Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2016, 10:45 AM   #31491 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 6,339
Default

Woah. This is almost poetic in a weird way.

(My titties are stench.)
The fact that the "my" used alludes to a singular thing somehow adds beauty.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:57 AM   #31492 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,318
Default

Well now I have a new band name.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:44 AM   #31493 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,004
Default

Ooo so do I^....Ladyvice grip and the deathstrokes.©
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:58 AM   #31494 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 4,723
Default

Josť and the NoWayz
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:14 PM   #31495 (permalink)
Shoo Thoughts
 
Mr. Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: These Mountains
Posts: 2,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Mortem View Post
The other forum I frequent has implemented a like button. We need that here.

^like
Other forum? How could you?
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 04:54 AM   #31496 (permalink)
Fish in the percolator!
 
Seltzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hobbit Land NZ
Posts: 2,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Russia is a fascinating country. The only time I've really been there was a week I spent in Moscow about ten years ago. It's an incredible city and it was one of the best trips abroad I've ever had.
I was born in the Soviet Union and Russian is my first language, but I've lived most of my life in western Europe.
I might not know lots of current things, but my Russian is still perfect and I'm still quite immersed in the culture, so I still might help you out.
I guess people are bemused because it's not really a country for tourism. No, the evil Russians are not all out to get you, but the authorities love to **** with foreigners, many cities have parts one shouldn't go to even during the day and the current political climate is very tense. Try not to pass for an American.
And for god's sake, don't buy food from street vending babushkas or those shawarma joints
Don't let that sour your expectations though, I'm sure you'll still have a great time.
Ah cool, I was torn between staying in Moscow or SpB. Settled on SpB because it seems more balanced and cultural but I still intend to visit Moscow and Kazan if I can.

I think a major reason people negatively judge Russia is that they fret too much over corruption and over-estimate its effect, imagining people living in constant fear. I can't speak from personal experience (never been outside Aus/NZ), but I suspect that corruption is simply the status quo in many countries as it's just the way things are done and people accept it. If you live in India, you probably have to pay off people every now and then in order to get things done. Sure it's not ideal, but I imagine it's no biggie for the most part. Of course, if you're a foreigner, it's much harder to know how to play the game. I guess it's just something you have to learn, just as you'd have to learn how much to tip a waiter if you go to America.

I'm kinda curious about the political opinions of Russians and I've been trying to gauge them from reading Russian forums etc. But at the same time, I think it's probably sensible not to discuss politics while I'm over there.

Haha, from what I've heard, I don't have high expectations of Russian food... dill on everything and spices on nothing! But I might be pleasantly surprised. After all, I've cooked solyanka and shchi and liked both.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Be sure to try krokodil and tell us all about it.
Haha, my brother said the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Russian is actually not that difficult to learn. I took two years of it in high school.
Yeah, I'm not too worried as I've studied French and Latin, so I should be mostly ok with the grammar.

Though I've actually heard from a few people that the learning curve becomes a fair bit steeper after a couple of years. I remember seeing some meme about it somewhere. I'm trying to find it, but all I can turn up is this
__________________
Seltzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:34 AM   #31497 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 6,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
Ah cool, I was torn between staying in Moscow or SpB. Settled on SpB because it seems more balanced and cultural but I still intend to visit Moscow and Kazan if I can.

I think a major reason people negatively judge Russia is that they fret too much over corruption and over-estimate its effect, imagining people living in constant fear. I can't speak from personal experience (never been outside Aus/NZ), but I suspect that corruption is simply the status quo in many countries as it's just the way things are done and people accept it. If you live in India, you probably have to pay off people every now and then in order to get things done. Sure it's not ideal, but I imagine it's no biggie for the most part. Of course, if you're a foreigner, it's much harder to know how to play the game. I guess it's just something you have to learn, just as you'd have to learn how much to tip a waiter if you go to America.

I'm kinda curious about the political opinions of Russians and I've been trying to gauge them from reading Russian forums etc. But at the same time, I think it's probably sensible not to discuss politics while I'm over there.

Haha, from what I've heard, I don't have high expectations of Russian food... dill on everything and spices on nothing! But I might be pleasantly surprised. After all, I've cooked solyanka and shchi and liked both.



Haha, my brother said the same thing


Yeah, I'm not too worried as I've studied French and Latin, so I should be mostly ok with the grammar.

Though I've actually heard from a few people that the learning curve becomes a fair bit steeper after a couple of years. I remember seeing some meme about it somewhere. I'm trying to find it, but all I can turn up is this
St. Petersburg is reportedly amazing and I really hope to see it one day.

Nah, corruption is nothing to worry about.
But the authorities are often huge dicks apart from that. The cops are mostly not your friends there.
And definitely try to evade political topics. You really can't imagine how ridiculously emotional people there are about it nowadays.

I'm not mad about russian food either, but you have to consider that it's very eclectic due to the country's huge size. You'll definitely find a lot you like.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:20 AM   #31498 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,004
Default



You guys my necklace came!!!! Not that you guys knew I was exspecting one ...but I was. I figured if I get abducted by aliens when they go to drop me off, they will know where to drop me off.....Just get me to earth guys...Ill get back to Florida on my own.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:24 AM   #31499 (permalink)
Screwed by life
 
Black Francis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in an abstract house painted silver
Posts: 3,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post


You guys my necklace came!!!! Not that you guys knew I was exspecting one ...but I was. I figured if I get abducted by aliens when they go to drop me off, they will know where to drop me off.....Just get me to earth guys...Ill get back to Florida on my own.
Looks pretty, im digging the purple hair too.
__________________
"Hey Kids you got to meet the MIGHTY PIXIES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:27 AM   #31500 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,004
Default

Oh hey thanks love
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.