Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2017, 06:47 PM   #5631 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Nope.
So did you miss the part about crime in there or did you ignore it because it contradicted your point? It's a legally based decision. Congress makes the laws. Obviously there are ways for that relationship to be abused, but come on dude, it absolutely is a matter of legality. I'm done moving forward with this stupid ass disagreement. If you're not, out your thoughts on a ledger somewhere and just take my word that you're wrong.
__________________
Frownland is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 06:49 PM   #5632 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
He said "I did not have sex with that woman." He didn't lie. Look up the definition of sex.
Legal definition of sex

Quote:
Sexual Act Law and Legal Definition. Sexual act refers to any act of sexual intercourse. It also means penetration however slight by any object into the genital or anal opening of another person's body.
Based on the first sentence, blow jobs count.
__________________
Frownland is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 06:50 PM   #5633 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
So did you miss the part about crime in there or did you ignore it because it contradicted your point? It's a legally based decision. Congress makes the laws. Obviously there are ways for that relationship to be abused, but come on dude, it absolutely is a matter of legality. I'm done moving forward with this stupid ass disagreement. If you're not, out your thoughts on a ledger somewhere and just take my word that you're wrong.
Reading comprehension is again failing you.

The Constitution defines impeachment at the federal level and limits impeachment to "The President, Vice President, and all civil officers of the United States" who may be impeached and removed only for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors". Several commentators have suggested that Congress alone may decide for itself what constitutes a "high crime or misdemeanor", especially since Nixon v. United States stated that the Supreme Court did not have the authority to determine whether the Senate properly "tried" a defendant. In 1970, then-House Minority Leader Gerald R. Ford defined the criterion as he saw it: "An impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history."

Stop being a dullard just to argue with me.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 06:51 PM   #5634 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Idk, I'm thinking there will be an increased anti-Trump voter turnout that will heavily affect who gets elected. Honestly I consider that pretty dangerous considering that Trump also won because of who he is not, but I still think the voting landscape is going to be massively different next election.
Well that's also true. However I don't see what the chances are that it'll make such a big impact. I imagine that in the next election, people are legitimately going to be so fed up with the process that they won't even bother voting. That's at least where I would be if that were the case. However I know that's a double edged sword because if you don't vote, you're basically voting for the person that doesn't deserve it. The election process does need a rework, but in the way that it's good for everybody. I don't see that ever happening but if the turnout for voting starts to become less and less, this country is going to have to start really thinking about how seriously they take the election process. I hope I'm making sense here.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 06:52 PM   #5635 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Now you're just being ridiculous for ridiculous sake.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 06:52 PM   #5636 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,491
Default

Are you even reading the quotes you're posting? Because you keep unintentionally backing up my point.
__________________
Frownland is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 06:53 PM   #5637 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,153
Default

Chula, I'm actually on Frown's side this time. I read your post and thought "did you miss the part about crime?" Considering crime is pretty much directly related to law.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 06:53 PM   #5638 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Preventative practice=Exercise+healthy diet



See above.



Preventative practice=see a therapist and work your **** out.
Frowny

Get back to us after life has been beating your ass for 30 more years. A couple runs of bad luck... just that you respond with that **** tells me haven't seen how ****ing hard it gets.
OccultHawk is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 06:54 PM   #5639 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Frowny

Get back to us after life has beating your ass for 30 more years. I couple runs of bad luck... just that you respond with that **** tells me haven't seen it ****ing hard it gets.
So when I get to that point, will I start thinking that seeing a therapist, eating healthy, and excercising are bad ideas?
__________________
Frownland is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 06:55 PM   #5640 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
"An impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history."
Jeez.

And stop poking fun at my reality you *******s. Really a pretty dickish thing to do.
Chula Vista is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.