Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Well?
Yes 3 14.29%
No, never 4 19.05%
Maybe, under certain circumstances 8 38.10%
Undecided 0 0%
Only if the ban was requested 1 4.76%
Just JWB and Sansa 2 9.52%
Anal Beads 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2018, 09:26 PM   #71 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Actually, I made my point and then addressed your comments. Sure there was some crossover between the two, but in the second one I was specifically dealing with your points.

And your replies are, I'm sorry to say, laughable.
What's arbitrary is your attempt to get two people back when they have had enough chances, flouted the rules as if they don't apply to them, and you decide that because you want them back all the rules of the forum should be overturned. You think permabans are given out arbitrarily? Speak to the mods. I dont think they are. Your attitude of "oh go on, let them back in, they'll be ever so good, I just know they will" is sadly one of the most childish attitudes I've seen here in a long time. Just because you feel they're your mates doesn't mean they get a pass to circumvent the rules.

Of course, it's all up to the mods, but that's what I think, and I think your arguments to let them back in are shaky as Hawk's credit.

Again, talk to the mods. I don't know. All I know is that he repeatedly said "go on, ban me, I dare you." They took up the dare.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:34 PM   #72 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 4,726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Just because you feel they're your mates doesn't mean they get a pass to circumvent the rules.
But this is pretty much the basis of MB. We all break the rules every day, but it's okay, 'cause we're buds.

I can see that you're starting to get upset, exaggerating, getting wall-of-texty, and I think I know why.

You know I'm right on this, TH. It's pretty silly to argue against one final chance for members that are missed, as if it would cause the mods great effort to just ban them again should they misbehave. It really is simple and harmless.

I know about that grudge between you and Sansa. Or at least, she told me her side of it in Plug. Actually, I think most of the main MB posters know about it. Cat's out of the bag, man. Move on.
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:52 PM   #73 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Again, talk to the mods. I don't know. All I know is that he repeatedly said "go on, ban me, I dare you." They took up the dare.
The way I see it is that people like JWB who troll do it for the thrill of getting into trouble. The drama causes an Adrenalin boost, they get a rush from it. The mods were so lenient that it was a total buzz kill for him. It driving him bunkers he wasn't getting the negative feedback that would trigger the Adrenalin he was craving for. So he was basically in withdraw. He had begged the mods for a ban like a junkie just to get his fix.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:52 PM   #74 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
But this is pretty much the basis of MB. We all break the rules every day, but it's okay, 'cause we're buds.

I can see that you're starting to get upset, exaggerating, getting wall-of-texty, and I think I know why.

You know I'm right on this, TH. It's pretty silly to argue against one final chance for members that are missed, as if it would cause the mods great effort to just ban them again should they misbehave. It really is simple and harmless.

I know about that grudge between you and Sansa. Or at least, she told me her side of it in Plug. Actually, I think most of the main MB posters know about it. Cat's out of the bag, man. Move on.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:24 PM   #75 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,218
Default

Quote:
Of course, it's all up to the mods, but that's what I think, and I think your arguments to let them back in are shaky as Hawk's credit.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
There's probably some reasonable middle ground between Leave It to Beaver and being forced to suck your step-father's dick in the basement after your mom goes to work.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:12 AM   #76 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
No. A line must be drawn in the sand. This far, and no further. Otherwise what's the point?
If the account stays banned and they post on a new one then it has as that account is still banned.
__________________
Fluff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:41 AM   #77 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
No. A line must be drawn in the sand. This far, and no further. Otherwise what's the point?
Are you "paraphrasing" Jean-Luc Picard?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:14 AM   #78 (permalink)
BD9
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
But this is pretty much the basis of MB. We all break the rules every day, but it's okay, 'cause we're buds.

I can see that you're starting to get upset, exaggerating, getting wall-of-texty, and I think I know why.

You know I'm right on this, TH. It's pretty silly to argue against one final chance for members that are missed, as if it would cause the mods great effort to just ban them again should they misbehave. It really is simple and harmless.

I know about that grudge between you and Sansa. Or at least, she told me her side of it in Plug. Actually, I think most of the main MB posters know about it. Cat's out of the bag, man. Move on.


#sansa4eva
__________________
spotify.
soundcloud.
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:25 AM   #79 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,654
Default

I'm fairly certain plenty of these people had several chances before being banned.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:37 AM   #80 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
But this is pretty much the basis of MB. We all break the rules every day, but it's okay, 'cause we're buds.
I have never broken a rule in my MB career but this is not wrong.
__________________
Fluff is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.