Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2015, 11:41 AM   #29341 (permalink)
Cardboard Box Realtor
 
LoathsomePete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hobb's End
Posts: 7,630
Default

The stigma is starting to fade, but it'll be another 20 years or so until you begin to see more openly displayed tattoos at the work place. Just need to wait for everyone over 60 to die
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:43 AM   #29342 (permalink)
Black Lives Matter
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,245
Default

Or just work meaningless slacker day jobs for the rest of your life like I do (until I hit it big).
__________________
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 1
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I know what real life is, I've been living in it for well over a decade
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:43 AM   #29343 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
He says the same thing
To clarify: He doesn't regret the tats, just that it sucks to cover them up in the heat.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:48 AM   #29344 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Just need to wait for everyone over 60 to die
Not sure about that. Sons and daughters of homophobic, bigoted, racist, and flat out hateful people are already programming their kids to carry the torch.

So sad.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:48 AM   #29345 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

I can understand the professional expectation even if it's based on a stereotype. My concerns are less about wondering when the world will stop assigning importance to such trivial things and more about why I paid 400 Euro to put myself in the situation to begin with. lol..
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:50 AM   #29346 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
To clarify: He doesn't regret the tats, just that it sucks to cover them up in the heat.
No, I regret the tattoo. Not because it's a tribal, but because I don't think tattoos in general serve any sort of purpose in my life, and that they are often counter-intuitive in environments that I find myself in where I do care about things.
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:56 AM   #29347 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
No, I regret the tattoo. Not because it's a tribal, but because I don't think tattoos in general serve any sort of purpose in my life, and that they are often counter-intuitive in environments that I find myself in where I do care about things.
Understood. The two I got were thought out and do serve some sort of menial purpose to me.

To each, his own. Live and let live. Which gets back to the why should anyone give a **** about a tattoo in the first place?!?!?!?
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:58 AM   #29348 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Which gets back to the why should anyone give a **** about a tattoo in the first place?!?!?!?
Different people, different priorities I guess.
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:17 PM   #29349 (permalink)
jiojoijoi
 
grtwhtgrvty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 398
Default

I think tribal tattoos are kind of gross in general for people that don't actually have that heritage. I don't find cultural appropriation of that caliber offensive, exactly... I just find it very ignorant. It doesn't offend me. I don't think it's inherently racist. I just find it very very very tacky. You probably have no idea what the meaning is behind that tattoo. You probably don't know where the style came from. That's literally etched into your body and based on your expression of it, you know absolutely nothing about it, even now, years later. You might as well have tattooed "dumbass" on your forehead at this point.
grtwhtgrvty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:20 PM   #29350 (permalink)
President spic
 
Justthefacts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waxahatchee
Posts: 4,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtwhtgrvty View Post
I think tribal tattoos are kind of gross in general for people that don't actually have that heritage. I don't find cultural appropriation of that caliber offensive, exactly... I just find it very ignorant. It doesn't offend me. I don't think it's inherently racist. I just find it very very very tacky. You probably have no idea what the meaning is behind that tattoo. You probably don't know where the style came from. That's literally etched into your body and based on your expression of it, you know absolutely nothing about it, even now, years later. You might as well have tattooed "dumbass" on your forehead at this point.
1st amendment hard at work.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.