Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Editors Pick
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2014, 04:46 PM   #7601 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 26,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Mortem View Post
I want to give Trollheart a good woman and lottery winnings.
Thank you honey. I appreciate the sentiment. Missed you too!
Although it doesn't have to be a good woman: a slightly naughty one will do...
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline  
Old 12-30-2014, 05:09 PM   #7602 (permalink)
Crusher of tiny Nords
 
Carpe Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ugly Bag of Mostly Water
Posts: 1,363
Default

You're a good dude, Tman. Hope she and the money are whatever you want.
__________________
[SIG][/SIG]
Mirth is King


Be Loving & Open With
My Emotions
Carpe Mortem is offline  
Old 12-30-2014, 05:27 PM   #7603 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Hey, this is your argument here. It's not my job to find sources for you. And besides, i'm not even in opposition to your sentiments, so you can stop trying to convert me. I just like cracking jokes when people state things as if they're facts, while providing no sources, and then ask other people to check the facts for them.
lol i was on my phone so i was too lazy to do any googling at the time.

if you're trying to get me to admit that it's not a fact based on real reaserch then i'll happily do so. it's an assumption based on a couple of trends i've noticed. one trend would be that every forum i've been a part of has faded over the years. another trend would be that when i go to type it in google i see that a bunch of other people have already typed the same question in google. and then google's results give me a bunch of different people talking about the same thing. i mean i'm not writing a research paper about it or whatever so i don't think to cite sources in a normal conversation.
John Wilkes Booth is offline  
Old 12-30-2014, 05:44 PM   #7604 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i think i'm really against banning in general. i mean besides spam bots. i feel like everybody should be able to handle themselves. sort of like anarchy except with a god to kill spam bots.
In my experience, that tends to create an environment where a few people who are just really good at aggressive debate attract a bunch of followers who kind of warp the atmosphere of the forum to suit their own views, making it an unwelcome place for all but a certain type of individual. And with a membership who are all in lockstep there just isn't much to say to each other unless they get to gang up on some interloper, so the forum just ends up becoming boring.

And no, that's not specifically about Sansa. I've seen it elsewhere.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline  
Old 12-30-2014, 08:57 PM   #7605 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,261
Default

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard him say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWB
i feel like everybody should be able to handle themselves.
You usually try to be rational. Get some sleep homes.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline  
Old 12-30-2014, 08:59 PM   #7606 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,235
Default

i guess i'm just bored and want you to unban sansa so i can antagonize her tbh. you guys are way too nice for me.
John Wilkes Booth is offline  
Old 12-30-2014, 09:01 PM   #7607 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Make a tumblr and be a white cis male and say anything at all. Same effect.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline  
Old 12-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #7608 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,235
Default

yea but then i'd have to make a tumblr.
John Wilkes Booth is offline  
Old 12-30-2014, 09:05 PM   #7609 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,261
Default

she plugs with us a lot but tbh I think she'd bore you also.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline  
Old 12-30-2014, 09:06 PM   #7610 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
yea but then i'd have to make a tumblr.
It's worth it for the rise right?
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.