Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: can he do it?
yes 23 52.27%
yea 21 47.73%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2015, 08:23 PM   #251 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i think gangster is a pretty appropriate term... ok he's a war hero. that means you can't criticize him about other ****? it's one of those meaningless platitudes the media uses
Gangster is just you trying to be your typical Music Banter self.

God you are tap dancing around your golden boy's major **** up.

Trump criticized him specifically about being a war hero.



And once again you use your fallback defense - the media.

Chula Vista is offline  
Old 07-18-2015, 08:27 PM   #252 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurtio View Post
This is a great thread for Bernie Sanders promotion. Sanders doesn't have the flamboyant image that Trump has, so Sanders needs a Trump thread to ride on the backs of. Then when everyone is done watching the Trump Reality Show , Sanders will be left in their hearts and minds, because he's a man of the people. And he well be another genuine guy like Trump, only a sane one.

Then he will be completely powerless once he gets into office because he's not Machiavellian enough.
what i think he would need basically is a propaganda wing to combat the right wing detractors that will start on him as soon as he gets in

one that is much more effective than msnbc/the current leftist media
John Wilkes Booth is offline  
Old 07-18-2015, 08:37 PM   #253 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Gangster is just you trying to be your typical Music Banter self.

God you are tap dancing around your golden boy's major **** up.

Trump criticized him specifically about being a war hero.



And once again you use your fallback defense - the media.

i didn't defend the statements and i said he ****ed up.. what are you going on about? cause i said gangster? it is gangster to say something like "he was captured, i like the ones that weren't captured."

that's pretty standard gangster philosophy

as for the media... i was just saying it seemed like initially he didn't go out and target mccain for being a war hero... they kept pressing him on the fact that he called him a dummy with "but he's a war hero" **** like that means anything. that's not me standing up for his statement.

it's not even me condemning the media

it's me calling a spade a spade.. it was a smart/standard media tactic, a lot of which haven't been working on trump lately, and in this one it seems it did and he fell in the trap
John Wilkes Booth is offline  
Old 07-18-2015, 09:17 PM   #254 (permalink)
Brain Licker
 
Xurtio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,082
Default

War hero is actually quite an interesting quality for a president. One could reason that it's good to have a President that knows the stakes are high and war is ugly, but most people probably just see it as a sign of strength, like some kind of primitive leadership system is still embedded in society.
__________________
H̓̇̅̉yͤ͏mͬ͂ͧn͑̽̽̌ͪ̑͐͟o̴͊̈́͑̇m͛͌̓ͦ̑aͫ̽ͤ̇n̅̎͐̒ͫ͐c̆ͯͫ̋ ̔̃́eͯ͒rͬͬ̄҉
Xurtio is offline  
Old 07-18-2015, 10:06 PM   #255 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurtio View Post
War hero is actually quite an interesting quality for a president. One could reason that it's good to have a President that knows the stakes are high and war is ugly, but most people probably just see it as a sign of strength, like some kind of primitive leadership system is still embedded in society.
yea i mean i'm not saying there's no merit at all to the idea if a war hero president, but that shouldn't be some sort of invisible shield that protects you from criticism when you say something dumb.
John Wilkes Booth is offline  
Old 07-18-2015, 10:23 PM   #256 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default



edit -

currently watching this.... full speech where the mccain incident happened


Last edited by John Wilkes Booth; 07-18-2015 at 10:43 PM.
John Wilkes Booth is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 02:32 PM   #257 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

His biggest problem (well he's got a bunch of them), is that he'll never admit he did anything wrong. Braggadocio at its finest.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/trump...495589501.html

Him running has been blast so far. Can't wait for what's to follow. Bring it on Donny!
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 06:32 PM   #258 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
William_the_Bloody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sunnydale Cemetary
Posts: 2,093
Default

I think Trump was merely stating that McCain is not a war hero in his view because he was captured (POW), at any right it was a stupid comment, and even if he wins the Republican nomination for 2016, his chances of beating Hillary are probably zilch.

He's completely lost the Hispanic vote with his inflammatory comments, and since African Americans haven't voted Republican since Nixon implemented the southern strategy, he would have to get a huge chunk of the white vote, but the problem with that, is Hillary currently has the women's vote locked up.

I was a big fan of Trump because of his economic policies, but he should have never have made immigration the vocal point of his campaign. It may get him the Republican nomination, but it will cause him to lose the election.
William_the_Bloody is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 10:14 PM   #259 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,004
Default

Im black^. I vote republican.(When I vote.) Look whose inflamatory now..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 10:16 PM   #260 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

i dunno i think if he makes it so far as to become the republican candidate, he at the very least would have a shot at beating hillary...

also hillary has the women on the left, maybe

i seem to meet plenty of women who feel the same way trump does about immigrants here in the south lol. his opinions are hardly even controversial in large percentages of the country. the reason it's causing such a stir is chosing such an angle is pretty risky... most politicians like to play it safe

trump is playing high stakes and high risk

so it could work or it could go bust

Last edited by John Wilkes Booth; 07-19-2015 at 10:22 PM.
John Wilkes Booth is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.