Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Editors Pick
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #1621 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Conan

Another mod who seems to be MIA lately, but after reading his last thread it's pretty obvious why. We've definitely had a more close connection over the last 3-years as we both tried to do various projects to help the forum out, like our zine that only lasted 1 issue. He's definitely one of the very talented members on the forum, and I do enjoy listening to his music. I hope that in his absence he's been working on an LP or something, because that would be pretty awesome.
Thanks for the mention, Pete! Ah, the e-zine. Those were the days. I still feel bad about going one issue and cancelling it without your input. It was just as much yours as mine and I was just too lazy. Maybe we can get that going again one of these days.

Or maybe not. First I want to revive my massive genre definition compilation thing. When I start working from home again you'll be seeing more of me.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #1622 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,752
Default

Hermione- Great sense of humor contrary to popular belief. Total smartass much like myself. Similar taste in music although she dislikes the Ramones.

Duce/Howard- This guy actually really has a varied discography and adds alot to the music threads. Kind of gets under peoples skin at times, but I like his contributions.

Fetching- Great personality, seems like one of the guys. Needs to go see a Dr though shes sick like 80 percent of the year.

Batlord- Has a similar taste for Metal and Punk as me. Good jokester and loves to derail the lounge as much as myself.

Bastard Of The Young- Great taste in music from my perspective. Seems to hearken back to the 80s alot like myself when it comes to what hardcore he deems as best. Probably has a more open ear then myself and tries out alot of things i probably wouldn't. Similar to Bob, people really seem to like him and it seems justified to me.

Jackhammer- Great reviews of movies, Great taste in reggae and Metal which i appreciate. Tshirt wearing guy like myself, seems to have great kids which is always indicative of great parenting. Solid guy.

Burning Down- Nice gal, REM fan like myself. Seems to be knowledgable in theory of music which I also strive to be. Great at being neutral when it comes to modding. Always seems calm and happy, good traits.
FRED HALE SR. is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #1623 (permalink)
Melancholia Eternally
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
Posts: 5,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
Fetching- Great personality, seems like one of the guys. Needs to go see a Dr though shes sick like 80 percent of the year.
She's Scottish. She should just be happy that it isn't terminal.
__________________

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #1624 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
Burning Down- Nice gal, REM fan like myself. Seems to be knowledgable in theory of music which I also strive to be. Great at being neutral when it comes to modding. Always seems calm and happy, good traits.
Thanks! Yeah, I think I'm pretty knowledgeable in music theory. It's just something that I study in school
Burning Down is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #1625 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,331
Default

I have not been too active here over the last few months but those I have been in contact with or conversed with recently:

bob - love this guy to bits. Great music tastes, introduced me to to a brilliant T shirt site (mate this site is awesome!) and has no hidden agendas. What you see is what you get. Has lived it, loved it and still wanting more.

Janszoon - His emotional control is superb and nothing seems to faze him. He can brush off the most antagonstic idiots on here with a witty aside I could swear he has English blood! If I ever get to the U.S, a night on the piss with bob and Janszoon would be an absolutely fantastic night. Unless he dances to a George Michael track that is.

Trollheart - I am so glad he has emerged from the shadowy cave of his journal to get involved in the whole site as he has a wicked sense of humour and is very knowledgeable about music even if it isn't to everyones tastes. It doesn't matter what sort of music you are into if you have passion for what you listen to then that is a true barometer of a music fan for me.

Canwll Corfe - I should really take notice more of the music he posts. He only seems to deal in select genres but he knows his stuff and it is almost always underground but decent too. He may not 'splash' himself all over the forum with a vast musical knowledge but what he is into regarding underground music more than makes up for it.

Howard The Duck or Il Duce - The place would not be the same without him and whatever his views he always contributes.

Burning Down - A blossoming flower and the sexual experience thread is a very entertaining with her posts and I am pleased she is 'enjoying' herself these days

Stu (Sneer) - a bastard as he only appears every couple of months, drops a shedload of awesome albums on us and then ****s off! Post more!

Ki - there was some altercations on here with him a couple of months back that I am not au fait with but he is a very passionate music fan and when he talks about a band/album then it is worth listening to especially if you like his music tastes.

Pedestrian - One of the best mods MB have ever had. Full stop. (We don't say period here as it's a messy subject).

Hermione - I have been an ******* to her a few times in the SB and yet she still holds no grudges which shows good character. Definitely should contribute more in the music forums as she has more knowledge than is posted. Great tat's too.

The Metalheads - Batlord, Unknown Soldier, Almauro, Engine (not strictly a Metalhead) and Blarobbarg amongst others are those of a rare breed who are not blinkered enough to think that Metal is the only genre of music and they all know their stuff.

Many more to mention but it is late here Loathsome Pete, Satchmo etc.

I miss Gavin B

Fetching - have u provided your voice yet as I am dying to hear that Scottish Brogue

Cru Hoor is a cool fella and Fred Hale too.

I really should slag someone off to balance it out!
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #1626 (permalink)
the worst guy
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,610
Default

Janszoon - Only recently started to "interact" with the great man, despite following his journal ever since I got here. I feel that he speaks his mind, even if it is in the form of a simple icon. Either way, seems like a cool guy that respects all genres of music, and is willing to give anything a chance.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 09:11 PM   #1627 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Rapping Community
Posts: 24,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Janszoon - His emotional control is superb and nothing seems to faze him. He can brush off the most antagonstic idiots on here with a witty aside I could swear he has English blood! If I ever get to the U.S, a night on the piss with bob and Janszoon would be an absolutely fantastic night. Unless he dances to a George Michael track that is.
Haha, I will definitely take that as a compliment! And, yes, a drunken night with you and bob would be a blast. I'm the midway point by the way—you both need to come to Philly!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Janszoon - Only recently started to "interact" with the great man, despite following his journal ever since I got here. I feel that he speaks his mind, even if it is in the form of a simple icon. Either way, seems like a cool guy that respects all genres of music, and is willing to give anything a chance.
Thanks Goofle! That's very nice of you to say. And I'm glad to hear someone reads my journals.
Janszoon is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #1628 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post

Ki - there was some altercations on here with him a couple of months back that I am not au fait with but he is a very passionate music fan and when he talks about a band/album then it is worth listening to especially if you like his music tastes.
Thanks! I appreciate the mention.
Key is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #1629 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Paedantic Basterd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Pedestrian - One of the best mods MB have ever had. Full stop. (We don't say period here as it's a messy subject).
Ah heck, thanks. It's an honour that you think so.
Paedantic Basterd is offline  
Old 08-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #1630 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
The Batlord: He may not know it, but I love this guy to death. One of the funnier members on the forum who delivers his humor in one of the better ways. Makes reading his posts more exciting and always knows how to make someone laugh, even if the thread or the post he's responding to has nothing funny to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
Batlord- Has a similar taste for Metal and Punk as me. Good jokester and loves to derail the lounge as much as myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
The Metalheads - Batlord, Unknown Soldier, Almauro, Engine (not strictly a Metalhead) and Blarobbarg amongst others are those of a rare breed who are not blinkered enough to think that Metal is the only genre of music and they all know their stuff.
It appears that people are finally acknowledging my obvious greatness. You may kiss my ring.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.