Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Editors Pick
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #601 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post

Dirty - You decided to go the troll route of gaining attention when you first came around and attention you did gain. I wouldn't say you have improved you are pretty much
the same person you was back then because I could see through your troll disguise back then that you just wanted to test the system sort of speak and see who the big dogs on the yard was. We have some great
conversations in the sports section and your love for the wu knows no bounds and that's not neccessarily a bad thing. I respect you for it.
I'm more of a Nas fanboy than Wu, but thanks. I'd say that's a pretty accurate assessment Also, big props for telling it like it is. That's what this threads for and i respect throwin caution to the wind and letting uncensored thoughts fly. Hit the nail on the head with Plum too.

Quote:
this thread=my myspace circa seventh grade
Dirty is offline  
Old 02-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #602 (permalink)
Killed Laura Palmer
 
ThePhanastasio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ashland, KY
Posts: 1,679
Default

s_k: You seem to be a genuinely nice guy, and your grasp of the English language as a non-native speaker is really amazing. Seriously, reading your posts, if I didn't know better, I wouldn't know that English wasn't your first language. You really seem to know your stuff about audio, verging on elitist audio views at time, but I can also see that's a major passion of yours - so it's natural that you'd have discriminating taste in terms of audio.

djchameleon: You are a really cool guy. I don't necessarily always agree with your taste in music (particular in the rap polls ) but I admire it a lot of the time. You know what you're talking about, and you definitely (along with Dirty, s_k, and boozinbloozin) make a lot of sections on the forum, particularly the lounge, really fun to read.

SATCHMO: I really admire your taste in music in general, and wish you posted 'round these parts more often. When I was just getting started posting on the site, you were one of the people that really helped me feel welcome on these boards, so I suppose you're also deserving of a super special thanks.

dankrsta: I am absolutely intrigued by your taste in music. Whenever I'm on the lookout for something interesting to listen to and I see one of your posts pop up, I'm excited to check out whatever avant-garde music you've recommended in the thread. I also love that you introduced me to Tuxedomoon and Henry Cow - truly amazing stuff!

bob.: You have given me some really good albums to listen to as well, and I thank you for it immensely! You also contribute so much to the site in terms of quality posting. You're an awesome member.

James: I think you really are an underappreciated poster. I look through a lot of the threads which are extremely well thought out and awesome, and realize that you were the creator of the thread. Really good quality stuff, and just a really quality guy. I love how you went balls to the wall with your post on here. Brutal honesty is admirable sometimes.

NumberNineDream: Your posts are very well thought-out and wonderful. Your taste in music is nothing short of great (in my opinion) and I'm also really glad that you seemed to dig the several Phish albums I recommended.

There are a lot of people I really could post about, but this post here is long enough as it is. I may add later, because already a handful of people not on this list are coming to mind.
__________________

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline  
Old 02-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #603 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
djchameleon: You are a really cool guy. I don't necessarily always agree with your taste in music (particular in the rap polls ) but I admire it a lot of the time. You know what you're talking about, and you definitely (along with Dirty, s_k, and boozinbloozin) make a lot of sections on the forum, particularly the lounge, really fun to read.
thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
Lol, they're not taking the site seriously. He's bringing personal problems that have nothing to do with Music Banter onto the site.
He's been attacking me and Dayna for the past couple of days, and then chose to do it here too.
HA! I have been attacking you two? more like the other way around. You two have been ganging up on me for the past few weeks. I haven't even mentioned anything extremely personal about you. You and I know what i'm talking about I won't even go into it because that's not the point of why i said what I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozinbloozin View Post
@DJ.......appreciate the comments man..I was shooting for arrogant prick, but down to earth cool guys ok too I guess. Just kidding...always enjoy your posts man your a cool cat thanks.
no problem , it has been great getting to know you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaSho View Post
djchameleon just threw down.
I wish that there would be more people I don't like so I could stir up some ****.
why thanks I guess. I just had a lot of things on my mind and decided to let it all out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
Not that extensive, I just know a lot about where Jazz/Avant-Garde meet mostly. Jazz is just one of those things that's like a switch, once you click it on, it's on, and you want to explore more. I've only had that for a few years, so there's always room to learn more.

As for the weirdness, that's pretty much the norm for people's perception of me, and I like it because it means I'm doing something right
Well I meant extensive in comparison to my knowledge of the genre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumor View Post
this thread=my myspace circa seventh grade
I never get that comment when you say it. I dunno about you but when I was on myspace. I didn't have any drama on there or know about anyone else who did. oooh makes sense now, you say "YOUR" myspace.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline  
Old 02-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #604 (permalink)
one big soul
 
Alfred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,096
Default

okay, i'm gonna not be nice

Rainard Jalen: I hate reading his posts. Comes off as typical contrarian art school bullshit. Totally pretentious, and often hard to decipher.

ProggyMan: Doesn't post much anymore, but he always came off as super arrogant and really not much fun at all. Knowledgeable enough, but damn stubborn.

Pornographie_Neaveau/Whatever he changed his name to: Strongly disliked this guy. He was totally arrogant, liked lame no wave/post-punk shit (and don't even ****ing start lecturing me on the artistic merit of such music) and just made threads on it all day. The one picture he posted of himself pretty much confirmed his douchebaggery. Pretentious pre-hipster joker with boots and some weird vest thing. The world needs less of those people.
__________________
Alfred is offline  
Old 02-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #605 (permalink)
s_k
Music Addict
 
s_k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
s_k: You seem to be a genuinely nice guy, and your grasp of the English language as a non-native speaker is really amazing. Seriously, reading your posts, if I didn't know better, I wouldn't know that English wasn't your first language. You really seem to know your stuff about audio, verging on elitist audio views at time, but I can also see that's a major passion of yours - so it's natural that you'd have discriminating taste in terms of audio.
Ghehe, yeah I am very passionate about that.
And it genuinly hurts me when people decide they want to listen to good music via bad sound systems or laptops. It's such an awful thing to read. Then I know there's a lot of crap out there that a lot of people fall for because of good advertising. I just want to protect people from buying bad stuff I guess.

Apart from that you may have figured, read and noticed that I do have some weird weak spot for you. I really like you a lot. Haven't really got a clue what the main reason for this is. You do something right somehow. Don't change!
__________________
Click here to see my collection
s_k is offline  
Old 02-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #606 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Rapping Community
Posts: 24,593
Default

I just wanted to take a moment to mention a few people who, though I rarely chat directly with them, are folks who I have something about which to say...

dankrsta: I think the fact that she managed to go from newbie to mod in half a year or so really says something about the kind of person she is. I'm a big fan of both her taste in music and the way she talks about it, and in some ways I find her a bit enigmatic which just makes her all the more interesting to me. Definitely a person whose posts I always look forward to reading.

ThePhanastasio: If we were the same age and went to the same high school I guarantee we would have hung out. Because (a) I was a drama geek and (b) she's really laid back with a great sense of humor and that's exactly the kind of person I always hung with. Needless to say, even though I don't think we have much in common on a musical level, I really enjoy having her as part of this forum

clutnuckle: I wish I had such amazing taste when I was 17 and was as good at writing about it as this guy. He always has great insights and amazing suggestions.

CanwllCorfe: Maybe I have a bit of a bias because I know he's one of the only people on MB studying to go into the same line of work as me, but I feel a kind of kinship with him. Even though our music tastes only overlap slightly, I love the fact that he's always mentioning artists I've never heard of, it keeps things fresh around here.

There loads of other people I want to spill my guts about too, but I'm terrible about actually finishing long lists of these comments so I figure I'll just start posting a few at a time instead.
Janszoon is offline  
Old 02-21-2011, 03:29 PM   #607 (permalink)
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk
 
NumberNineDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The land of the largest wine glass (aka Lebanon)
Posts: 2,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post

NumberNineDream: Your posts are very well thought-out and wonderful. Your taste in music is nothing short of great (in my opinion) and I'm also really glad that you seemed to dig the several Phish albums I recommended.
Don't know about which posts you're talking about, haven't been posting in a while, but thank you for the ego-boost.
You've got a great taste in music yourself (Phish is one of the many examples), and love your taste in literature and films too.
*Plus a great playwright. Cheers.
__________________
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?


Last edited by NumberNineDream; 02-21-2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: O so many reasons to cry
NumberNineDream is offline  
Old 02-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #608 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
ProggyMan: Doesn't post much anymore, but he always came off as super arrogant and really not much fun at all. Knowledgeable enough, but damn stubborn.
It's a music forum it's not supposed to be fun.
ProggyMan is offline  
Old 02-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #609 (permalink)
Quiet Man in the Corner
 
CanwllCorfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pocono Mountains
Posts: 2,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
CanwllCorfe - I love that you are a regular down in the electronica sub forums. I read your journal and get great recommendations on songs/djs that I had no clue about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
CanwllCorfe: Maybe I have a bit of a bias because I know he's one of the only people on MB studying to go into the same line of work as me, but I feel a kind of kinship with him. Even though our music tastes only overlap slightly, I love the fact that he's always mentioning artists I've never heard of, it keeps things fresh around here.

Thankseses!
__________________
Your eyes were never yet let in to see the majesty and riches of the mind, but dwell in darkness; for your God is blind.

CanwllCorfe is offline  
Old 02-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #610 (permalink)
...
 
dankrsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
dankrsta: I am absolutely intrigued by your taste in music. Whenever I'm on the lookout for something interesting to listen to and I see one of your posts pop up, I'm excited to check out whatever avant-garde music you've recommended in the thread. I also love that you introduced me to Tuxedomoon and Henry Cow - truly amazing stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
dankrsta: I think the fact that she managed to go from newbie to mod in half a year or so really says something about the kind of person she is. I'm a big fan of both her taste in music and the way she talks about it, and in some ways I find her a bit enigmatic which just makes her all the more interesting to me. Definitely a person whose posts I always look forward to reading.
Thank you both! This is so nice to hear and it's definitely a boost.
Enigmatic? Hahaha...well I can see how I might appear like that because I don't post much about myself personally. I'm kind of new to online communities and this is the first forum that I've been really active in, so in a way I still don't feel the need to write much about myself in whatever form. I always think 'Why should people care?' But, I definitely don't shy away from revealing such things when asked (well, to an extent, like most people). Hmm, I guess the longer I'm here the more open I'll become. What's ironic is that I'm more open in real life, so not really enigmatic .
__________________
dankrsta is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.