Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2016, 10:19 AM   #1211 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I don't think it's about pushing for a difference. The type of change that would be needed would requirement a shit load of people. There just aren't enough that currently care about making changes to the current system that we are in.
Yeah but to defend that by saying "that's just how it is" is just a cop out.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Old 10-14-2016, 10:29 AM   #1212 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Yeah but to defend that by saying "that's just how it is" is just a cop out.
..but it is how it is.

What do you expect?

There isn't much of anything that can be done. I don't think it's a cop out. I think it's reality and being realistic.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline  
Old 10-14-2016, 10:35 AM   #1213 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
..but it is how it is.

What do you expect?

There isn't much of anything that can be done. I don't think it's a cop out. I think it's reality and being realistic.
I just like to feel motivated to change instead of putting up with the broken system we have. I'm a bit optimistic in that regard I admit.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Old 10-14-2016, 10:40 AM   #1214 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
I just like to feel motivated to change instead of putting up with the broken system we have. I'm a bit optimistic in that regard I admit.
It's good to be optimistic and feeling motivated to change but you have to find thousands that are just like you to be able to make a dent in changing the current system.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline  
Old 10-14-2016, 10:42 AM   #1215 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
It's good to be optimistic and feeling motivated to change but you have to find thousands that are just like you to be able to make a dent in changing the current system.
Yeah. I just still find admitting a problem as a cop out. That's just me.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Old 10-14-2016, 10:45 AM   #1216 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

It's not like these are the two least favourable candidates in the history of American presidential races or anything.
__________________
Frownland is offline  
Old 10-14-2016, 10:53 AM   #1217 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Yeah. I just still find admitting a problem as a cop out. That's just me.
If you are acknowledging a problem how is it a cop out then?
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline  
Old 10-14-2016, 10:54 AM   #1218 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
If you are acknowledging a problem how is it a cop out then?
In the context of the argument it is.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Old 10-14-2016, 11:33 AM   #1219 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
And lacking compassion doesn't mean you can't be friendly. Two different things. I'm thinking more about defending alleged rapists, laughing about it years later and all of the other stuff regarding Bill Clinton's alleged sexual assault charges.
Why do a lot of you fail in fact checking from non-partisan sources before standing by stupid claims?

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinto...ghed-about-it/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
This is such a cop out reasoning that it's stupid. Are you insinuating we are not allowed to push for a difference? I get that you're too old to give a ****, but saying this type of thing is both irritating and offensive to the younger generation.
Stop ****ing putting words in my mouth Ki. I'm getting a little sick and tired of it. I DIDN'T INSINUATE THAT YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PUSH FOR CHANGE. And accepting the reality of how things are is not stupid. It's practical. Why should I throw my vote away when none of the third party candidates stand a snowballs chance in hell of getting even 5 electoral votes, let alone 270.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I don't think it's about pushing for a difference. The type of change that would be needed would requirement a shit load of people. There just aren't enough that currently care about making changes to the current system that we are in.
Ki, how much time have you spent away from the forum getting out there and championing for change in a way that could truly matter? Or do you just hang around here whining about why we can't have change???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
In the context of the argument it is.
I'm not arguing in this case. I'm being realistic. And saying I'm too old and must therefore not give a **** is just hitting low. I've been one of the most active members in the political threads from the start. I just like dealing in facts and having my vote count rather than relying on party line BS and pipe dreams.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 10-14-2016, 11:36 AM   #1220 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

Congratulations on voting in evil, Chula. It's nice to know that your vote really counts I guess.

I put my ballot in the mail today. Vermin Supreme better take this.
__________________
Frownland is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.