Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Facilitator
 
VEGANGELICA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Where people kill 30 million pigs per year
Posts: 1,993
Default Songs You Hate

Simple. Which songs do you hate and why?

I was reading the "favourite love song" thread this morning and realized that most of the songs I hate appear to be over there. Here's one: "Evergreen" by Barbra Streisand.

Why do I hate this song? Because the song sounds too syrupy sweet and the description of love too glowing, self-satisfied and cliche. "You and I will make each night a first, ev'ry day a beginning." Oh, please. If a love song about sleeping doesn't include snoring and morning breath, then it's overly romanticized. "Love soft as an easy chair." Even easy chairs get uncomfortable sometimes.

Now, I may just be having a jaded moment, but I feel irritated by the swelling euphoria Streisand sails on in this song that intentionally ignores the negative aspects of love tsunamis. I understand the song is meant to portray only the positive experiences of love, yet I feel it goes overboard in its adulation of the loving relationship described. Plus, I don't like her voice.

The pictures in the video were nice, though.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan:
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
art is sold for money
 
Scissorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 730
Default



Every time I hear this song I puke a little. I don't know why, it's just like that. Whenever I hear it I just wish to inflict horrible pain on whoever is responsible for it
Scissorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,161
Default

Lowest abyss of musical idiocy:



EXTREMELY bad nasally singing, unoriginal acoustic acoustic guitar riffs, unnecessarily irritating ukulele, meaningless feel good love lyrics that sound like they're written by a toddler, repetitive as all Hell. Absolute worst case scenario of the worst of pop.
__________________
Quote:
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,028
Default

Whitney Houston—"I Will Always Love You"
This atrocity is one of the best selling singles of all time and back in 1992 it was everywhere. You couldn't escape it. That's annoying no matter what the song but in this case it was especially unbearable. This song is pretty much the template for everything I hate about this kind of music: absurdly overwrought vocals, deadly dull instrumentation, sappy lyrics and coma-inducing production.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

I have to agree with that Sean Kingston song. I hate his version/rendition of that song. I love the song he sampled but not the way he executes it.

I disagree with that Plain White Ts song. I have wanted to learn it on acoustic. It is a definite panty dropper.

The song that I hate actually gets a lot of play on my Zune. I really hate that the beat is as catchy as it is.




The main reason I hate it is because it's basically telling girls that they should get on their knees and give blowjobs with no hands. Stupid girls are up in the club dancing to this song not even knowing what he's talking about!

Another thing, I just don't want women to think that guys actually like blowjobs with no hands. It's stupid and crap that you see in pornos from time to time.

whoa...on the other hand! I love this cover!

__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.

Last edited by djchameleon; 03-19-2011 at 08:04 AM.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Groupie
 
domman123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 41
Default

Any new rap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate autotune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
forever true
domman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cebu, Philippines
Posts: 677
Default

any song from Hillary Duff or Miley Cyrus or Justin Beiber...i hate it so much!!!
The Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default



represents all that is bad about synth-pop:- plodding rhythms, bombastic production, horrendous melody, taking themselves too seriusly
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post


represents all that is bad about synth-pop:- plodding rhythms, bombastic production, horrendous melody, taking themselves too seriusly
It's amazing how much energy the guitar player is putting into his body movements for the fact he's strumming once every 3 minutes.
__________________
Quote:
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Basscadet
 
Dayvan Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 1,242
Default

you see, when I was younger (like, eight) Big Wreck's Mistake was my favourite song, and then, I tried searching up the song on youtube and guess what? Nickelback covered it, and they did an awful job at it. They removed everything that made the song decent and replaced it with awfulness. The cover even made me hate the song for years.
The original:


what nickelback did to it:
__________________
I AM A DEAF CON OF ANGORA GOATS
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.