Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Legalize Homicide
 
Crinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 95
Default Salutations

Assuming that this is the "post here first" thing that I need to do since I haven't found a designated thread for that, hi. Call me Crinn (not my real name, I will not give you my real name). I listen to all types of music; my favorite kinds of music are black metal, death metal, classical, classic rock, and anything progressive. I may come off as arrogant and egotistical, but I'm actually the opposite. My favorite band is Opeth. Others include Xasthur, Darkthrone, The Grateful Dead, Sigur Ros, Katatonia, Decrepit Birth, Epica, Wintersun, Nile, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Slayer, Underoath, Burzum, Radiohead, Immortal, Dying Fetus, Cattle Decapitation, Watain, and Behemoth. My music collection is ridiculously extensive (depending on if you consider 29000+ songs to be extensive or not). I speak English and Finnish (Parasta maa maailmassa). I'm known widely on the internet as a prolific album reviewer (300+ reviews in less than 3 years and still writing). Although I've written for numerous sites/forums/zines, I've found the most success as an independent writer. View ALL of my reviews on my blog (the URL is in my signature).

Black metal dominates. Hail Satan.
__________________
"Your God died on a cross. Mine holds a hammer in his hand. Make your own conclusions." - Nergal (Behemoth)


http://www.nylon-ice.blogspot.com
Crinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Facilitator
 
VEGANGELICA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Where people kill 30 million pigs per year
Posts: 1,993
Default

Salutations, "Crinn." I've never been to Finland, but I will take your word that it is the best country in the world.

I *do* consider 29,000+ songs extensive! I learned about Opeth due to a former MusicBanter member. Opeth strikes me as a very refined metal band. However, I prefer Behemoth, and so in their honor below I offer you my current favorite Behemoth song, thinking you may like it.

I hope you are enjoying MusicBanter.

Behemoth - "Day of Suffering" (Morbid Angel cover)


Behemoth-Day Of Suffering (Morbid Angel Cover) - YouTube
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan:
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crinn View Post
Assuming that this is the "post here first" thing that I need to do since I haven't found a designated thread for that, hi. Call me Crinn (not my real name, I will not give you my real name). I listen to all types of music; my favorite kinds of music are black metal, death metal, classical, classic rock, and anything progressive. I may come off as arrogant and egotistical, but I'm actually the opposite. My favorite band is Opeth. Others include Xasthur, Darkthrone, The Grateful Dead, Sigur Ros, Katatonia, Decrepit Birth, Epica, Wintersun, Nile, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Slayer, Underoath, Burzum, Radiohead, Immortal, Dying Fetus, Cattle Decapitation, Watain, and Behemoth. My music collection is ridiculously extensive (depending on if you consider 29000+ songs to be extensive or not). I speak English and Finnish (Parasta maa maailmassa). I'm known widely on the internet as a prolific album reviewer (300+ reviews in less than 3 years and still writing). Although I've written for numerous sites/forums/zines, I've found the most success as an independent writer. View ALL of my reviews on my blog (the URL is in my signature).

Black metal dominates. Hail Satan.
Don't worry. You will fit in perfectly.
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Legalize Homicide
 
Crinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Salutations, "Crinn." I've never been to Finland, but I will take your word that it is the best country in the world.

I *do* consider 29,000+ songs extensive! I learned about Opeth due to a former MusicBanter member. Opeth strikes me as a very refined metal band. However, I prefer Behemoth, and so in their honor below I offer you my current favorite Behemoth song, thinking you may like it.

I hope you are enjoying MusicBanter.

Behemoth - "Day of Suffering" (Morbid Angel cover)


Behemoth-Day Of Suffering (Morbid Angel Cover) - YouTube
I love that song! I dont have a favorite...by them..tooo many lol, have you seen them live?
__________________
"Your God died on a cross. Mine holds a hammer in his hand. Make your own conclusions." - Nergal (Behemoth)


http://www.nylon-ice.blogspot.com
Crinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Facilitator
 
VEGANGELICA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Where people kill 30 million pigs per year
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crinn View Post
I love that song! I dont have a favorite...by them..tooo many lol, have you seen them live?
Yeay! I'm glad I found someone who loves that song like I do! (Here's one of the several times I've written about it on MusicBanter: http://www.musicbanter.com/rock-meta...ml#post1212101).

No, I haven't seen Behemoth live. You? Which would be your top three songs by Behemoth? (There, maybe that is easier to answer.) I haven't heard all their songs, so I wouldn't mind having a suggestion about which three to be sure to listen to.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan:
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Legalize Homicide
 
Crinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
No, I haven't seen Behemoth live. You? Which would be your top three songs by Behemoth? (There, maybe that is easier to answer.) I haven't heard all their songs, so I wouldn't mind having a suggestion about which three to be sure to listen to.
I've seen them twice. The first time was at the 2009 Mayhem Festival. Here's the thing: when you picture them playing, it's in a mainly dark setting; Behemoth destroyed the place; and it was outside, sunny, and HOT. The second time I saw them was last April with Watain and In Solitude. It was awesome because the venue they were playing at is run by money-whores, so they kept letting people in after the show sold-out to the point where it was shoulder-to-shoulder lol

My FAVORITE songs by Behemoth include:


Behemoth- Demigod - YouTube


Behemoth- Before The Ćons Came - YouTube


Behemoth - As Above so Below (Zos Kia Cultus) - YouTube


Behemoth - Satan's Sword (I Have Become) - YouTube

Their most brutal song (featuring a guitar solo from Nile's lead guitarist Karl Sanders):

Behemoth- XUL - YouTube

And finally...my all-time favorite song by them (I just realized that it was) LISTEN TO THE WHOLE THING, 2:05 is where the brutality starts:

Behemoth- The Reign Ov Shemsu-Hor - YouTube
__________________
"Your God died on a cross. Mine holds a hammer in his hand. Make your own conclusions." - Nergal (Behemoth)


http://www.nylon-ice.blogspot.com

Last edited by Crinn; 11-15-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: typo
Crinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Do good.
 
Blarobbarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,003
Default

Welcome to MB. You'll do good here. It's always good to have anther member for our metalhead community.
__________________
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Blarobbarg

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
subscribe to pewdiepie
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crinn View Post
(Parasta maa maailmassa).
Pasta mom mailmaster to you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crinn View Post
I've seen them twice. The first time was at the 2009 Mayhem Festival.
I saw them at Mayehm Festival too. Can't say they're my fav band. Bit generic for me. Cannibal Corpse definitely blew them right out of the water. From the opening chords of "Stripped, Raped, and Strangled" I was in heaven. Although "Christians to the Lions" is a belter of a song.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Legalize Homicide
 
Crinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 95
Default

And Cannibal Corpse isn't generic? Lol
__________________
"Your God died on a cross. Mine holds a hammer in his hand. Make your own conclusions." - Nergal (Behemoth)


http://www.nylon-ice.blogspot.com
Crinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I saw them at Mayehm Festival too. Can't say they're my fav band. Bit generic for me. Cannibal Corpse definitely blew them right out of the water. From the opening chords of "Stripped, Raped, and Strangled" I was in heaven. Although "Christians to the Lions" is a belter of a song.
The first couple times I listened to Behemoth I thought they were kind of generic too, but then something clicked with me and realized how fucking amazing they are. And Inferno is literally one of the best drummers in all of metal so there's that.

Oh, and welcome aboard Crinn.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.