Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2015, 07:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default cops vs black people round 3; poolpartygate




John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,971
Default

**** if I know what was going on there, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit there and watch all that ****, but the fact that the cop's fellow officer ran up and put his hand on the dude's shoulder, like he was trying to calm him down, says a lot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

i love the contrast in tone between the fox news vids and msnbc vids

but there are a few interesting themes at play here

one is the ominous undertones of an approaching police state (cue alex jones darth vader music)

and the other is that at this point it seems safe to conclude there is an overt effort on behalf of certain liberal media outlets to scan for and bolster up any example they can find of cops vs black people
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
and the other is that at this point it seems safe to conclude there is an overt effort on behalf of certain liberal media outlets to scan for and bolster up any example they can find of cops vs black people
Also, that Sean Hannity is a ****.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Also, that Sean Hannity is a ****.
It's weird how the forum censors legend, isn't it?
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
fiddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i love the contrast in tone between the fox news vids and msnbc vids

but there are a few interesting themes at play here

one is the ominous undertones of an approaching police state (cue alex jones darth vader music)

and the other is that at this point it seems safe to conclude there is an overt effort on behalf of certain liberal media outlets to scan for and bolster up any example they can find of cops vs black people
Oh really? The media manipulating the public view point? Simply unheard of.

Dude understand something: that's what the media is designed to do. Propaganda is a powerful tool that can make or break anything. Perfect example: the weather man tells you it's sure to rain, bring an umbrella. So you bring one and it's sunny. Granted simple example but you were still manipulated into bringing an umbrella.

As far as the video goes, this officer was way out of line, but not only that so was the guy who reported it. The kids were just having fun. At least they weren't shooting up drugs or selling dope or knocking over a liquor store.

Not only that as a true blue and damn proud Texan and a police officer I take personal offense to this dumbass cop. It makes my soul hurt to see the racism first hand from people from my home state. Texans are supposed to be dreamers, doers, and skyscrapers. And then we have far too many bigots that can't get past someone's skin color or who they f*ck. damn shameful.
__________________
Every being is intelligent. But if you measure a fish's intelligence on it's ability to climb a tree, it will live forever thinking it's stupid.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
Oh really? The media manipulating the public view point? Simply unheard of.

Dude understand something: that's what the media is designed to do. Propaganda is a powerful tool that can make or break anything. Perfect example: the weather man tells you it's sure to rain, bring an umbrella. So you bring one and it's sunny. Granted simple example but you were still manipulated into bringing an umbrella.
no ****... you don't need to tell me the importance of propaganda. i take my lessons from professor goebbels
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
As far as the video goes, this officer was way out of line, but not only that so was the guy who reported it. The kids were just having fun. At least they weren't shooting up drugs or selling dope or knocking over a liquor store.
This is why I'm leery of weighing in on things like this. I'm not a cop, I don't know the regs, I don't know what it's like to go into any kind of situation a cop might have to go into, and so it's arrogant of me to assume that I know anything about anything.

On the one hand, the dude definitely looked out of control compared to his fellow officers, but without them to compare him against, it would be hard to know how justified his reaction was. For all I know, those kids could have been threatening him, or all but attacking him before the camera came out.

I'd like to think that the kind of training an officer receives would make him mentally prepared to deal with something as seemingly innocuous as a pool party in what seemed like a gated community, but if it were me, and I was surrounded by what looked like hostile teenagers (when it comes to physical confrontations, teenagers ≠ children), I can't honestly say that my fear response wouldn't lead me to react inappropriately by the standards of police regulations, and cops aren't infallible supermen either. Especially since it looked like the other police didn't show up until at least some time later, leaving him the lone officer dealing with the situation at first.

Slamming a young girl against the ground definitely looks unnecessary on its face, but the video pretty much starts with that, so for all I know she might have just struck him, or thrown something at him, and with the atmosphere in his direct proximity, ending that specific "problem" may have seemed the more pressing concern than showing more restraint. That's hypothetical of course, but I'm just pointing out that the video clearly doesn't tell the whole story.

I'll defer to 5-0 (i.e. fiddler) when it comes to when it is acceptable to pull your weapon, but the way the two guys antagonizing the officer were carrying on, he could clearly be justified in considering it provocative to some extent, and without the context of the entire incident, it's impossible (at least for me as a civvy) to know if the level of antagonism between the two parties had reached a point where pulling a weapon of some sort would fall under regulations.

Doesn't look like it to me, but I'm ignorant of both specific police regulations and the context of the entire incident, so I'm not willing to come down on either side ATM. Either way though, the officer definitely appeared to have been handling the situation poorly. In that sense, it seems comparable to Ferguson, since, no matter how poorly the subject in question may have handled the situation, that doesn't mean that he then has no right to defend himself, like he should be punished with possible death just for being an idiot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

itt batlord is scared of black teenagers
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
itt batlord is scared of black teenagers
I'm white. Of course I am.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.