same non-existance you spawned from in the first place, is for the process to repeat itself. You are born (spawned into existance), you die (go back to non-existance), you are born, you die. Since we are all a part of the consciousness of life itself, and there is no such thing as an experience of 'nothing', it is alot more logical than making up a theory about how you stay non-existant forever. Because how could you have been born, if consciousness stays in non-existance forever? How did our individual consciousness escape non-existance at birth? The same way, after death, you will just be another random dead human. And available to spawn in a new randomly born baby. And by the way, i do not believe in reincarnation because i WANT to, it is actually quite a horrifying thought being stuck in a glitch of infinitely respawning as consciousness inside a chaotic physical universe full of suffering. I simply believe in it because i have perceived the rationality behind it myself. And even though i always used to believe that there is 'nothing' after death, like most Atheists, that idea seems utterly irrational and dumb to me after realizing the truth behind reincarnation. I mean, i never even came up with a logical theory of what that could be like, and what the reason is for the belief that there is literally 'nothing' after death, especially since we do not know such a thing as 'nothing'. You can perceive this logic behind reincarnation if you are openminded enough before just researching it yourself on the internet. You will find infinite evidence for it.

That brings me to my last part, the physical evidence for reincarnation. There are literally thousands of cases of children who remember their past life or lives. It is less common in adults, because the memories tend to fade. Dr. Ian Stevenson is the most famous scientist who studied cases of past life memories. Many of these cases have actually been confirmed, as in: A scientist or group of scientists go with the subject and his family in the search for the kid's past life. The kid tells them where to go, and they quickly discover that he is telling the truth. Some kids have even solved the murder case of their past life (seriously *_*) Just look so,e cases up on YouTube. Mainstream science will say something along the lines of "thats just a story of a story, the kid could have fabricated the story, the parents could have pushed th kid to say it for publicity ect." But if you take one minute of your time to actually look it up you will see that many of these cases are in poor eastern communities, where reincarnation is already accepted as a fact! Those people don't give a **** about publicity and they did not even look like they wanted to be interviewed. A kid met the kids of his past life, which were older than him! He reincarnated and met his own children who were older than him xD there is even a case of a grandfather who died before his daughter became pregnant and he actually became his own grandpa LOL xD reincarnation isn't a joke, it's serious. I can joke about it, but there is so incredibly much evidence for it, i feel the need to spread this knowledge, because it is truely life changing. If you are stuck in an infinite glitch, you may aswell chill out, sit back and enjoy the ride !
BlissfulState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 06:36 PM   #97 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 38,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfulState View Post
There are many reasons why reincarnation is actual logical, while not cotntradicting any of the facts we have established already. Here is mine:

If evolution is true (which it is), then all of us come from one-celled organisms. This means that the consciousness of biological life started in one single point, and has evolved and reproduced.
Bam. Logical fallacy right in the second sentence. If you're going to claim that consciousness started in one-celled organisms, then you're going to have to define consciousness, and then give evidence that it existed in one-celled organisms. Until then, the rest of your argument rests on an unproven assertion and is therefore TL;DR.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
Doug McClasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 06:41 PM   #98 (permalink)
Brain Licker
 
Xurtio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,082
Default

Yeah, I'm with Batlord. I study consciousness regularly and I can tell you that there are plenty of emergence based theories (that consciousness emerged through many generations of evolution, just like limbs and lungs and brains).
__________________
H̓̇̅̉yͤ͏mͬ͂ͧn͑̽̽̌ͪ̑͐͟o̴͊̈́͑̇m͛͌̓ͦ̑aͫ̽ͤ̇n̅̎͐̒ͫ͐c̆ͯͫ̋ ̔̃́eͯ͒rͬͬ̄҉
Xurtio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 06:42 PM   #99 (permalink)
Shoo Thoughts
 
Mr. Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: These Mountains
Posts: 2,293
Default

Does the universe run according to human logic?
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 06:45 PM   #100 (permalink)
Brain Licker
 
Xurtio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Does the universe run according to human logic?
No.
__________________
H̓̇̅̉yͤ͏mͬ͂ͧn͑̽̽̌ͪ̑͐͟o̴͊̈́͑̇m͛͌̓ͦ̑aͫ̽ͤ̇n̅̎͐̒ͫ͐c̆ͯͫ̋ ̔̃́eͯ͒rͬͬ̄҉
Xurtio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.