Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

Ol’ Qwerty Bastard 02-24-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1808704)
I already said I'm for more gun regulations

However this particular rule I understand the removal of as it is indeed an overreach

i think this is the first time we've come to an agreement so yeah good stuff i agree

DwnWthVwls 02-24-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1808685)
The two aren't connected in anyway though

Should everyone who's bad with money not get a driver's license? And do we let the DMV decide that by looking at your finances lol

I'll admit, my views on guns are pretty extreme, I don't think it should be a right. I see no reason for anyone to own one. If you want to argue it's for protection then prove you need protection and demonstrate how a gun will protect you. The DMV also doesn't do background checks which shows the two are looked at differently.

Chula Vista 02-24-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1808710)
I'll admit, my views on guns are pretty extreme, I don't think it should be a right. I see no reason for anyone to own one. If you want to argue it's for protection then prove you need protection and demonstrate how a gun will protect you. The DMV also doesn't do background checks which shows the two are looked at differently.

Agreed to a point. The wording and syntax of the 2nd is so messed up that I don't believe it is actually a right.

FRED HALE SR. 02-24-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1808710)
I'll admit, my views on guns are pretty extreme, I don't think it should be a right. I see no reason for anyone to own one. If you want to argue it's for protection then prove you need protection and demonstrate how a gun will protect you. The DMV also doesn't do background checks which shows the two are looked at differently.

It absolutely should be a right. Its already become a travesty in California for the wait periods and background checks involved. You might as well be muslim entering the country at this time for comparisons. I think millions of people for many milleniums have demonstrated how guns can protect you, thats pretty much why they exist.

elphenor 02-24-2017 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1808710)
I'll admit, my views on guns are pretty extreme, I don't think it should be a right. I see no reason for anyone to own one. If you want to argue it's for protection then prove you need protection and demonstrate how a gun will protect you. The DMV also doesn't do background checks which shows the two are looked at differently.

Automatic weapons and high capacity magazines should be straight banned just like you aren't allowed explosives

But a hand gun or a hunting rifle idk that I can support a complete ban

People don't need them for protection really they just want to own a gun because they like guns

Chula Vista 02-24-2017 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. (Post 1808716)
It absolutely should be a right. Its already become a travesty in California for the wait periods and background checks involved. You might as well be muslim entering the country at this time for comparisons. I think millions of people for many milleniums have demonstrated how guns can protect you, thats pretty much why they exist.

BS. Guns have caused way more harm than good for decades in the modern world. Step away from the muskets Fred.

Putting Muslims in your rebuttal shines a weird light on you. I live in California. I own a gun. STFU.

DwnWthVwls 02-24-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. (Post 1808716)
It absolutely should be a right. Its already become a travesty in California for the wait periods and background checks involved. You might as well be muslim entering the country at this time for comparisons. I think millions of people for many milleniums have demonstrated how guns can protect you, thats pretty much why they exist.

I'm not arguing it hasn't been demonstrated. I'm arguing it should be demonstrated on an individual basis. We will have to agree to disagree on your opening statement.

How about this, I'll reduce my stance to: Owning a gun should be a right if it is necessary for protection, but it should not be the right for anyone to get one because they like guns.

FRED HALE SR. 02-24-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1808719)
BS. Guns have caused way more harm than good for decades in the modern world. Step away from the muskets Fred.

Putting Muslims in your rebuttal shines a weird light on you. I live in California. I own a gun. STFU.

That was my point genius. I don't recall saying guns haven't done any damage? Are you on meds? I put muslims in my rebuttal to illustrate my point. I also live in California and own multiple guns. And you can take your stfu and shove it up your tiny urethra Dinosaur Jr.

elphenor 02-24-2017 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. (Post 1808716)
It absolutely should be a right. Its already become a travesty in California for the wait periods and background checks involved. You might as well be muslim entering the country at this time for comparisons. I think millions of people for many milleniums have demonstrated how guns can protect you, thats pretty much why they exist.


Nah the people that could actually need to use guns say those living in inner city Detroit want them gone

It's rural areas where guns are very rarely used for anything but fun that don't want the regulations

Ol’ Qwerty Bastard 02-24-2017 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1808718)
Automatic weapons and high capacity magazines should be straight banned just like you aren't allowed explosives

But a hand gun or a hunting rifle idk that I can support a complete ban

People don't need them for protection really they just want to own a gun because they like guns

well considering more gun related deaths come from handguns then assaults riffles AND the assault riffle ban from 94-04 had minimal affect, im not sure why you would ban one and not the other.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:28 AM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.