Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2016, 01:35 PM   #911 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Nothing is entirely reliable, but Wall Street Journal, NPR, and Forbes all get my approval. Also, Huffington Post is basically a left-wing Breitbart in that it uses clickbait like a mother****er.
So then your point is irrelevant based on people's take on what they consider reliable. Especially when the links provided by dj and myself have quotes to prove the cases.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Old 10-11-2016, 01:36 PM   #912 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
So then your point is irrelevant based on people's take on what they consider reliable.
There's not being 1000% reliable and then there's being almost satirically biased. The Huffington Post falls into the second part.
__________________
Frownland is offline  
Old 10-11-2016, 01:38 PM   #913 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
There's not being 1000% reliable and then there's being almost satirically biased. The Huffington Post falls into the second part.
But then you have people using Fox News as a reliable source, and I've not seen any argument toward that line of reasoning.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Old 10-11-2016, 01:38 PM   #914 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Explain. What would you consider a reliable source of information?
Ki, HPost is as left as Fox News is right. You should never quote them or use them to try and prove a point. I've relied on Politifact for this election. They are the Snopes of politics. They go both ways in clearing up what's true and what's not.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 10-11-2016, 01:39 PM   #915 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Ki, HPost is as left as Fox News is right. You should never quote them or use them to try and prove a point. I've relied on Politifact for this election. They are the Snopes of politics. They go both ways in clearing up what's true and what's not.
That wasn't the point I was trying to make, the question was relating to examples of Trump's racism, and HuffPost have the evidence to prove that point. Whether it's agreeable or not, it's been laid out multiple times.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Old 10-11-2016, 01:41 PM   #916 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
But then you have people using Fox News as a reliable source, and I've not seen any argument toward that line of reasoning.
Wha...? I never said Fox was a reliable source. Other people using a ****ty source does not justify using one yourself. In fact, that might actually inspire you to use more reliable ones.

Are we really debating whether or not it's a good idea to use stronger evidence?
__________________
Frownland is offline  
Old 10-11-2016, 01:43 PM   #917 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Huffington Post isn't clickbait you retard.
They let you write things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
It's acceptable when the person is question is being lazy, I'm not going to bust my ass to go above and beyond for someone that's being lazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Explain why it's bull****. You and Frown will throw around accusations, but I've not seen either of you provide links to prove your points, instead you choose to talk out your ass.
Well since I don't have to provide real evidence when I'm feeling lazy and/or the point I'm trying to make is just so obvious, bro, I'll just throw this reddit link at you to show my contempt.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UpliftingNe...onger_welcome/

But seriously, Huffington Post is clickbait by nature, as it is a media aggregator. It's job is to snatch and grab from other articles, condense them into easily readable chunks, and get potential readers to click on them with snazzy titles. They can't not be clickbait because it is literally their business model.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.707f6c0d4345

Here's a ****ing link from a non-**** source.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is offline  
Old 10-11-2016, 01:45 PM   #918 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
That wasn't the point I was trying to make, the question was relating to examples of Trump's racism, and HuffPost have the evidence to prove that point. Whether it's agreeable or not, it's been laid out multiple times.
And when you use an unreliable source, as that article very very very very clearly demonstrates (since case by case is the best way to determine these things) it does NOT prove your point, because those points are not as strong as you assume them to be (I'm going with the theory that you didn't look at your own evidence).
__________________
Frownland is offline  
Old 10-11-2016, 01:46 PM   #919 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
And when you use an unreliable source, as that article very very very very clearly demonstrates (since case by case is the best way to determine these things) it does NOT prove your point, because those points are not as strong as you assume them to be (I'm going with the theory that you didn't look at your own evidence).
Fair enough.

Unsure if Bat realizes I have him on ignore and everything he says I can't see. It's actually nice to be honest.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Old 10-11-2016, 01:47 PM   #920 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,592
Default

Echo chambers are for losers.
__________________
Frownland is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.