Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #271 (permalink)
NSW
I am in your sway
 
NSW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tejas
Posts: 2,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
You know I got much love for you youngins...it just gets a little depressing to see all these lists that start when I was in high school.
__________________
Formerly user nonsubmissivewife, but no longer a wife and never was submissive. Pretty sure those two things have nothing to do with each other though.
NSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #272 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
downwardspiral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 729
Default

1990 - Pixies - Bossanova
1991 - My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
1992 - Pavement - Slanted & Enchanted
1993 - The Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
1994 - Hole - Live Through This
1995 - Sonic Youth - Washing Machine
1996 - Placebo - Placebo
1997 - Elliott Smith - Either/Or
1998 - Massive Attack - Mezzanine
1999 - Wilco - Summerteeth
2000 - Placebo - Black Market Music
2001 - The Strokes - Is This It?
2002 - Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights
2003 - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell
2004 - Autolux - Future Perfect
2005 - Queens Of The Stone Age - Lullabies To Paralyze
2006 - Silversun Pickups - Carnavas
2007 - Band Of Horses - Cease To Begin
2008 - Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
2009 - Dinosaur Jr - Farm
2010 - Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

Last edited by downwardspiral; 09-20-2010 at 01:58 PM.
downwardspiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:14 PM   #273 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12
Default

1988:The Pixies-Surfa Rosa
1989:The Stone Roses-The Stone Roses
1990:808 State-Ninety
1991:Massive Attack-Blue Lines
1992:PJ Harvey-Dry
1993:Blur-Modern Life Is Rubbish
1994:Jeff Buckley-Grace
1995:Oasis-(What's The Story) Morning Glory?
1996:Jamiroquai-Traveling Without Moving
1997:Radiohead-OK Computer
1998:Esthero-Breath From Another
1999:Sigur Ros-Ágætis byrjun
2000:Radiohead-Kid A
2001:Bjork-Vespertine
2002:Sleater-Kinney-One Beat
2003:Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Fever To Tell
2004:Patty Griffin-Impossible Dream
2005:M.I.A.-Arular
2006:Land Of Talk-Applause Cheer Boo Hiss
2007:Lily Allen-Alright,Still
2008:Laura Marling-Alas, I Can Not Swim
2009:St.Vincent-Actor
2010:Beach House-Teen Dream
youngbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #274 (permalink)
 
Zer0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,792
Default

Thought i'd do an updated version

1986: The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
1987: Spacemen 3 - The Perfect Prescription
1988: Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
1989: The Cure - Disintegration
1990: Ride - Nowhere
1991: My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
1992: Catherine Wheel - Ferment
1993: The Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
1994: Jeff Buckley - Grace
1995: Radiohead - The Bends
1996: Placebo - Placebo
1997: Radiohead - OK Computer
1998: Placebo - Without You I'm Nothing
1999: Sigur Ros - Ágætis Byrjun
2000: At The Drive-In - Relationship Of Command
2001: My Vitriol - Finelines
2002: Beck - Sea Change
2003: My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves
2004: Arcade Fire - Funeral
2005: Autolux - Future Perfect
2006: Silversun Pickups - Carnavas
2007: Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
2008: M83 - Saturdays = Youth
2009: Tegan and Sara - Sainthood
2010 (so far): Beach House - Teen Dream
__________________
Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #275 (permalink)
love will tear you apart
 
TheCunningStunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 5,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post
Thought i'd do an updated version

1986: The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
1987: Spacemen 3 - The Perfect Prescription
1988: Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
1989: The Cure - Disintegration
1990: Ride - Nowhere
1991: My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
1992: Catherine Wheel - Ferment
1993: The Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
1994: Jeff Buckley - Grace
1995: Radiohead - The Bends
1996: Placebo - Placebo
1997: Radiohead - OK Computer
1998: Placebo - Without You I'm Nothing
1999: Sigur Ros - Ágætis Byrjun
2000: At The Drive-In - Relationship Of Command
2001: My Vitriol - Finelines
2002: Beck - Sea Change
2003: My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves
2004: Arcade Fire - Funeral
2005: Autolux - Future Perfect
2006: Silversun Pickups - Carnavas
2007: Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
2008: M83 - Saturdays = Youth
2009: Tegan and Sara - Sainthood
2010 (so far): Beach House - Teen Dream
What happened to the 1 arist per year rule?! For a done up version this is a shocking effort. Some great albums, mind.
__________________
I don't feel and I feel great.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:27 PM   #276 (permalink)
Melancholia Eternally
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
Posts: 4,922
Default

Ive tried to do a list for this thread so many times and its just impossible. It gives me a headache.
__________________

Last.FM | Blank Slate | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #277 (permalink)
( ̄ー ̄)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,258
Default

1991: Metallica - Metallica
1992: RATM - RATM
1993: Nirvana - In Utero
1994: Weezer - Blue Album
1995: Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie
1996: Cake - Fashion Nugget
1997: Foo Fighters - The Colour and The Shape
1998: The Offspring - Americana (98 kinda sucked lol)
1999: Blink-182 - Enema of the State
2000: Primal Scream - XTRMNTR
2001: The Strokes - Is This It
2002: Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
2003: Brand New - Deja Entendu
2004: Lostprophets - Start Something
2005: Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth
2006: Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
2007: LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver
2008: Rise Against - Appeal to Reason
2009: Them Crooked Vultures - TCV
2010: (so far) Broken Bells - Broken Bells
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #278 (permalink)
( ̄ー ̄)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
2010: MGMT - Congratulations
Where's the barfing smiley when I need it? I think Congratulations is an absolutely terrible album. Yes, I listened to it from start to finish, and yes, I've given it time to sink in. It's just not... good.
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #279 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy
 
dac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 2,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbridge View Post
1988:The Pixies-Surfa Rosa
1989:The Stone Roses-The Stone Roses
1990:808 State-Ninety
1991:Massive Attack-Blue Lines
1992:PJ Harvey-Dry
1993:Blur-Modern Life Is Rubbish
1994:Jeff Buckley-Grace
1995:Oasis-(What's The Story) Morning Glory?
1996:Jamiroquai-Traveling Without Moving
1997:Radiohead-OK Computer
1998:Esthero-Breath From Another
1999:Sigur Ros-Ágætis byrjun
2000:Radiohead-Kid A
2001:Bjork-Vespertine
2002:Sleater-Kinney-One Beat
2003:Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Fever To Tell
2004:Patty Griffin-Impossible Dream
2005:M.I.A.-Arular
2006:Land Of Talk-Applause Cheer Boo Hiss
2007:Lily Allen-Alright,Still
2008:Laura Marling-Alas, I Can Not Swim
2009:St.Vincent-Actor
2010:Beach House-Teen Dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post
Thought i'd do an updated version

1986: The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
1987: Spacemen 3 - The Perfect Prescription
1988: Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
1989: The Cure - Disintegration
1990: Ride - Nowhere
1991: My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
1992: Catherine Wheel - Ferment
1993: The Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
1994: Jeff Buckley - Grace
1995: Radiohead - The Bends
1996: Placebo - Placebo
1997: Radiohead - OK Computer
1998: Placebo - Without You I'm Nothing
1999: Sigur Ros - Ágætis Byrjun
2000: At The Drive-In - Relationship Of Command
2001: My Vitriol - Finelines
2002: Beck - Sea Change
2003: My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves
2004: Arcade Fire - Funeral
2005: Autolux - Future Perfect
2006: Silversun Pickups - Carnavas
2007: Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
2008: M83 - Saturdays = Youth
2009: Tegan and Sara - Sainthood
2010 (so far): Beach House - Teen Dream
wat?
__________________

dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:26 PM   #280 (permalink)
love will tear you apart
 
TheCunningStunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 5,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Where's the barfing smiley when I need it? I think Congratulations is an absolutely terrible album. Yes, I listened to it from start to finish, and yes, I've given it time to sink in. It's just not... good.
Shits over Oracular.
Not just a singles album
Repels people that are looking for a 'Kids' or 'Time To Pretend'
Psychedelic elements, folk elements.
Great album.
__________________
I don't feel and I feel great.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.