Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Punk > Hardcore & Emo
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2006, 01:12 PM   #41 (permalink)
Pow!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucienAD
can i steal this???
littleknowitall is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 02:15 PM   #42 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
bungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hot-lanta
Posts: 3,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
You seem to have missed my point by a mile.
Like I said i`m not saying what is & isn`t emo , i`m just saying that nobody has so far said anything about what bands contributed into emo becoming mainstream and you are just dodging the issue to pick holes on points i`m not even trying to make.
I`m not argueing with you here i`m asking you because so far i`ve not seen you or anybody else answer the question , if the bands he mentioned had no impact into the mainsteam success of emo then who did?
Ok, I know that this was made a few pages back, and I havent finished reading this whole thread yet, but I would like to say: I see where you are coming from Urban, my only problem with your logic is the fact that, though you say emo is "mainstream" I do not belive that it is. It is just a misconception that all of these bands that are "mainstream" are emo, when in fact they are pop punk.
bungalow is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #43 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

But where did that misconception come from?

There must be something in it to link it to emo in the first place.Where else does the stereotypical emo kid come from?

Just as I said earlier most people have a problem calling Green Day a punk band , but their success got people into punk. Who`s to say that people listening to emo didn`t get into it in the same way.

I can remember people on this forum singing the praises of bands like Hawthorne Heights & Fall Out Boy just a few months ago and now those same people dismiss them as being crap.So you have to admit there is truth in what i`m saying.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #44 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Uh, Good Charlotte and Simple Plan got me into punk, are they punk? No. Are they being called punk? Yes. I looked more into the genre and started finding out about the circle jerks, crass and all them. There is truth in what you're saying they are gateway bands, but that doesn't make them emo.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 02:37 PM   #45 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

I never said they were emo.

All i`m saying is I don`t think their contribution to it is being recognised
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 04:05 PM   #46 (permalink)
"Knowledge is annoying"
 
Electric Ocean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 230
Default Emo Map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
But where did that misconception come from?

There must be something in it to link it to emo in the first place.Where else does the stereotypical emo kid come from?

This is basically how I believe the term emo has got so confused and how "emo" has become popular.


Edit: Sorry for the size and, yeah, I don't agree with the threadstarter.

P.P.S: It's late and I've probably left out loads of important bits and scenes but oh well...
Electric Ocean is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 06:43 PM   #47 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

You left out some parts, but the whole message and stuff got across fine. I agree with what you're saying on there, and hopefully Don will see how "emo" isn't actual emo.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 07:39 PM   #48 (permalink)
Here's lookin at you, kid
 
Mama Booze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The White Hotel
Posts: 366
Default

Don.
I love you.
That was heavenly.
Mama Booze is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 08:01 PM   #49 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Ocean
This is basically how I believe the term emo has got so confused and how "emo" has become popular.
Thats fine but 2 things....

You`re using the assumption people either listen to one or the other

Both started off from the same point
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 08:26 PM   #50 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Just because they both started off from the same point, doesn't mean they're the same genre. Taking Back Sunday sounds nothing like Circle Takes The Square, I wouldn't group them into the same genre at all. Also bands can be influenced by something. He also said "with no real hardcore attachements" the genre being emotionally driven hardcore, has to have hardcore in it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.