Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2016, 05:30 PM   #451 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
Start here and find me anything that justifies the evil actions of a few.
Once again. I say the bible is ****. You reply, no it's not. Here's some bible quotes that prove it. Or, no it's not, here's some Bishops that will back up my opinion.

Can you say: Fox guarding the hen house?

How about you step away from the bible and speak with your own conscience for once?

The Catholic Church and Christianity have a centuries long history of barbarism, intolerance, cruelty, abuse, subterfuge, denial, cover ups, murder, rape, torture, intimidation, and totalitarianism, as long as it serves as a means to their self centered goals. And that's all before the 20th century.

This reminds me of the recent Penn State scandal. The entire football program was found to be guilty of covering up decades long sexual abuse of kids by a member of the coaching staff. Everyone was outraged beyond belief.

Except for a select few who were Penn State alumni who fiercely defended the school's athletic program no matter how damning the evidence kept piling up.

That's the pure definition of a cult. Blind worship regardless of logic, reason, and common sense.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:32 PM   #452 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Once again. I say the bible is ****. You reply, no it's not. Here's some bible quotes that prove it.

How about you step away from the bible and speak with your own conscience for once?

The Catholic Church and Christianity have a centuries long history of barbarism, intolerance, cruelty, abuse, subterfuge, denial, cover ups, murder, rape, torture, intimidation, and totalitarianism, as long as it serves as a means to their self centered goals. And that's all before the 20th century.

This reminds me of the recent Penn State scandal. The entire football program was found to be guilty of covering up decades long sexual abuse of kids by a member of the coaching staff. Everyone was outraged beyond belief.

Except for a select few who were Penn State alumni who fiercely defended the school's athletic program no matter how damning the evidence kept piling up.

That's the pure definition of a cult. Blind worship regardless of logic, reason, and common sense.
The difference between a cult and a religion is popularity.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:34 PM   #453 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

And money. And political influence.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:35 PM   #454 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,526
Default

That comes with popularity.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:36 PM   #455 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

True.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:48 PM   #456 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,194
Default

I've made clear my hate for Christianity but I'd much rather have a Catholic church in my neighborhood than anything I would honestly define as a cult. Cults are much scarier.

Let's be honest.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:51 PM   #457 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I've made clear my hate for Christianity but I'd much rather have a Catholic church in my neighborhood than anything I would honestly define as a cult. Cults are much scarier.

Let's be honest.
Mormons? They might knock on your door occasionally but they bring cookies sometimes.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:55 PM   #458 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Mormons? They might knock on your door occasionally but they bring cookies sometimes.
What about the Jews? The read the OLD TESTAMENT. You don't get much more kvlt than that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:55 PM   #459 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I've made clear my hate for Christianity but I'd much rather have a Catholic church in my neighborhood than anything I would honestly define as a cult. Cults are much scarier.

Let's be honest.
We're talking about people who believe in magical cannibalism here. That's pretty disturbing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:01 PM   #460 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
We're talking about people who believe in magical cannibalism here. That's pretty disturbing.
Don't forget vampirism.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.