Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: can he do it?
yes 23 52.27%
yea 21 47.73%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2016, 02:42 PM   #3061 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

If Trump could have absolved himself of the charges by testifying that it was done by an underling without his knowledge why didn't he? Instead he fought the case for over two years and then agreed to the governments first settlement offer. He didn't even try to negotiate for a lower offer.

Stop being a Trump apologist.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 02:44 PM   #3062 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
This tells me everything I need to know. This debate is over.
If you can't understand nuance or take an insult and look at the argument behind it then you should leave the debates to the adults.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 02:45 PM   #3063 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Terrapin_Station's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: NYC Man
Posts: 791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
If Trump could have absolved himself of the charges by testifying that it was done by an underling without his knowledge why didn't he? Instead he fought the case for over two years and then agreed to the governments first settlement offer. He didn't even try to negotiate for a lower offer.

Stop being a Trump apologist.
Are you saying that we know that Trump himself decided who to rent apartments to? I'd look at any evidence of that if you could point to it.
Terrapin_Station is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 02:47 PM   #3064 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,594
Default

What am I? Chopped liver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin_Station View Post
If only Trump had said something resembling "She can't do her job simply becuse she's Mexican." (And with an implication that NO Mexican could do the job simply because they're Mexican, whereas members of at least some other races could . . . . . also as if "Mexican" were a race, by the way, though we can pretend that everything is a "race" as the people who constantly cry "racism" do.)

Anyway, so you seem to be with the morons insofar as this sort of thing goes, Ki.
He might have just been saying that a Mexican judge will be biased by national loyalty and not racism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Trump engaged in housing discrimination against people based on race. I'd say that alone makes him racist.
Or he's just being a prick and keeping out minorities to keep his racist white tenants happy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 02:47 PM   #3065 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
If you can't understand nuance or take an insult and look at the argument behind it then you should leave the debates to the adults.
So insulting each other during a debate is considered adult behavior? Good to know. I'll remember that.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 02:49 PM   #3066 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
So insulting each other during a debate is considered adult behavior? Good to know. I'll remember that.
Being able to take an insult and not let it get to you is definitely adult, and making them is just satisfying when it doesn't affect your argument.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 02:50 PM   #3067 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin_Station View Post
Are you saying that we know that Trump himself decided who to rent apartments to? I'd look at any evidence of that if you could point to it.
Who's the boss of Trump Management?

Quote:
Back in 1973, Trump was president of his fatherís realty company, Trump Management, which operated nearly 40 apartment buildings comprised of about 14,000 residences total, mostly in New York City.

In October of that year, the federal government filed a complaint against Trump, his father Fred Trump, and Trump Management. The complaint alleged that the Trumps violated the Fair Housing Act, part of the Civil Rights Act of 1968, by discriminating against tenants and potential tenants based on their race.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 02:58 PM   #3068 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Terrapin_Station's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: NYC Man
Posts: 791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Who's the boss of Trump Management?
What does "Trump himself" mean?
Terrapin_Station is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 03:03 PM   #3069 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin_Station View Post
I would say that if there were good evidence that Trump himself did this.
How about the fact that the Justice Department brought a housing discrimination suit against him and Trump eventually settled?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is online now  
Old 09-30-2016, 03:04 PM   #3070 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
How about the fact that the Justice Department brought a housing discrimination suit against him and Trump eventually settled?
Trust me. I laid this out for him but he doesn't want to believe it.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.