Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Justifiable Idiocracy
 
Bloozcrooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,227
Default Another School Shooting...Really?

Breaking: 2 reportedly shot at Taft Union High School in Kern County - latimes.com

What the hell is happening? Could this be bogus, there are several reports of it already so I dont think it is.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
Fuck you, bloozin! Your stupid thread too!
<DoctorSoft>: You know life is good when you take Viagra to jack off lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
- Hendrix didn't even play the blues that well -

Amongst Mb's Most
Hated
(Smiley Face)
Bloozcrooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,050
Default

School shootings have actually been pretty common in the US (and other countries) since at least the 1970s. Well over a hundred in US history. There were only 8 in 2012 and in 2011, down from 11 in both 2009 and 2010.
__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Paedantic Basterd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 5,126
Default

I don't think they are that common, at least not in equivalent high-income nations.
__________________
Paedantic Basterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Horribly Creative
 
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, The Big Smoke
Posts: 8,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I don't think they are that common, at least not in equivalent high-income nations.
They're more common than you think in Europe, it seems the richest countries in Europe have had their fair share of shootings with Germany the Netherlands leading the list.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Paedantic Basterd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 5,126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
They're more common than you think in Europe, it seems the richest countries in Europe have had their fair share of shootings with Germany the Netherlands leading the list.
For my own future reference, could I have a link to the list please?
__________________
Paedantic Basterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Horribly Creative
 
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, The Big Smoke
Posts: 8,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
For my own future reference, could I have a link to the list please?
Here.
School shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...-last-12-years
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.