Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #171 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I never wrote that I think it's alright to assault anyone, but thanks for the display of obvious trolling.

Even if working against her case was not your intention, contributing to ruining this nice gesture and effort is basically what you've accomplished.
How come calling out your bull**** is always called trolling? That's funny.

What do you want, tore? Do you want a pat on the back for meeting the basic fucking standards of a human being?! Oh look at you, how progressive and compassionate you are!

Sorry, nope, I dont give a fuck about your hurt feelings when you are one person and your racism affects lots of people.
Sansa Stark is offline  
Old 08-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #172 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Uhm, HHBH is basically saying that because there are real biological differences between the sexes, we should not criticize their "gender inequality", f.ex their horrendously unjust-to-women rape laws.

Sansa or Hermione or whatever you wanna be called these days, there's a reason your posts here annoy me more than they normally would. Here, I've made a thread in support of Marte who was raped and subsequently jailed in Dubais. She has since been released, no doubt in part due to the shitstorm that was created online. This thread added to that shitstorm by being critical and encouraging the people here to do something to show support. Most of those who responded here have done something to help Marte out of the predicament she found herself in and should be proud of that.

But what is your contribution to this? You've only tried to work against Marte's cause by arguing that we have no right to criticize their right to further victimize rape victims. You've derailed and sabotaged the discussion and support here by accusing people of being racist, a claim which only has basis in your vast ignorance as you don't know the real meaning of the word. You've taken what could've been a pure effort, a community doing theirs to help out someone in need, and shit all over it with your abrasive manners and half-assed, bored, ignorant logic and trolling. Every post you've made in here is somehow offensive and as such, it really helps corrupt the whole effort. I mentioned earlier that I thought about sending Marte the link to this thread as I thought it would lend her some moral support, but then you and HHBH happened to it. I doubt she'd enjoy reading your defense of the people who jailed her and your arguments about why we should just keep our mouths shut and not give a crap. Good going, hope you're proud of that.

So congratulations on taking something good and staining it with your bad personality. Since this discussion is already corrupted to the point of no real recovery, I guess you can feel free to continue to argue what hypocrites we are when we discuss how rape victims shouldn't be jailed for the crimes against them. You can do your gender identity schtick. If this was my forum with my rules, I would say either start making sense or get the fuck out of my thread.

But I can't stop you from being an idiot all over this, so again, congratulations to you.


Well said Tore. I got accused of being racist as well which is ridiculous.
Celladorina is offline  
Old 08-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #173 (permalink)
Juicious Maximus III
 
tore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scabb Island
Posts: 5,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
Sorry, nope, I dont give a fuck about your hurt feelings when you are one person and your racism affects lots of people.
I never wrote you should care about me or my hurt feelings. Didn't you read my post? I think you should give a fuck about being a decent human being and not take a dump on people's efforts to help out others in need. I think you should give a fuck about being ignorant, trolly and constantly abrasive. How you're not permbanned yet for your trolling and frequent attacks on other members here is a mystery to me.

In this thread, you've manage to claim that I argue that it's okay to assault people and that I am a racist. Here's a challenge then; quote to me the bit where I write that I think assault is okay and the bit(s) where I am being racist.
__________________
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
tore is offline  
Old 08-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #174 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I never wrote you should care about me or my hurt feelings. Didn't you read my post? I think you should give a fuck about being a decent human being and not take a dump on people's efforts to help out others in need. I think you should give a fuck about being ignorant, trolly and constantly abrasive. How you're not permbanned yet for your trolling and frequent attacks on other members here is a mystery to me.

In this thread, you've manage to claim that I argue that it's okay to assault people and that I am a racist. Here's a challenge then;quote to me the bit where I write that I think assault is okay and the bit(s) where I am being racist.

Lol how are you helping her by making a thread on the internet? You are taking this way too seriously and if you can't take criticism I suggest you unplug your internet. Also, attacks? I called you racist, you write a detailed personality analysis.

Yeah, bye.
Sansa Stark is offline  
Old 08-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #175 (permalink)
Juicious Maximus III
 
tore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scabb Island
Posts: 5,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
how are you helping her by making a thread on the internet?
I posted suggestions to things members could do like writing emails or signing an online petition. But also, I think that Musicbanter having such a high google ranking, I think that makes it likely that Marte herself will check in on this thread. It might show up if she googles her own case. As I wrote earlier, I also dabbled with the idea of sending her a link as I once thought it could lend her some moral support.

Thanks again to all who contributed to this thread in a positive way Could we lock this up thread up now?
__________________
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
tore is offline  
Old 08-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #176 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I posted suggestions to things members could do like writing emails or signing an online petition. But also, I think that Musicbanter having such a high google ranking, I think that makes it likely that Marte herself will check in on this thread. It might show up if she googles her own case. As I wrote earlier, I also dabbled with the idea of sending her a link as I once thought it could lend her some moral support.

Thanks again to all who contributed to this thread in a positive way Could we lock this up thread up now?
Sure thing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is online now  
Old 08-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #177 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I posted suggestions to things members could do like writing emails or signing an online petition. But also, I think that Musicbanter having such a high google ranking, I think that makes it likely that Marte herself will check in on this thread. It might show up if she googles her own case. As I wrote earlier, I also dabbled with the idea of sending her a link as I once thought it could lend her some moral support.

Thanks again to all who contributed to this thread in a positive way Could we lock this up thread up now?
Of course! Let me know if you want it reopened at a later date.
Celladorina is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.