Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #31 (permalink)
A Jew on a motorbike!
 
Josef K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 779
Default

I love the Talking Heads, but I don't think there was any point when they were the best band in the world. I think the Jam, Elvis Costello, and Bruce Springsteen were all better, just off the top of my head. (The latter two I think count because of the Attractions and the E Street Band.)
Josef K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #32 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef K View Post
I love the Talking Heads, but I don't think there was any point when they were the best band in the world. I think the Jam, Elvis Costello, and Bruce Springsteen were all better, just off the top of my head. (The latter two I think count because of the Attractions and the E Street Band.)
whuuut?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #33 (permalink)
Out of Place
 
Black Francis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in an abstract house
Posts: 4,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef K View Post
I love the Talking Heads, but I don't think there was any point when they were the best band in the world. I think the Jam, Elvis Costello, and Bruce Springsteen were all better, just off the top of my head. (The latter two I think count because of the Attractions and the E Street Band.)
You lost me at Bruce Springsteen.
__________________
"Hey Kids you got to meet the MIGHTY PIXIES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
whuuut?
The Jam and Elvis Costello are very good.
__________________
" I slashed and burned thru my 15 minutes of fame."
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #35 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
The Jam and Elvis Costello are very good.
No kidding. But they don't remind me of the heads in any way shape or form.

He lost me with Springsteen and his god awful e street band. There is only one good Springsteen record and that's Nebraska.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #36 (permalink)
Out of Place
 
Black Francis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in an abstract house
Posts: 4,004
Default

The jam i can see being on par with them, not necessarily being better than them, Elvis costello idk very well but know enough to know the kind of music he makes and i can concede that maybe he is as good as them.

But Bruce Springsteen?
He must be a personal fav of his because i don't think comparing him with the Talking heads makes any sense.
Plus i don't like him anyway



PCU!
__________________
"Hey Kids you got to meet the MIGHTY PIXIES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A

Last edited by Black Francis; 04-09-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #37 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,730
Default

I actually like Springsteen but he's not nearly in the same league as Talking Heads.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #38 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
No kidding. But they don't remind me of the heads in any way shape or form.

He lost me with Springsteen and his god awful e street band. There is only one good Springsteen record and that's Nebraska.
No that record also sucked. I never said they remind me of the heads, but both have a legacy almost as big.
__________________
" I slashed and burned thru my 15 minutes of fame."
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:07 PM   #39 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default

I have given Springsteen barely any listening but he just doesn't do much for me.

And Talking Heads were never the best band in the World at any point.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #40 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
I have given Springsteen barely any listening but he just doesn't do much for me.

And Talking Heads were never the best band in the World at any point.
They were never even the best band at CBGB'S or Max's, much less the World.

Close<---- Thread
__________________
" I slashed and burned thru my 15 minutes of fame."
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.