Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: can he do it?
yes 23 52.27%
yea 21 47.73%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2016, 03:38 PM   #3081 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
Company policies are not always made by the person in charge of the company.
And?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 03:41 PM   #3082 (permalink)
Resistance is futile
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
And?
It doesn't mean that Trump put any policy in place. It doesn't even mean he knows anything about it. Especially in a company as large as Trump's there are hundreds of company decisions being made he knows nothing about.
__________________
Minoru Suzuki will kill you!
Blank. is online now  
Old 09-30-2016, 03:43 PM   #3083 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Terrapin_Station's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: NYC Man
Posts: 791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
It was the policy of his company.
Do we have evidence that it was the official policy of his company, though, and that it was issued by Trump, or that he clearly knew about it while it was going on as official policy?
Quote:
If the person at the top, whose name is the name of the company, isn't responsible for the company's actions, who is?
Sure, per legal conventions they're responsible. Hence why the suit was brought against him and his dad.
Quote:
You seem be really going out of your way to defend racism for some reason.
Again, my point here is people making accusations of racism, sexism, etc. where it's ridiculous to do so in my opinion. That's different than "defending racism."
Terrapin_Station is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 03:44 PM   #3084 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin_Station View Post
I'd certainly not deny that if we have evidence that this was by direct order of Trump. What evidence do we have of that?
The person(s) who was doing the discriminated told investigators that they were only doing what their boss told them to do. When asked "the boss of who" they answered Trump Management. Trump was the head boss of Trump Management.

Did Trump pull the trigger? No. But I firmly believe he bought the gun based on all of the circumstances. You are trying to insert your head so far up the guys' ass it's coming across pretty ridiculous.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 03:47 PM   #3085 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
Company policies are not always made by the person in charge of the company.
Are you defending Trump and implying that he isn't racist?
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 03:47 PM   #3086 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Terrapin_Station's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: NYC Man
Posts: 791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
The person(s) who was doing the discriminated told investigators that they were only doing what their boss told them to do. When asked "the boss of who" they answered Trump Management. Trump was the head boss of Trump Management.
First off, that's hearsay. Secondly, even if we could trust it, "Trump was the head boss" wouldn't be the same thing as saying that Trump was the boss in question who told them to do this.
Quote:
Did Trump pull the trigger? No. But I firmly believe he bought the gun based on all of the circumstances. You are trying to insert your head so far up the guys' ass it's coming across pretty ridiculous.
I don't jump to conclusions and assume that someone is guilty of something based on specious evidence. You can do that if you want to, though. Just hope that you don't end up on a jury with me where we disagree. ;-) (Although that's unlikely since I deregistered to vote so that I could avoid jury duty.)
Terrapin_Station is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 03:48 PM   #3087 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin_Station View Post
First off, that's hearsay. Secondly, even if we could trust it, "Trump was the head boss" wouldn't be the same thing as saying that Trump was the boss in question who told them to do this.
Oh. My. God.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 03:49 PM   #3088 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Is Donald Trump a Racist? Here's What His Record Shows


Quote:
Next in the Trump record on race came a 1991 book by John O’Donnell, who had been president of Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City. O’Donnell quoted Trump saying,“ Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes… Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else…Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that’s guy’s lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.”

O’Donnell’s report was shocking, but Trump did not contest it at the time. In 1997 he was interviewed for Playboy by author Mark Bowden and he confirmed that the O’Donnell book was “probably true.”

Two years later, when he was seeking the reform party nomination for president, Trump changed his tune. “I’ve never said anything like that,” he told Tim Russert on Meet The Press.

The flip-flop that saw Trump affirm John O’Donnell’s reporting and then deny it, must be weighed against Trump’s clear tendency to see things in racial terms and then say what he thinks.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 03:51 PM   #3089 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
It doesn't mean that Trump put any policy in place. It doesn't even mean he knows anything about it. Especially in a company as large as Trump's there are hundreds of company decisions being made he knows nothing about.
So your argument is he's a moron? If the person running a company is unaware that it has racist policies, they may be an idiot, but they're still responsible for what their company does, beacause… wait for it… they're in charge. That's what being in charge means, it means being responsible for the thing you're in charge of.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 03:52 PM   #3090 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
So your argument is he's a moron? If the person running a company is unaware that it has racist policies, they may be an idiot, but they're still responsible for what their company does, beacause… wait for it… they're in charge. That's what being in charge means, it means being responsible for the thing you're in charge of.
And thus, being in charge for employees that display racist activities in turn makes them racist for choosing not to stop it. Man, I'm glad we're on the same page.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.