Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: can he do it?
yes 23 52.27%
yea 21 47.73%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2016, 04:17 PM   #3111 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
So obviously you know nothing about running a company.
First off comparing Microsoft to Trump Management circa 1973 is beyond ridiculous. Trump Management was pretty small and only based in NYC back then. Trump was only 26 at the time and very far removed from the huge mogul he is today with companies all over the world.

Secondly, Trumps dad started the no blacks policy in the late 60s. They were already in place when he turned it over to Donald. Trying to imply that Trump was oblivious to those policies is ridiculous.

Lastly Trump has long had a reputation as being extremely hands on and all controlling with his business ventures. Based on this it's hard to imagine he was clueless with his first big venture into real estate.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 04:17 PM   #3112 (permalink)
Resistance is futile
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
I would certainly hope so. Since she raised me.
I don't judge other people by the actions of those around them. I think it would be unfair to judge your mother for your actions. You are your own person. She is not you.
__________________
Minoru Suzuki will kill you!
Blank. is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 04:18 PM   #3113 (permalink)
Resistance is futile
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
First off comparing Microsoft to Trump Management circa 1973 is beyond ridiculous. Trump Management was pretty small and only based in NYC back then. Trump was only 26 at the time and very far removed from the huge mogul he is today with companies all over the world.

Secondly, Trumps dad started the no blacks policy in the late 60s. They were already in place when he turned it over to Donald. Trying to imply that Trump was oblivious to those policies is ridiculous.
So, you have proof that Trump knew about them and was inforcing them?
__________________
Minoru Suzuki will kill you!
Blank. is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 04:18 PM   #3114 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
I don't judge other people by the actions of those around them. I think it would be unfair to judge your mother for your actions. You are your own person. She is not you.
I'm on a phone so I couldn't edit but I think you asking that question is in poor form since it's irrelevant to the argument. Killing someone is in no way the same form as being racist.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 04:19 PM   #3115 (permalink)
Resistance is futile
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
I'm on a phone so I couldn't edit but I think you asking that question is in poor form since it's irrelevant to the argument. Killing someone is in no way the same form as being racist.
Then you're missing the point.
__________________
Minoru Suzuki will kill you!
Blank. is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 04:21 PM   #3116 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Then please lay it on me...
The difference between "racist" and "having no qualms about doing racist things" is so slight that's really not worth discussing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 04:21 PM   #3117 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
Then you're missing the point.
There has to be one first. Bringing in murder is a cop out argument and you know it.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 04:22 PM   #3118 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Terrapin_Station's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: NYC Man
Posts: 791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
First off comparing Microsoft to Trump Management circa 1973 is beyond ridiculous. Trump Management was pretty small and only based in NYC back then.
The article you quoted said that they had something like 40 buildings and rented something like 14,000 apartments. That's not that small.
Terrapin_Station is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 04:23 PM   #3119 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Then please lay it on me...
Quote:
Or he's just being a prick and keeping out minorities to keep his racist white tenants happy.
Nah, racial discrimination in the 60s and 70s was profit driven more than anything. Keeping minorities out helped keep real estate values high and draw in affluent white tenants. These were rentals after all. The tenants didn't own the apartments, Trump Management did.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 04:23 PM   #3120 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
The difference between "racist" and "having no qualms about doing racist things" is so slight that's really not worth discussing.
Yes it is worth discussing. Pragmatism is not racism. I like how I don't have to make long posts right now, since it's such a simple concept that it doesn't require long paragraphs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.