Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

Chula Vista 04-29-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre (Post 1829584)
That is why there is a stigma.

I just hate when that stigma finds a way to influence government to pass laws that **** people who honestly need it. Ever been behind someone in a supermarket line who looks absolutely disgusted and appalled having to pay for their food with food stamps? I've never seen people look so defleated. Don't lump them in with any of your narrative.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1829587)
Until then though, whether you realize it or not, you are at the government's mercy for better or for worse.

On one hand I want to :clap: and on the other hand I want to say DUH!

Fixing all of this is basically impossible in our current OVERALL situation.

Lucem Ferre 04-29-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1829593)
I get if you live a life of hardship as working people do there is resentment towards those who appear to be getting a free ride

But the biggest abusers are the uber wealthy elite(government officials included) and it's their theft that mandates poverty ultimately

We fight for the scraps that fall from their mouth

Yeah, that's very true. I don't think government assistance has been big enough of a problem for us to stress about as much as we do. There are much more expensive wastes of money. Like those tax loopholes Trump promised to fix and I haven't heard anything about since he became president.

Frownland 04-29-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1829497)
So are you ever going to make a point as to why I should think differently or are you just going to keep complaining about my position and not try to show me why it's a poor one to hold?

I get that your disappointed or annoyed with me for thinking differently, I really don't care. Change my mind, present examples, provide counter points.. Demonstrate how it's good for society as a whole to be treated like children and never strive to improve problems through action.

Nuance isn't his thing, give it up. Trying to explain it to him is just going to make him angrier. He's repeatedly made it apparent that he cannot approach a discussion like an adult or even as a mentally stable person. Its Roxy Part II.

Lucem Ferre 04-29-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1829601)
I just hate when that stigma finds a way to influence government to pass laws that **** people who honestly need it. Ever been behind someone in a supermarket line who looks absolutely disgusted and appalled having to pay for their food with food stamps? I've never seen people look so defleated. Don't lump them in with any of your narrative.



On one hand I want to :clap: and on the other hand I want to say DUH!

Fixing all of this is basically impossible in our current OVERALL situation.

Nobody is lumping them together though. We've all made a clear distinction between the two. If you really look at it, we all want the same thing. The leaches to quit leaching and the people who really need it to get it. How we fix it is the problem. Or maybe we just have to deal with the fact that it's always going to be imperfect and move on.

Chula Vista 04-29-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 1829607)
Nuance isn't his thing.

Seriously? Google "pot calling kettle black".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre (Post 1829608)
Nobody is lumping them together though. We've all made a clear distinction between the two. If you really look at it, we all want the same thing. The leaches to quit leaching and the people who really need it to get it. How we fix it is the problem. Or maybe we just have to deal with the fact that it's always going to be imperfect and move on.

Like in my last post, no easy solution. Just wish folks here could find a way to not lump the truly needy and the leeches into the same off the cuff comments.

Frown. Once again, ..................

Oh **** it. I'll never understand how you achieved mod status. Who makes these decisions? What are they based on? Is this some sort of secret society? Do the rest of the forum membors get a say? If not, why not?

What percentage of members have to speak up about a "nonimated" mod as being unworthy (a ****ing dick) before the secret society take notice?

What's the ****ing executive process around here?

I'm pretty sick of an official MB moderator slinging pompous and pretensious **** at me over and over again. Holding the title, shouldn't you be above it?

Lucem Ferre 04-29-2017 04:10 PM

No, because Frown is typically a fair and trustworthy moderator. His personality isn't much of a factor and he shouldn't have to hinder it for the sake of a facade.

Chula Vista 04-29-2017 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre (Post 1829617)
No, because Frown is typically a fair and trustworthy moderator. His personality isn't much of a factor and he shouldn't have to hinder it for the sake of a facade.

Are you serious? Facade? Please explain.

He comes at me all the time. Using his bias as an excuse.

Frownland deflects and insults Chula for his opinions, again in 5... 4... 3....

I'm tired.

Frownland 04-29-2017 04:30 PM

Go take a nap. I really don't give a **** dude.

Lucem Ferre 04-29-2017 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1829622)
Are you serious? Facade? Please explain.

He comes at me all the time. Using his bias as an excuse.

Frownland deflects and insults Chula for his opinions, again in 5... 4... 3....

I'm tired.

You're saying he should censor his thoughts because it makes him look like he's unworthy of being a mod even though his track record as a mod has been fair.

His opinions, condescension and insults, which most people on here do including you, have nothing to do with his modding ability. It only makes it look like he's a terrible mod when he's not.

I mean, unless there is some kind of incident I don't know about.

elphenor 04-29-2017 04:36 PM

You're too quick to take things to a personal level Chula my hippy friend

Smoke some ganja


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:45 AM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.