Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: can he do it?
yes 23 52.27%
yea 21 47.73%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2016, 10:01 PM   #1201 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 11,498
Default

The GOP has no monopoly on greed. The Democrats are equally guilty.

I wouldn't even vote if Trump wasn't a Hitler.
OccultHawk is online now  
Old 05-10-2016, 10:01 PM   #1202 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 11,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Greed knows no political affiliation, Chula, that's just dumb.
Yep.
OccultHawk is online now  
Old 05-10-2016, 10:08 PM   #1203 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

I didn't say they monopolize it. But you ever wonder why it's the GOP who always votes to relax environmental safety issues, relax OSHA standards, push for fracking, pushed so hard for the Alaskan pipeline, fight against increases in minimum wage, fought so hard against mandatory health care for workers, etc. etc. etc.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 05-10-2016, 10:12 PM   #1204 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
I didn't say they monopolize it. But you ever wonder why it's the GOP who always votes to relax environmental safety issues, relax OSHA standards, push for fracking, pushed so hard for the Alaskan pipeline, fight against increases in minimum wage, fought so hard against mandatory health care for workers, etc. etc. etc.
Still doesn't mean that Democrats aren't just as greedy.
Frownland is offline  
Old 05-10-2016, 10:22 PM   #1205 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Still doesn't mean that Democrats aren't just as greedy.
My boss is rich and he votes Dem because of his values when voting GOP would probably make him more money.

Which is the party that votes against oil industry regulations? Automobile safety regulations? Gun safety regulations? Pollution regulations? Employer assisted birth control programs?

I'm reminded of the Papa Johns dude. He's worth $600 million yet stated he was going to cut back workers hours so he wouldn't fall under the Obamacare guideline for mandatory health for his employees. And ya, he held a huge fundraiser for Romney.

Papa John's CEO: 'In a Bunch of Trouble' for Obamacare Job Cuts | DiversityInc
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 05-10-2016, 10:25 PM   #1206 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 11,498
Default

Yep

Why do the dems fight for common core?

Why did LBJ go bonkers in Vietnam?

Carter was a good dude.

Why did Bill push for the most brutal welfare reform in modern history?

Why has Obama bent over backwards to bail out the banks and auto industry?
OccultHawk is online now  
Old 05-10-2016, 10:52 PM   #1207 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Yep

Why do the dems fight for common core?

Why did LBJ go bonkers in Vietnam?

Carter was a good dude.

Why did Bill push for the most brutal welfare reform in modern history?

Why has Obama bent over backwards to bail out the banks and auto industry?
What's wrong with common core? It is meant to insure kids are getting a proper education - better preparing them for the workforce.

LBJ was a large man from Texas with a ridiculous ego. He really was GOP at his core.

Carter was in over his head. He did an incredible job with foreign affairs though and is amazingly respected for that to this day.

Clinton signed PRWOK into law to try and fix an incredibly broken and abused welfare system. I actually supported that at the time. Still needs to be done. We need welfare but we have to stop the massive abuses that makes it cost way more than it should for US taxpayers.

Obama consulted with all of the top economists at the time who all basically advised him that if the banks and auto industry failed it would push the US back to the dark ages once the smoke cleared.

And really, I'm not talking about politicians, I'm talking about voters and who they place their vote with.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 05-10-2016, 10:55 PM   #1208 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,746
Default

^"I'm not talking about politicians"

*cites several examples involving politicians to prove his point*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
My boss is rich and he votes Dem because of his values when voting GOP would probably make him more money.

Which is the party that votes against oil industry regulations? Automobile safety regulations? Gun safety regulations? Pollution regulations? Employer assisted birth control programs?

I'm reminded of the Papa Johns dude. He's worth $600 million yet stated he was going to cut back workers hours so he wouldn't fall under the Obamacare guideline for mandatory health for his employees. And ya, he held a huge fundraiser for Romney.

Papa John's CEO: 'In a Bunch of Trouble' for Obamacare Job Cuts | DiversityInc
Anecdotal evidence is the lowest form of persuasion. If you can't accept that rich Democrats can easily be as greedy as Republicans, then trying to persuade you otherwise is impossible since you're clearly blinded by your own political affiliation.
Frownland is offline  
Old 05-11-2016, 12:20 AM   #1209 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
^"I'm not talking about politicians"

*cites several examples involving politicians to prove his point*

Anecdotal evidence is the lowest form of persuasion. If you can't accept that rich Democrats can easily be as greedy as Republicans, then trying to persuade you otherwise is impossible since you're clearly blinded by your own political affiliation.
Please.

I'm citing politicos to answer Occult's talking points. And of course the uber rich want to stay uber rich. How about you address some of the baseline points I've been making about the differences between the platforms of the Pubs and Dems as to how it relates more to the huge percentage of middle class?

The GOP always wants to support big business. And to shut down anything that stands in the way. The whole trickle down economics still lurks in the shadows. We all know TDE doesn't work as it was originally proposed because of greed.

It haunts us to this day. Explain the Koch Brothers. Insanely rich but instead of philanthropy, they spend their money on supporting politicos that will further the agenda of the 80's Reagan years.

Insane.

Gordon Gecko nails it. Greed is good. Greed is right.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 05-11-2016, 12:31 AM   #1210 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,746
Default

I found a picture of you as a kid.


Greed is human nature, simple as that. Yes there are examples of Republicans being greedy because they're humans as well! Thing is though, there's just as many examples of Democrats being greedy, especially outside of the political sphere. Your argument is basically "humans can't produce milk, cows produce milk, numnuts!" Pretty simple when your head is outside of your own ass.
Frownland is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.