Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Editors Pick
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2018, 08:22 PM   #1101 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
tl;dr
Hey, you called him, you can catch him and return him to his pen! I'm not going out in the dark after him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank. View Post
I'm going mad? It's not my fault that you don't understand my brilliant avant-garde approach to journals.
Perhaps we're both going mad. Or the world is.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:01 AM   #1102 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,747
Default Classic Journals I Have Read: A Trollheart Production

On we go then with part two of Hawk's journal:

August opened with a harrowing comment on the murder of an entire village in Algeria, paired with music from Souad Massi before moving on to, um, ďSeven Degrees to Kevin BaconĒ?? Music from The Doors, Butthole Surfers and Satanic Circle. Then an emergency call for recognition for Kurt Bauer, whom you don't know and I don't know (and that's what makes Hawk so mad in this entry).

Much of the problem with Hawk's journal, as I see it anyway, is a lot of the time I do not have a scooby what the hell he is saying. Look at this quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Those Who Know Darkness, See The Light

It wears you out. It doesn't make you stronger. It just wears you out. Blisters. Sores. Nerves. Exposed bone. Marrow. You're not sucking the marrow from life. Life is sucking the marrow from you.

You know. You know the brutality of misogyny. Misopedia. Is there a word for self-hatred?

Go back before time and give the universe an abortion. Crucifixion by vacuum. Space hates a vacuum.

Point. Counterpoint.
What the blue living ****? And I thought Blank's journal was off-the-wall!

Well, on we went with some sort of stunt by a band he never named (something to do with Trump and Comey) and then Marian Anderson, Henry Rollins and The Domestics, followed by Carl Ruggles. Time to celebrate the fortieth anniversary of the launch of the Voyager probe through the music of Clifford Brown, Steve Roach and Constance Demby. August then ended with Sister Rosetta Tharpe and a hilarious exchange, already featured in one of the previous updates as Funny Post of the Week, where Hawk lambasted the inability of the system to capitalise state abbreviations.

And so on to September, where we had Nirvana (not that one), Plurals and then an interview with Frownland about his Andaman album. This pretty much brought us close to the end of the month, and in the last week of same Hawk decided to look back at 2008, for no particular reason that I can discern, or that he could come up with, other than the traditional ďwhy the **** not?Ē Starting off in typical Hawk style, he remarked on the war in the Congo, where ĒYou couldn't swing a dead child without hitting a freshly raped corpse.Ē Real turn of phrase, this man! Music included the Magnetic Fields, Max Corbacho, Agalloch, Thom Brennan and then some pretty graphic pictures (surprised the Google SS didn't get those) and a mention of I think Fritzl, the monster of Austria. On to school shootings with music from Opeth and then Alpha Wave Movement, and what he said was a ďcontenderĒ for AOTY for 2008, As Soon As Possible by Vincent Courtois, Sylvie Courvoisier and Ellery Eskelin. Misery Index, Cliteater and Girl talk wrapped up September, with words on famine and Obama. More music before we headed into October, this time from Alio Die, Fennesz, Mathias Grassow & JiřŪ MazŠnek, and a final karate chop to the neck of Pitchfork couped with a kick in Goofle's balls. More to come!
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:47 PM   #1103 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,218
Default

Quote:
Much of the problem with Hawk's journal, as I see it anyway, is a lot of the time I do not have a scooby what the hell he is saying. Look at this quote:
The Point Counter Point thing was supposed to clue you into that was trying to imitate Huxley



The title connects his philosophy to 20th C music.

It is considered an early 20th C classic. Has anyone else read it?

Itís a bitch to wade through quite frankly
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
There's probably some reasonable middle ground between Leave It to Beaver and being forced to suck your step-father's dick in the basement after your mom goes to work.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:28 PM   #1104 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
The Point Counter Point thing was supposed to clue you into that was trying to imitate Huxley



The title connects his philosophy to 20th C music.

It is considered an early 20th C classic. Has anyone else read it?

Itís a bitch to wade through quite frankly
Okay but that's something you'd have to know, in order to get it. It's kind of specific or selective knowledge. It's like if I said "oh it's thirteen o'clock" and you hadn't read Nineteen Eighty-Four, you'd be like, wtf? You can't or shouldn't assume everyone has read what you've read. I've only read BNW; didn't much like it.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:07 PM   #1105 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,218
Default

Iím busy getting this entire website laid and now on top of that I have to bow down to others illiteracy?

I canít go for that canít go for that canít go for that
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
There's probably some reasonable middle ground between Leave It to Beaver and being forced to suck your step-father's dick in the basement after your mom goes to work.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:12 PM   #1106 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Iím busy getting this entire website laid and now on top of that I have to bow down to others illiteracy?

I canít go for that canít go for that canít go for that
Your cup truly runneth over.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:38 AM   #1107 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,641
Default

I still don't know what I'm doing with the "Not Music" thread. I guess it's just a dumping ground for whatever I'm interested in at the moment, but it makes for crappy reading. I should have made it just a movie journal or something.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:20 AM   #1108 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I still don't know what I'm doing with the "Not Music" thread. I guess it's just a dumping ground for whatever I'm interested in at the moment, but it makes for crappy reading. I should have made it just a movie journal or something.
Nah, I don't know: it's different, which is good. And you're obviously finding your feet with it. Movies have been done, games have been done, comic books have been done - hard to think of something original. So I'd stick with what you're doing, and to hell with anyone who doesn't like it.

Hey, look at it this way: you've already more views for it than Rubber Soul had when he quit his journal, and he had put a lot of work into that. Don't be discouraged: just keep plugging away.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:00 AM   #1109 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Nah, I don't know: it's different, which is good. And you're obviously finding your feet with it. Movies have been done, games have been done, comic books have been done - hard to think of something original. So I'd stick with what you're doing, and to hell with anyone who doesn't like it.

Hey, look at it this way: you've already more views for it than Rubber Soul had when he quit his journal, and he had put a lot of work into that. Don't be discouraged: just keep plugging away.
I must be doing something right if I'm beating a journal that actually had thought put into it

I guess I'll just ramble on and see if it starts coagulating into something less... shapeless blob-like.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:23 PM   #1110 (permalink)
Resistance is futile
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I still don't know what I'm doing with the "Not Music" thread. I guess it's just a dumping ground for whatever I'm interested in at the moment, but it makes for crappy reading. I should have made it just a movie journal or something.
I see my journals influence is being felt.
__________________
Minoru Suzuki will kill you!
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.