Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Editors Pick
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #1031 (permalink)
Moper
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Ah but UB, you're so wrong!

A) I have been passive-aggressive to everyone.
B) I've always quite liked you.
Well I'm glad! I wouldn't say you're passive agressive in the least now, though!
The Fascinating Turnip is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #1032 (permalink)
Get in ma belly
 
Salami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Derbyshire
Posts: 1,385
Default

What I like is that she is perfectly prepared to point out when I've done something wrong in a very concise and polite manner.

You probably know I'm not very sensible at times, but Pedestrian will always be the one to help sort me out, which I appreciate.


Urb on the other hand is the opposite. He's figured out that I love being given cheap insults and being shouted at, and has given it to me generously, more than the rest of you. As Vanilla said: "this is an attention whore's dream!!!"
Salami is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #1033 (permalink)
Moper
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Salami View Post
What I like is that she is perfectly prepared to point out when I've done something wrong in a very concise and polite manner.

You probably know I'm not very sensible at times, but Pedestrian will always be the one to help sort me out, which I appreciate.


Urb on the other hand is the opposite. He's figured out that I love being given cheap insults and being shouted at, and has given it to me generously, more than the rest of you. As Vanilla said: "this is an attention whore's dream!!!"
I don't mean to be insulting in the very least, so I hope you won't take offense, but this statement worries me.
The Fascinating Turnip is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #1034 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,584
Default

What worries me is the fact that Salami talks as though he's been here for years and knows, offhand, the nuances of our community and all the people in it, having been here for such a short period of time.
Regardless of how that happened or how he believes it to be, it creeps me out.
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 04:45 AM   #1035 (permalink)
Get in ma belly
 
Salami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Derbyshire
Posts: 1,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
What worries me is the fact that Salami talks as though he's been here for years and knows, offhand, the nuances of our community and all the people in it, having been here for such a short period of time.
Regardless of how that happened or how he believes it to be, it creeps me out.
Sorry about that. I'm really only tring to do my best to fit in and get to know your members and the little "nuances" of the forum.

It probably looks a bit creepy, but I'm really just trying to get to know you all. Like the member's names, what music they like, and being generally interested in what goes on around here.

And mumu, I really liked my time on that with Ska and Jack Pat, and learned a lot about them as people, even if I've had a few clashes with them before now, we are now getting on quite well.
Salami is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #1036 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Salami View Post
Sorry about that. I'm really only tring to do my best to fit in and get to know your members and the little "nuances" of the forum.

It probably looks a bit creepy, but I'm really just trying to get to know you all. Like the member's names, what music they like, and being generally interested in what goes on around here.

And mumu, I really liked my time on that with Ska and Jack Pat, and learned a lot about them as people, even if I've had a few clashes with them before now, we are now getting on quite well.
I'd suggest just letting it happen naturally. It will happen, and it doesn't need to happen all at once. I think you may be better off just going with the flow instead of, for instance, reading piles of old threads to get a back story in order to fit in.
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #1037 (permalink)
Stoned and Jammin' Out
 
Mrd00d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California; Eugene, OR; mobile
Posts: 1,602
Default

I agree with Freebase. I've been here a year now and people are still getting to know me and vice versa. And that's probably normal. Just go with the flow and all will be well in the universe.
__________________
Mrd00d's Last.fm

Mrd00d is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #1038 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Paedantic Basterd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,184
Default

It took me probably 9 months before I felt like I fit in. Don't worry about it, and don't try so much.
Paedantic Basterd is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #1039 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 11,172
Default

I see Salami all over the place. Having come back recently, I sort of assumed he was a regular.
__________________
I've moved to a new address
TheBig3 is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #1040 (permalink)
the worst guy
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,610
Default

I have been posting for little over a month and I can truly say nobody has bothered me.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.