Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2015, 10:03 PM   #13801 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DeadChannel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,258
Default

Ornette Coleman - The Shape of Jazz to Come

Honestly, I'm liking this even more than the previous two. I'll post a fleshed out thoughts thing later.
__________________
Subscribe to my short film channel or I'll come to your house and **** in places that will leave you confused for the rest of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butlord View Post
You don't like girl pop or grindcore?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I like how I can masturbate in my room without my roommate noticing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
He probably thinks you're working on the new album.
DeadChannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:19 PM   #13802 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Pinkmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 109
Default

Straight To Hell - The Clash
Pinkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:21 PM   #13803 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadChannel View Post
Ornette Coleman - The Shape of Jazz to Come

Honestly, I'm liking this even more than the previous two. I'll post a fleshed out thoughts thing later.
I was just going to suggest that to you in the other thread. Here are some others

Eric Dolphy - Out to Lunch!
Charles Mingus - The Clown
Peter Brotzmann Octet - The Complete Machine Gun Sessions (some crazy free jazz for you)
Sun Ra - Space Is the Place
Al Di Meola/John McLaughlin/Paco de Lucia - Friday Night in San Francisco (latin jazz)
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
Frank Zappa - Hot Rats
Albert Ayler - Love Cry

Once you're done with those go through the back catalogues of all the artists you've checked out so far, because they're all stellar.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:23 PM   #13804 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 7
Default

Do What U Want - Lady Gaga ft. R. Kelly
DannyRodeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:25 PM   #13805 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DeadChannel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I was just going to suggest that to you in the other thread. Here are some others

Eric Dolphy - Out to Lunch!
Charles Mingus - The Clown
Peter Brotzmann Octet - The Complete Machine Gun Sessions (some crazy free jazz for you)
Sun Ra - Space Is the Place
Al Di Meola/John McLaughlin/Paco de Lucia - Friday Night in San Francisco (latin jazz)
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
Frank Zappa - Hot Rats
Albert Ayler - Love Cry

Once you're done with those go through the back catalogues of all the artists you've checked out so far, because they're all stellar.
I've heard Hot Rats, The Complete Machine Gun & Bitches Brew, but I'll probably go back over them.
Other than that, I'll make sure to check out everything in the list. Much appreciated.
__________________
Subscribe to my short film channel or I'll come to your house and **** in places that will leave you confused for the rest of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butlord View Post
You don't like girl pop or grindcore?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I like how I can masturbate in my room without my roommate noticing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
He probably thinks you're working on the new album.
DeadChannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:07 PM   #13806 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Pinkmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 109
Default

A Song For Richard & His Friends - Chicago


Gold Dust Woman - Fleetwood Mac
Pinkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:26 PM   #13807 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmoon View Post
A Song For Richard & His Friends - Chicago


Gold Dust Woman - Fleetwood Mac
At the same time?

I'm about twentyfive minutes into this, the **** is wrong with this guy?

Jesus the Carpenter - Radio Symphony
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:17 AM   #13808 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DeadChannel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,258
Default

I'm considering putting on Autechre's Exai, but I'm not sure if I can make it all the way through. It's late, so I might just listen to that Ornette Coleman album again.
__________________
Subscribe to my short film channel or I'll come to your house and **** in places that will leave you confused for the rest of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butlord View Post
You don't like girl pop or grindcore?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I like how I can masturbate in my room without my roommate noticing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
He probably thinks you're working on the new album.
DeadChannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:21 AM   #13809 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,913
Default

This Is Our Music is Coleman's best album, fwiw.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:25 AM   #13810 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DeadChannel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,258
Default

But I've already used a **** ton of bandwidth today.
I feel ashamed for having to write that in 2015.
I'll grab it on my school's wifi tomorrow.
__________________
Subscribe to my short film channel or I'll come to your house and **** in places that will leave you confused for the rest of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butlord View Post
You don't like girl pop or grindcore?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I like how I can masturbate in my room without my roommate noticing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
He probably thinks you're working on the new album.
DeadChannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.